Recent fights/results/news from Europe

Come on, it's not just who you beat but how you beat them. Kaew is just a joy to watch and dominating the division like a champion should.

You can make a argument for both fighters.

Kaew is just a joy to watch
There you go...this was what I was waiting for. Confusing excitement with effectiveness. One of the biggest mistakes fight fans make. I've heard this so many times when it comes to Floyd Mayweather. Kaew maybe more exciting but sittichai is more effective.

Come on, it's not just who you beat but how you beat them and dominating the division like a champion should.
But your forgetting one important factor. The opponents Kaew is dominating. Do you think he would do the same against Van Roosmalen? Or what if Grigorian was fighting at 65kg? For example the way Sittichai fought Marat in the last fight was smart even tho it wasn't very entertaining. Marat is a powerful fighter and is only getting better. His last 3 fights before Sittichai were all KO's and you can bet your ass there will be more. Sittichai knows this and played the game smart. If you put Marat in there with Superbon now I wouldn't be surprised if Marat knocked him out because he gets hit a lot more. Sittichai might not look that impressive but its more to do with the level of his competition.

You can make a argument for both fighters.
Not really

You overestimating 70Kg. It may be better than 65Kg, but you can't rule Kaew out just because he's fighting there.

And my mainpoint wasn't excitement, my point was actual higher fighting skill which in Kaews case translates into more excitement.

Last edited:
There you go...this was what I was waiting for. Confusing excitement with effectiveness. One of the biggest mistakes fight fans make. I've heard this so many times when it comes to Floyd Mayweather. Kaew maybe more exciting but sittichai is more effective.

But your forgetting one important factor. The opponents Kaew is dominating. Do you think he would do the same against Van Roosmalen? Or what if Grigorian was fighting at 65kg? For example the way Sittichai fought Marat in the last fight was smart even tho it wasn't very entertaining. Marat is a powerful fighter and is only getting better. His last 3 fights before Sittichai were all KO's and you can bet your ass there will be more. Sittichai knows this and played the game smart. If you put Marat in there with Superbon now I wouldn't be surprised if Marat knocked him out because he gets hit a lot more. Sittichai might not look that impressive but its more to do with the level of his competition.

Not really

Grigorian was beaten by at 70kgs by Adamchuk on short notice. Adamchuk is on a two fight losing streak in Glory's 65kg division which is much weaker than K1's. The idea that 70kg's is head and shoulders above 65kgs isn't really true.

And look at some of the guys you listed as evidence of Sittichai's greatness: Hamid, Neves, Kiria, Mezouari. Nothing that amazing about those guys; and certainly no different than Soda, Hiroya, Kubo, Glunder, Kimura, etc.

And look at some of the guys you listed as evidence of Sittichai's greatness: Hamid, Neves, Kiria, Mezouari. Nothing that amazing about those guys; and certainly no different than Soda, Hiroya, Kubo, Glunder, Kimura, etc.
Exactly. I dont see this huge gap in competition between the two. Where Sittichai can edge Kaew is in the activity department. Id still rather watch Kaew fight than Sittichai.

Grigorian was beaten by at 70kgs by Adamchuk on short notice. Adamchuk is on a two fight losing streak in Glory's 65kg division which is much weaker than K1's. The idea that 70kg's is head and shoulders above 65kgs isn't really true.
I think that was more due to Adamchuk having an awkward style. Its not like he was dominated. It was a close fight and he would win the rematch.

no it is true. You will never see someone on minoru kimura skill level reach no1 contender status at 70kg. You will also never see some retied pad holder like gonnapar come in a beat a supposed top 3 fighter and #1 contender in yamazaki. Marat was injured and shouldn't have taken the fight. If they have a rematch gregorian is going to punish him adamcheuk

The difference is sittichai was facing those guys in early rounds of tournaments not for title fights. Marat,gogokia,rvr, and groenhart are all better than anyone kaew has beaten. Hell even someone like kiria is still better than most of those guys and i would favor him if he would drop down to 65kg like he should do against the like of glunger,soda, hiroya etc

Last edited:
You can lock yourself in your room and beat your meat to his fights all night for all I care. We weren't debating on who people would rather watch. Its about who's better.
Woah! I don't know about you but I watch fights differently, but do you if that floats your boat.

Ya, I think Kaew is better.

stupid discussion. Kaew needs to get out of Japan or RVR has to sign with K1. neither will happen.

You don't truly believe that. If you did you would of at least gave me a reason.
No, I've just experienced how futile these "who's better" discussions can be so I've learned to put minimal effort into them over the years.

Shadess was saying thats not going to happen. I forget exactly why.
Just that it hadn't happened and GoH has been wanting to do it for a while now.

GoH vs Krush/K-1 in June though so wouldn't be too surprised it happening.

Back