Recent fights/results/news from China | Page 187

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by JustinvR, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    Ya I can't go along with that line of thinking. Someone intends to land a specific kick, lands it and gets a KO. Theirs nothing flukey about that at all. Timing and athleticism came into play.

A right cross in theory is easy to defend against too when you see it coming, would you consider knock outs from a right cross flukey?

There is a chance to defend litterally every technique out there. Failure to defend doesn't mean the strike wasnt legitimate, in fact it means quite the opposite.

2. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    No, that you can defend something when you see it coming it coming is a truism. I said it is something which can be defended against, most of the time, when you have had exposure to it previously. For example, a cross is not easy to defend against, when used by a skilled practitioner, even if you have sparred with people who throw lots of crosses. That's the difference between something being a gimmick and being a solid technique. One relies pretty much entirely on surprise the other does not.

3. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
    Tenshin intended to land a spinning back kick to the body and Wanchalong dipped his head at the same time to throw a right hook and ducked right into the kick. with his jaw into what was a body kick. that's why I'm calling it a fluke. the one with Singdam I may be off as I didn't watch the full fight. I'm just claiming fluke due to someone at his level getting caught with a kick like that against a random opponent. maybe the other guy threw several spinning kicks to the body setting up the head kick?

a KO from a right cross stems from someone throwing a right cross to the head so it's not the same situation. also the right cross motion is much quicker and shorter and that strike is always set up by a jab or a feint or something so I would never compare it to a spinning kick. even when you see it coming, it's not that easy to defend other than just blocking with your guard.

4. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    Ones just more useful than the other. I don't see how that makes the other a gimmick, it's real and causes real KO's. It just has to be used properly. Going out there constantly throwing those spin kicks isn't a great idea, but scattered throughout it has potential to get your hands raised, and it has. Those are just the facts.

5. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    We can debate the intent of those strikes targets in those fights but only the fighter truely know so it's pointless. At the end of the day, the target was the opponent, and it landed, and it knocked them out.

I think you're missing my point. I'm certainly not saying a right cross isn't a better technique to utilize on a frequent basis, I'm just saying a spin kick landing and causing a KO is every bit as valid as a KO caused by a right cross. People duck into round kicks all the time too.

I just don't get the hate, other than some people's need to defend Muay Thai at every situation possible.

6. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
    Funny disregarding this win because of an somewhat "exotic" technique when the p4p greatest fighter himself is a trickster.

7. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    Lots of techniques work, if the opponent doesn't know how to defend them or has never seen them before, it doesn't make them good. The Von Flue choke has gotten wins in the UFC, but I don't think that most grappling experts would consider it a "legit" submission. I'm not saying that a spinning back kick and a Von Flue choke are equivalent, but in general you don't want to train under the assumption that your opponent is ignorant or bad.

8. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    But trick techniques are irrelevant to why he's so great. He doesn't win fights that way.

9. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
    I agree 100% that dwelling too much into "intended targets" is pointless but IMO it's pretty clear that the Tenshin vs. Wanchalong KO was a body strike at origin. I think people don't even train a spinning back kick to the head do they? I don't intend to take credit away from Tenshin. I did say he was on his way to beat Wanchalong regardless but that kick was a perfect storm going his way.

I don't like spinning kicks myself indeed but I agree that scattered among other strikes they're just as valid as any other technique. they're just such low percentage strikes and I don't know of any fighter in the history of combat strikes that relied on them to perform well at an elite level. if Singdam had started exchanging combos in the pocket and got KTFO I would conclude that maybe their boxing skills are reasonably close. but I don't see that russian guy landing that high kick KO ever again if they fought 1000 times so it's a different situation.

Snubnoze707 likes this.
  10. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    Saenchai introduced disruptive technology into muay thai. This is known.

11. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
    that's not the point I'm making. Saenchai's advocating freedom of movement and showing more then standart techniques because he can and likes to entertain the crowd.

Now we got a russian dude, that actually incoperates spinning techniques successfully into his muay thai and he get's hate for no reason.

12. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
    pondering that he got lucky on landing a flush spinning heel kick KO to a muay thai legend is not hating. all power to the dude.

13. tru3f4n Brown Belt

tru3f4n
    wow you guys are trippin balls it isn't like this is the first time someone has ever thrown or landed this type of kick in Kickboxing and or Muay Thai you guys are starting to sound like MMA fans.

14. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    What does that mean?

15. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
    do whatever the fuck you want to do in the ring, if it works for you.

jono83 likes this.
  16. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    This is probably the most civil debate in this forums history. Please don't compare us to those animals.

17. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    TKD, Karate and American kickboxers still get hit with spinning attacks despite the fact that they are common techniques in those disciplines. To say once you are used to them they become nullified is over simplistic imo.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    SuperLuigi likes this.
  18. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    I wasn't being serious with that comment, Somrak is one of my all time favourites.

jono83 likes this.
  19. oyvindt Purple Belt

oyvindt
    All star Fight sept 30

[​IMG]

Buakaw vs Kuliaba
    Siepmurn Sit. Chefboonthum vs Andrei Kulebin
    Manachai vs ??
    Saemapetch Fairtex vs ??
    Pakorn vs Igor Liubchenka
    Yohann Drai (fairtex) vs Petchmongkon Banchamek
    Buakiew Por. Pongsawang vs Sasha Moisa
    Ngao Prorjun Por. Kitpanna vs Songklalek Sor. Chaijauren

i think Vitali Hurko will also fight not sure.

20. Shadess Brown Belt

Shadess
    Scheduling-wise guess that means Kuliaba and Drai will be on the Kunlun Paris event then. Making things a little weird unless they've shifted like ~all the quarterfinals on to that event.