Recent fights/results/news from Europe

I have RVR winning, they'll trade punches evenly but RVR will sneak in some hard low kicks which will have an impact in the later rounds. Could go either way though. Pet is the better fighter than RVR but that match up in particular is one that RVR cannot adjust to, I think people are undervaluing him a bit after that fight. Adamchuk is also quite inconsistent, does well against Pet and beats Salvador but looks average against guys like Varga, Chikadze and that japanese 70kger he fought.
I think RVR piling up little leg kicks is the only way he can win. I think Adamchuck will tag him with punches pretty much whenever he throws and RVR will barely be able to land any clean punches at all.

Sharp kicks and knees for kickboxing standards

DFq7L2zXYAEynFp.jpg

DFq9gRUXgAImbJv.jpg

DFq9hdKXgAAdUlc.jpg

DFq9ifGXcAIHlEk.jpg

There's more too but these seemed like ones with a name or two people might recognize at least.

some known names into it,Brazillian team having a lot of the country´s best in it

gabriele mazzetti is the south american who used to fight in top king?

anyone watched Yangames event?

it had Hron vs Kryklia and Hutnik vs maslobojev on the card

I saw somewhere that kryklia lost by decision <DCrying>

Not Europe but close enough. Mohamed Mezouari beat the shit out of Thongchai. I wonder when all that time at training with those amazing Sitsongpeenong trainers is going to pay off?

Can't really blame sitsongpeenong for that, thongchai just doesn't care about fighting anymore. He was doing well internationally for a while.

Can't really blame sitsongpeenong for that, thongchai just doesn't care about fighting anymore. He was doing well internationally for a while.
Meh, pretty much none of Sitsongpeenong's other charges have become more than mediocre. I don't think any of the fighters they've bought have improved at all.

It isn't even that Sitsongpeenong is a bad gym, but they get tons of press and everyone sings their praises, because they're well connected and have a bunch of fighters (almost all bought) who get international opportunities. Same sort of thing has happened with Fairtex and Banchamek gym.
Nothing about Sitsongpeenong's history suggests that they can produce top level talent, so there's not much reason expect improvement from guys like Thongchai, Manowan, etc.

Last edited:
Meh, pretty much none of Sitsongpeenong's other charges have become more than mediocre. I don't think any of the fighters they've bought have improved at all.

It isn't even that Sitsongpeenong is a bad gym, but they get tons of press and everyone sings their praises, because they're well connected and have a bunch of fighters (almost all bought) who get international opportunities. Same sort of thing has happened with Fairtex and Banchamek gym.
Nothing about Sitsongpeenong's history suggests that they can produce top level talent, so there's not much reason expect improvement from guys like Thongchai, Manowan, etc.

Yeah I don't disagree with any of this. I never bought into the idea of sitsongpeenong being a gym that turns thais into elite kickboxers given that most of their guys have been underwhelming in kickboxing aside from Sittichai obviously. But in the case of Thongchai i think it's unfair to blame sitsongpeenong since it's clear that Thongchai doesn't give a shit anymore, in the same way I wouldn't fault pk saenchai for all of Pakorn's lackluster fights (obviously pk saenchai is a different case but it is a relevant comparison imo). Thongchai was competing at a good level in thailand and moved into the international scene well but after that hiatus he had recently he's just fighting for the paycheck.

Does anyone know who runs the Glory twitter account? I always find myself on random small pages and they are followed by Glory. Theres a guy who does rap battles, a guy who writes piano music for video games, and a native American lacrosse war drummer who says he has been stabbed 14 times. Also a ton of small time mma fighters.

Unfortunately for some just having good trainers is not enough. The fighter has to be motivated and willing.
So why are Yodpayak, Manowan, Phetwanlop so lousy, then? What's their excuse?

From just today:

This is just one of many examples I can think of from the last 6 months or so. Sitsongpeenong fighters seem to do a lot more losing than winning.

So why are Yodpayak, Manowan, Phetwanlop so lousy, then? What's their excuse?

From just today:

This is just one of many examples I can think of from the last 6 months or so. Sitsongpeenong fighters seem to do a lot more losing than winning.

Who said it was an outstanding muay thai gym? Maybe it got a bit hyped because they had famous fighters Sittichai and Kem and a nice place for farangs to train in. IIRC Jay was saying Yodkhunpons kickboxing skills would benefit from training there, which is probably true. I think anyone preparing for a kickboxing fight would benefit by training with someone who is experienced in kickboxing. Right now there are plenty of other trainers/fighters with experience though.

Not Europe but close enough. Mohamed Mezouari beat the shit out of Thongchai. I wonder when all that time at training with those amazing Sitsongpeenong trainers is going to pay off?

Actually bot in the clip loosing are from sitsongpeenong, ilyass The tall guy in first fight in the clip is fighting out of sitsongpeenong phuket when in Thailand and has been fighting big fights at thai fight and mx. He is still young tho 21 or something. Been training with him, tall guy. I know his mind wasnt right place that k1 fight. I have nothing bad about sitsongpeenong to say, good guys in both gyms.

Wu Ling Feng "Romania vs. China" from Romania (or Golden Fighter), was broadcast on Chinese television.

12(1).jpg

3(9).jpg

14(1).jpg

@Shadess are you seeing this? Are you witnessing the takeover of China by SK?

Have a look at those screen shots. Where are the screen shots of Glory making way into The Orient?

Glory is all talk, SK is bout that action.

Back