Recent fights/results/news from Europe | Page 60

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Bang Rachan, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    C'mon man you already know. Gerasimchuk. Litterally the only HW fight that makes any sense. A chance to redeem a loss. A storyline with trilogy potential. Obviously not a Hari level draw, but neither were Anderson "Gateway" Silva and Ismael "Hamburger" Lazaar...

What a blown opportunity by Glory. They could have set that fight for the China event, where the initial loss took place.

2. JimGunn Red Belt

JimGunn
    Is it at all possible that they just can't sign him right now due to contractual agreements or he just doesn't want to sign with Glory for whatever reason? I assume you're not his manager and in on the negotiations. I know kickboxers often jump around a lot more than MMA fighters who frequently tend to be locked down under exclusive contracts with promotions. Maybe it will happen at a later date if not now.

By the way, it doesn't say anything good about the health of a sport if you think that there is literally only one person in the world that a particular champion can face that makes sense. I'd think someone was nuts if they said that about UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Micocic for example, that there's only one heavyweight fighter in the world that it makes any sense for him to face, but it was some obscure dude fighting overseas in say, M-1 Global in Russia.

3. Shadess Brown Belt

Shadess
    HW kickboxing is definitely in a prolonged slump or however one wants to put it. It wouldn't need to be quite as bad as it is but still plenty of reasons why it's worse than it was.

4. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    I seriously doubt he's locked into a contract. That's pretty rare in this sport, especially for a guy who isn't a star or champion. Glory has intentionaly acted like that fight and loss has never happened. They are avoiding the issue, and have never stated once that they made any attempts to sign him or that he was a prospect for a match with Rico.

And yes, HW Kickboxing is absolute garbage right now and the division is pretty much dead. Most of the new wave of HW fighters aren't even competing anymore after having a taste of big purses which are no longer there from the tail end of FEG K-1.

5. Broadcast Muay Thai and Kickboxing Text Messages Blocker

Broadcast
    Verhoeven should rematch with Adegbuyi, Adegbuyi was robbed against Inocente. And also against Londt. Both Adegbuyi and Londt won contender tournaments.

They are protecting him a lot, after robbing Ghita.

6. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    C'mon man Adegbuyi did nothing to win the Inocente fight and I picked him to win. The last time he met Rico he became the best highlight of Rico's career. He's not a threat.

Rico is getting a bunch of bogus fights now, that I can admit. I don't think Adegbuyi is the answer tho.

7. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe
    honestly i want to see Guto taking a title shot soon,maybe after Ben Saddik,and get his ass kicked on a one sided beatdown

honestly,i cant stand for this guy,i really think that he is not this good even for this dead division,the problem is that people who fight with him haves the most dumb strategy and approach against him,like Adegbuyi made on his fight with him

just low kick his rear leg inflicting damage on his movimentation,walking forward him with the chin down and keep an eye on his right hand,let your left hand on high guard pretty mich all time,and avoid throwing left hooks,he haves pretty good timing speed and power on his right hand especially with his hook.

trap him in the corners with jabs and straight rights to the body,head always low,once you haves him on the corner unload on his body section with you chin down,alternating hooks and uppercuts to caught his stactionary head when you goes to his body,he haves bad cardio and his open fight stance is not effective on defending body shots

dot it until he looks like he looks like that he ran a marathon,and then finish him

PLS RICO DO IT!

UWanaPlayDaGame likes this.
  8. Shadess Brown Belt

Shadess
    Benny wasn't robbed at all :x

9. SuperLuigi Black Belt

SuperLuigi
    I don't really care about the Gerasimchuk thing. He lost to some other Glory guys since he beat Rico anyways. The fight I'd most like to see is Rico vs Saddik and that's booked for the end of the year.

10. DastardlyMass Brown Belt

DastardlyMass
    I think Gerasimchuk should have been the only option if they were going to use rico in china. Truthfully why in the world are they even doing another hw non title fight let alone in china? Rico has fought there only once and got dropped and lost so it is not like he is some big name with tons of fans in china.

They should have used what amount of cash they are paying rico to sign buakaw and maybe even give sittichai the raise he wants as they at least have fans and can sell some tickets in china. Instead were stuck with a major mismatch and further delaying the hw division they have put on hold for the last 12 months and will end up being 15 months between title defenses. Yet they are making interim titles for other weight classes not be defended for 4 months because their contract with the ufc requires i think 10 title fights a year.

11. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
    great gameplan, agree on everything.

HW divisions across all combat sports are dead they should converge all HW fighters from all combat sports into one division then maybe you would be able to have decent competition. same thing at LHW. only under these circumstances a guy like Guto can get a title shot.

Mafanofe likes this.
  12. JimGunn Red Belt

JimGunn
    I agree Guto is a bit flawed yet he keeps gettng underestimated and almost always finds a way to win except versus a giant like Ben Saddik. He closed as a massive +1300 underdog against Adegbuyi, so I can only imagine what his odds would be against Rico.

13. Broadcast Muay Thai and Kickboxing Text Messages Blocker

Broadcast
    Adegbuyi was robbed against Inocente, see what Glory and kickboxing sites said. Fuck the Americans or who were judges!

14. Broadcast Muay Thai and Kickboxing Text Messages Blocker

Broadcast
  15. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    Cool, they're wrong, just like you.

Guto hustled and put in work to win. Adegbuyi just stood there doing nothing. You know it and I know it. It was a shit performance. He didn't do enough to win the fight.

Close fights are never robberies either, you use that term too loosley.

16. Broadcast Muay Thai and Kickboxing Text Messages Blocker

Broadcast
    Not need to argue with me, you"re just an idiot (same and same again and again). I invite you to watch again first and third rounds.

Bang Rachan likes this.
  17. JimGunn Red Belt

JimGunn
    I think the decision hinged on round 1 as Guto clearly won round 2 and Adegbuyi clearly won round 3, so round 1 was the deciding round ultimately. I believe that the fight was close and back & forth enough to be debatable. I may be as biased as you having had money on Guto versus your Romanian bias, but I would call that decision controversial rather than an outright robbery.

18. DastardlyMass Brown Belt

DastardlyMass
    While I would not classify it as a robbery benny really should have gotten the decision. Guto didn't do much of shit either in the fight

19. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    I invite you to go F yourself.

Why would I watch that terrible fight again?

If I was to watch a Benny fight again, it would be the one where Rico knocked him unconscious to the canvas in spectacular fasion. Yet another failed attempt at HW Gold for Romania.

20. Shadess Brown Belt

Shadess
    hahah
    but yeah Guto 1 & 2. Laughed at the forceful "robbery" talk the night of the event and still do. No need to watch the 3rd round as Benny won it. You go watch the 1st one and tell me what Benny did in the whole round other than that one near double KO moment.

Answer: nothing much that scores.

Snubnoze707 likes this.