Recent fights/results/news from China

Any more opinions on the winner of the fight Syperbon vs Ayanesh?

Just saw it though the coverage angle was atrocious. Wish there was a normal fight video from close-up. It wasn't some kind of robbery, but wtf was that finish about? Never seen him react that way as the aggression to finish strongly wasn't there. I would have been okay with a draw and an extra round. You'd think the final round lasted 2:45/2:50, instead of 3 minutes.

Maybe injury is taking a toll on him (heard about shoulder issues), plus having a lady friend is also an added distraction. Who knows, but I guess if the #1 ranked fighter in his weight category doesn't always have slam dunk victories, people go off negatively, lol.

Just saw it though the coverage angle was atrocious. Wish there was a normal fight video from close-up. It wasn't some kind of robbery, but wtf was that finish about? Never seen him react that way as the aggression to finish strongly wasn't there. I would have been okay with a draw and an extra round. You'd think the last round lasted 2:45/2:50, instead of 3 minutes.

Maybe injury is taking a toll on him (heard about shoulder issues), plus having a lady friend is also an added distraction. Who knows, but I guess if the #1 fighter ranked in his weight category doesn't always have slam dunk victories, people go off negatively, lol.
There is a full video on kunlun fb

I thought Superbon won for sure. Ayanesh caught him with a few good shots in r3 but was otherwise eating shots the whole fight.

Yes! Just saw it now.... Upon closer inspection, the judges did get it right. It wasn't AS close as I had thought though the finish was a bit "sloppy".... Ayanesh was mostly flailing those arms in the end, some of which didn't land solidly though the attitude and aggression were there. Good effort to be sure. He has the stamina and forced Bon to go hard with his punches as the kicks weren't there for the fight this time. Bon very solidly won the 2nd round and did enough in the 3rd.

sittichai > superbon

sittichai can beat all types of styles in kickboxing. superbon only had 1 good win against sittichai because he understands thai style but he will lose to marat.

I think naya was more aggressive but he was allover the place sometimes,he also missed plenty.
anyway to call this fight a robbery is absurd to me and an extra round seemed excessive as well,there were way closer fights that didn't get an extra.

pdYd1SI.jpg

Kunlun continues with the "controversy" of Bon's win. I don't understand what they're aiming for.... You would think there was something to all this drama, but most of us here didn't even think it was a draw... It just wasn't. Puzzling to say the least.

he looked off even before the fight...i still think he lost the first round but second won,3rd round i'd still give him the win because he was more accurate.

the backlash was insane....kunlun pushed him under the bus the save themselves from criticism instead of providing a fair explanation like they did when sittichai won his title or with other "controversial" fights. fans were pushing to have him removed from the tournament.

they also need to stop calling black fighters the n-word....chinese can really be trash.

But it sounds like they don't agree with the results either...?

The Chinese are so strange to me... One day they love a great fighter, but after a bout, they can turn against you like a rabid dog and try to put you down.

Last edited:
days ago they thought bon lost 100%,now 50/50 and they understand the result.

there is a huge language barrier....kunlun ppl can understand what's going on in their chinese social pages and moderate the cray,on facebook they have no clue nor they care.
the best promotion with the best tournament,contracts,fighters and locations can't have a half decent social media intern...i can't.

How big is kickboxing in China at the moment? Can you give me some examples of online views and stadium attendances.

Also does anyone know the song in WLF just before the fight starts they play the same song every time:
At 9:30 of this video:

A lot of people on facebook are saying Ayanesh won clearly but it's imo there is no way either guy won clearly. Ayanesh himself doesn't seem to think he won clearly but rather that there should have been an extra round.

A lot of people on facebook are saying Ayanesh won clearly but it's imo there is no way either guy won clearly. Ayanesh himself doesn't seem to think he won clearly but rather that there should have been an extra round.

you mean his friends,gym bros and relatives...

Things have really changed since the FEG K-1 days in Kickboxing. Seems like K-1 was happy to give extension rounds to the point of excess. Now it's like their is never extensions anymore.

It's not always a solution though, as fighters have won extensions and the fight when they shouldn't have been given a draw to begin with. Bad judging is always the real issue, but sometimes fights are too close to call in three and when in doubt put them back out there and see who still has the desire to win.

Haven't watched this fight yet so I can't speak on the specifics.

Back