Remember the FEEL of the first time you got into mma?

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
for me it was 2002. I had just started wrestling in middle school and was really into wwe(still read results every week but don't watch anymore)
And I remembered ken shamrock did something called ULTIMATE FIGHTING And Kurt angle did Olympic wrestling. I remember the feeling of leaving practice and going home and watching the UFC events on this shitty random Chanel called "fox Florida" . They would show pride events at 4pm every Friday and ufc events at like 7pm on Wednesday and the weekends. Plus random regional events during the week at like 3am.

By the time TUF started it just felt so fun and so attainable to be a mixed martial artist. Literally changed the course of my life.

Watching Fedor and Cro Cop highlights back in the early 2000s. My mind was blown.

Mine was significantly less spectacular.

I was absolutely stoned out of my mind and a friend put on an episode of UFC Unleashed. This was 2008 or so.

Watching ufc 100. Shit felt so awesome and legit had goosebumps.

Unfortunately i dont get those feelz anymore much

Getting UFC 1-3 on VHS
Royce, the little dude was a beast

They used to have the early UFC events on videotape right next to the faces of death series at the local video store. That's when I got into mma.

Pride. Pride was bad ass. I'm a sucker for pagentry but something I really enjoyed was the quiet crowd until a hard shot landed or a submission secured. It was really cool. I started watching around 2000. I was hooked from the very first fight I watched.

Hell yeah.

Watching Royce Gracie tapping out monsters was thrilling. And educational.

Getting UFC 1-3 on VHS
Royce, the little dude was a beast
Yes.

This is the only correct answer.

Everyone else, please delete your posts. Except for me, I posted basically the same thing.

But the rest of you, make your posts gone.

Yep, it doesn't mean anything. Maybe you were cage side for UFC 1. Maybe you were there for Inoki vs Ali. Maybe you were born during the Helio Gracie vs Kimura fight - in the stadium where it was held, while it was still going on (okay...that would be really weird).

Sherdog join date doesn't mean much at all. Just an odd comment from someone with so recent a join date.

The title seems sort of erotic: MMA spread its legs wide and I got into it. I felt like a man. ;)

Seriously though, I've always liked boxing from an early age as my dad and grandad were huge boxing fans. MMA was just another combat sport that I appreciated. I don't remember feeling anything except it was interesting and fun to watch.

UFC 2 was on live and my dad came down to watch it. I didnt think he would like it. We were a boxing family and he thought it would be barbaric. I told him its not that bad. His first fight watching was pat smith vs scott morris.

My dad ended up leaving. Hasnt watched since. Haha

I remember thinking morris is a ninja. He is gonna kill this dude.

For me it was what I wanted to see for the longest time having watched so many martial arts movies over the years and having trained in different discplines--a tournament pitting martial artists from different disciplines against each other.

First read about it way back when in Black Belt magazine in 1994, where they detailed the results of UFC 2. Then went on to rent UFC 2 on VHS from a video store and have been hooked ever since.

Sure it isn't so much style vs style anymore with so much cross training in disciplines, but I still love it.

Mine was UFC 70 when I thought Gonzaga would take over the world after beating Crocop and nobody would be able to stop him.

How wrong I was

Yep, it doesn't mean anything. Maybe you were cage side for UFC 1. Maybe you were there for Inoki vs Ali. Maybe you were born during the Helio Gracie vs Kimura fight - in the stadium where it was held, while it was still going on (okay...that would be really weird).

Sherdog join date doesn't mean much at all. Just an odd comment from someone with so recent a join date.

To be fair I was a long time lurker prior to actually signing up, so I'll accept your point. As you quite rightly said though, it means nothing.

See? Compromise without conflict.

<[analyzed}>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back