Remember the FEEL of the first time you got into mma?

I always thought martial arts movies were stupid. I didn't believe the Bruce Lee hype.

And when I saw the first UFCs, i knew I had been right all along.

To be fair I was a long time lurker prior to actually signing up, so I'll accept your point. As you quite rightly said though, it means nothing.

See? Compromise without conflict.

<[analyzed}>
Haha, compromise without conflict is unusual around here.

Hespect

watching pride KO highlights on youtube (2006-07) rampage getting KO'd by wanderlei had me in awe.

ufc 77 was the first live event i watched on tv. hooked ever since.

Yep, it doesn't mean anything. Maybe you were cage side for UFC 1. Maybe you were there for Inoki vs Ali. Maybe you were born during the Helio Gracie vs Kimura fight - in the stadium where it was held, while it was still going on (okay...that would be really weird).

Sherdog join date doesn't mean much at all. Just an odd comment from someone with so recent a join date.

I don't know about that. A contiguous account here on Sherdog that made it through the far quicker flagged or banned by Mod years shows to some degree a quality of poster IMO. I firmly believe that any long time poster like myself can easily post "worthless shit" from time to time, but I also feel like you as far less likely to get wasted in a "troll war" with a long term poster.

I can't lie and say I have NEVER received double yellows, but I take my account seriously enough that I bet it has been half a decade since I was flagged, and NEVER risked a ban.

It certainly does not mean that even though I did get brought into NHB with UFC 3 at that time, and have a Wrestling background does not make me a guaranteed knowledgeable poster with fantastic incite. It should however indicate that I am serious as a heart attack long time die hard fan of MMA however.

Just my opinion, and I have found using join date to also not work the way I described as criteria on this site, so take it with a grain of salt.

The first time I heard about was on Inside Edition when they we're trying to ban it 95/96
The first clip i saw was Keith Hackney dropping Manny Yarborough.
Dan Severn was on the show explaining No Holds Barred to them and throwing around an 85lb grappling dummy.
I actually saw the VHS tapes at BlockBuster Video™ about a year later .
I rented UFC 2 & 4. With the Hubbub that was going about it i was surprised they let me rent it while being underage.
Anyways saw it and was hooked until the Wrestlers and rule changes took over.
Took me awhile to get back in to it fulltime.
But an Episode of
Primetime™ for UFC 98 got me back obsessed with it.

Before that it was random episodes of UFC Unleashed.

Watching Maurice Smith beat the fuck outta out Mark Coleman.....Maurice became my favorite black guy in that moment.

for me it was 2002. I had just started wrestling in middle school and was really into wwe(still read results every week but don't watch anymore)
And I remembered ken shamrock did something called ULTIMATE FIGHTING And Kurt angle did Olympic wrestling. I remember the feeling of leaving practice and going home and watching the UFC events on this shitty random Chanel called "fox Florida" . They would show pride events at 4pm every Friday and ufc events at like 7pm on Wednesday and the weekends. Plus random regional events during the week at like 3am.

By the time TUF started it just felt so fun and so attainable to be a mixed martial artist. Literally changed the course of my life.
on par with the first time my dad sexually assaulted me.. weird, but fun

Severn slamming this little prick also:

severn-vs-macias-o.gif

I don't know about that. A contiguous account here on Sherdog that made it through the far quicker flagged or banned by Mod years shows to some degree a quality of poster IMO. I firmly believe that any long time poster like myself can easily post "worthless shit" from time to time, but I also feel like you as far less likely to get wasted in a "troll war" with a long term poster.

I can't lie and say I have NEVER received double yellows, but I take my account seriously enough that I bet it has been half a decade since I was flagged, and NEVER risked a ban.

It certainly does not mean that even though I did get brought into NHB with UFC 3 at that time, and have a Wrestling background does not make me a guaranteed knowledgeable poster with fantastic incite. It should however indicate that I am serious as a heart attack long time die hard fan of MMA however.

Just my opinion, and I have found using join date to also not work the way I described as criteria on this site, so take it with a grain of salt.
You're right to an extent, but I'm honestly amazed that some of the long-time accounts have lasted as long as they have and never seem to get dubs for all the fighter-bashing they do all day long. Go figure. And then others (myself included) get dubs for things that I consider relatively petty - again, go figure.

And definitely, an account created in 2005 has a lot more credibility when they say something like "I've been watching since the early 2000s" - but the Sherdog cliche (used to be more common) was that everyone here has been watching since UFC 1, which was what I was alluding to.

Overall, though, it's really meaningless. I see better content from some 2016 white belts than from some 2005 red/silver/custom belts.

UFC 71, Rampage knocking out Lidell. Went back and watched all of Rampage highlights and fell in love. It seemed magical back then, fell off around 2012 but come back to it around the end of 2014

You are going to get allot of fake stories about people pretending to be into mma sooner then they actually were

Became a super fan during ufc 100, i watched ufc when it was on here and there before hand but a my new group of high school Friends were into it. I had just started drinking and hanging with girls, going out late making bad decisions and good memories. Best times of life along with discovering my favorite past time.

saw the movie Never Back Down. shit was so phony, i started watching old PRIDE fights to get a real idea of how things go.

been a fan since, even started training to get more of an understanding of the sport..

It was during the golden age of the LHW division and I had alot of fun catching up on hendo, wanderlei, rampage, shogun, Chuck and all the other greats from that era. Since I didn't watch any of them rise to the top they this aura about them to me that I don't feel about fighter I see come from the bottom. Still love mma just as much now !

I was in grade school, part of The Ultimate Fighter Generation. I was taking karate at time, so I started to become interested to see if there was combat outside of boxing. I caught a recent replay of Griffen/Bonnar and had to research and learn everything I could about MMA and the fighters. I remember watching season 2 and rooting every week for Luke Cummo. I was a nerdy kid, so I really related to him at the time.

Been an obsessive fan ever since.

It was during the golden age of the LHW division and I had alot of fun catching up on hendo, wanderlei, rampage, shogun, Chuck and all the other greats from that era. Since I didn't watch any of them rise to the top they this aura about them to me that I don't feel about fighter I see come from the bottom. Still love mma just as much now !

The golden age of LHW was such a great time. It was my favorite division for years.

Was always a fan and would watch big fights but gsp (being Canadian) and tuf 1 season is what really got me to be a real fan (hardcore)

I even watched watched UFC 1 back in the day with my dad which I was probably too young for it (10 or 11) and I liked it but not like what gsp or tuf 1 did for me.

Back