Recent fights/results/news from Europe | Page 59

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Bang Rachan, Nov 30, 2014.

1. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    Yeah I don't disagree with any of this. I never bought into the idea of sitsongpeenong being a gym that turns thais into elite kickboxers given that most of their guys have been underwhelming in kickboxing aside from Sittichai obviously. But in the case of Thongchai i think it's unfair to blame sitsongpeenong since it's clear that Thongchai doesn't give a shit anymore, in the same way I wouldn't fault pk saenchai for all of Pakorn's lackluster fights (obviously pk saenchai is a different case but it is a relevant comparison imo). Thongchai was competing at a good level in thailand and moved into the international scene well but after that hiatus he had recently he's just fighting for the paycheck.

Broadcast likes this.
  2. SuperLuigi Black Belt

SuperLuigi
    Does anyone know who runs the Glory twitter account? I always find myself on random small pages and they are followed by Glory. Theres a guy who does rap battles, a guy who writes piano music for video games, and a native American lacrosse war drummer who says he has been stabbed 14 times. Also a ton of small time mma fighters.

Tayski and Broadcast like this.
  3. Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Julius_Caesar
    Unfortunately for some just having good trainers is not enough. The fighter has to be motivated and willing.

Broadcast likes this.
  4. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    So why are Yodpayak, Manowan, Phetwanlop so lousy, then? What's their excuse?

From just today:

This is just one of many examples I can think of from the last 6 months or so. Sitsongpeenong fighters seem to do a lot more losing than winning.

Broadcast likes this.
  5. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
    Who said it was an outstanding muay thai gym? Maybe it got a bit hyped because they had famous fighters Sittichai and Kem and a nice place for farangs to train in. IIRC Jay was saying Yodkhunpons kickboxing skills would benefit from training there, which is probably true. I think anyone preparing for a kickboxing fight would benefit by training with someone who is experienced in kickboxing. Right now there are plenty of other trainers/fighters with experience though.

UWanaPlayDaGame and Broadcast like this.
  6. Anteman93 White Belt

Anteman93
    Actually bot in the clip loosing are from sitsongpeenong, ilyass The tall guy in first fight in the clip is fighting out of sitsongpeenong phuket when in Thailand and has been fighting big fights at thai fight and mx. He is still young tho 21 or something. Been training with him, tall guy. I know his mind wasnt right place that k1 fight. I have nothing bad about sitsongpeenong to say, good guys in both gyms.

Broadcast likes this.
  7. Broadcast Muay Thai and Kickboxing Text Messages Blocker

Broadcast
    Wu Ling Feng "Romania vs. China" from Romania (or Golden Fighter), was broadcast on Chinese television.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    @Shadess are you seeing this? Are you witnessing the takeover of China by SK?

Have a look at those screen shots. Where are the screen shots of Glory making way into The Orient?

Glory is all talk, SK is bout that action.

9. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe
    Samedov vs Zimmerman 2 by Akhmat show
    [​IMG]
    this fight would be cool some years ago,but today Zimmerman is doing so bad after that Verhoeven fight

back in the day this loss took out the K-1 gp amsterdam title from Samedov and a spot on K-1 WGP 2008

10. Broadcast Muay Thai and Kickboxing Text Messages Blocker

Broadcast
    Samedov only takes fights against opponents with hernia like Morosanu and current bums that lost to Agygun and Redzovic, like Zimmerman. What the fuck is wrong is Errol? He recovered with 2 KOs after that severe loss to Ghita.

Zimmerman will go only to take the money like Morosanu. Puncher"s chance though...

11. SuperLuigi Black Belt

SuperLuigi
    A few days ago I had an uber driver who said he is good friends with Samedov. He said he is a nice guy and really humble.

UWanaPlayDaGame and Mafanofe like this.
  12. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe
    Enfusion 85kg league announced

"Enfusion Live on the 16th of September Zwolle , The Netherlands [​IMG]
    • The start of the 85KG league
    - Ibrahim Elboustati [​IMG]
    - Loren Javier Jorge [​IMG]
    - Mauricio Costa Cardosa [​IMG]
    - Mehdi Bouanane [​IMG]
    - Filip Verlinden [​IMG]
    - Ulrik Bokeme [​IMG]"

some known names in there

wished they callen another tough name like Pereira or Bugaenko(he can do 85kg with no problem)

I think pereira would like it because in recent years glory almost dont give him single fights,only contender tournaments spot like once time a year

But its kinda obvious that they dont want to throw bigger names on Boustati,an semi retired Verlinden and the upset early KO loss to Bokeme were able to knock him off,imagina what guys like Pereira and Bugaenko could do to him

UWanaPlayDaGame and andyjeezy like this.
  13. Shadess Brown Belt

Shadess
    Don't know/remember if it was for the league or not but they were talking to Levin some time ago. Just couldn't get anywhere near settled on the money.

Hope this league stays more intact and generally has less sillyness to it.

14. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe
    i woud be amazing,it still a shame what happened to Levin Career after the 3rd marcus fight

15. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
  16. Karaev fan Brown Belt

Karaev fan
    I almost WANT Bigfoot to KO Rico at this point. Sad to root against Rico, but Glory deserves someone to throw a wrench in their plans after all these meaningless fights to prop him up until the next Badr fight is arranged.

17. JimGunn Red Belt

JimGunn
    Isn't Rico already scheduled to fight Ben Saddik later this year after this China card?

18. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    I'd take that with a grain of salt. He was also supposed to fight Londt after he won a contender tournament.

Regardless, he's already finished Saddik in a fight before so that's not exactly a fight to get hyped about.

19. JimGunn Red Belt

JimGunn
    Who would you suggest Rico fight after Bigfoot and Ben Saddik if that indeed happens?

20. DastardlyMass Brown Belt

DastardlyMass
    glory already announced it as main event for amsterdam in december