Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Thesukjaomuaythai shows at Omnoi are shared, Petyindee, one of Songchai's team, Sangmorakot, Deer Kiatpet who is the son of Piraphong, Petsuphapaan and poss Sor Sommai and they rotate between them each week.
The Sunday rang sit show muaydee withithai is run by Lumpini promoter Sorjorwichitpadriew, the ch5 Sunday show is put together by the boss of Chor Haapayak gym and the boss of Pangkongprarp gym, one connected to Songchai the other Kiatpet, so good chance of Songchai vs Kiatpet match ups on that one.
Looks like the Songchai ThairathTV show. Coming to a close in May, going to be taken over by Max Muaythai

Sorry, are you saying that Kiatpetch owns Pangkongprab gym or just that they have a strong business relationship? Because I knew that Kiatpetch did own a prominent gym not too long ago and I thought I had heard that one of the gyms he used to own closed down. Seems like most of the stadium promoters run gyms, usually major gyms, except Songchai don't think I've ever heard his name connected to a gym.

Do you know if he will still promote events out of Montree studio just with a different TV company? Does that mean MAX will be running three events on the weekend now?

Manasak is still pretty decent, even though he's probably about a hundred years old by now:

Sorry, are you saying that Kiatpetch owns Pangkongprab gym or just that they have a strong business relationship? Because I knew that Kiatpetch did own a prominent gym not too long ago and I thought I had heard that one of the gyms he used to own closed down. Seems like most of the stadium promoters run gyms, usually major gyms, except Songchai don't think I've ever heard his name connected to a gym.

Do you know if he will still promote events out of Montree studio just with a different TV company? Does that mean MAX will be running three events on the weekend now?
Just strong connection, most Pangkongprarp fighters are tied toKiatpet as most Chor Haapayak are tied to Songchai. The original Kiatpet gym closed a little while back, but I believe they are in process of building a new one, a more modern state of the art gymsimilar to Petyindee.
The Montreal studios is Thairath's so he won't be doing anything there, Max will have 4 shows a weekend if you count the Friday, 2 on Saturday the new ThairathTV one in afternoon and the all Thai with the4 man on ch8 in Evening

Thai Fight Paris starting right now. Not expecting much but I'll be watching.

Anyone know what their business plan is? Do they make any money? I went to one show, can't remember when exactly but it was probably 2010 or 11. Whichever one Patrice Quarteron won the 4 man tournament and Buakaw-Kulebin. Free entry and only a 80 baht taxi ride away so why not but have been wondering since then what is the point, exactly. Do they make good money from sponsors and tv deals?

Last edited:

Anyone know what their business plan is? Do they make any money? I went to one show, can't remember when exactly but it was probably 2010 or 11. Whichever one Patrice Quarteron won the 4 man tournament and Buakaw-Kulebin. Free entry and only a 80 baht taxi ride away so why not but have been wondering since then what is the point, exactly. Do they make good money from sponsors and tv deals?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but don't they receive funding from the government/military?

There are not a traditional promotion being run to make money. They are supported by their sponsors which one of the main ones is amazing thailand which i believe is an arm of the thai tourism authority and another is channel 3 which the military owns. They basically just put the events on as an advertisement to get people to visit thailand and to promote thai nationalism inside thailand

Thanks that's pretty much what I assumed but wasn't sure. Definitely comes across as a quasi-promotion. I miss getting T Sports on my satellite feed and watching the nightly rundowns of the stadium fights.

Sorry if all of this has already been asked before, but any idea what the Thai fighters are paid?

Thanks that's pretty much what I assumed but wasn't sure. Definitely comes across as a quasi-promotion. I miss getting T Sports on my satellite feed and watching the nightly rundowns of the stadium fights.

Sorry if all of this has already been asked before, but any idea what the Thai fighters are paid?
it really all depends on the organization/promoter but most top guys at raja and lumpinee top out at 100k baht a fight with only a handful getting more than that (sangmanee seems to be the top paid stadium fighter these days and he got 250k baht for his last fight but there are probably only 5 guys getting more than 100k). Now that is only for the real big name guys who can bring in a crowd as there are champions being paid in the 40-60k baht range as well. Thai fight pays significantly more with yodsaenklai said to be getting close to a million baht a fight and guys like saiyok and sudsakorn getting around 500k baht a fight.

Last edited:
Wanchai is a good counterexample to the idea that you need to have dimensions like Petmorakot and Dieselnoi and Wanpadet, if you want to be a really good clinch fighter.

Does anyone know how Wanchai came to leave his old camp and end up at Kiatmoo9? He seems like an odd fit for them.

Wanchai is a good counterexample to the idea that you need to have dimensions like Petmorakot and Dieselnoi and Wanpadet, if you want to be a really good clinch fighter.

Does anyone know how Wanchai came to leave his old camp and end up at Kiatmoo9? He seems like an odd fit for them.

The short clinchers are the best to watch. Its like watching an angry badger attacking a larger animal.

I liked PTT in that fight.

Tengnueng looked like shit.

Somehow they only post the first round of the Youssef fight.

Ikyusang is Tengnueng ?
If so yeah I was sad too. But that was a giant to be fair.
I just meant the same card. Here is Ikyusang's fight:

He used to be a raging destroyer but now he's at that familiar stage of lazy performances a weight class too high.

Back