Recent fights/results/news from China

Aparently one matchup for the Kunlun tournament next month:
Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong vs. Enriko Gogokhia

Should be good.

Also think they invited someone else to the tournament and the last invite is between Yod/Buakaw/Ristie. Would expect the last one then to be Yod,

Sittsongpeenong are pushing for that fight but i don't think it is signed just yet. That was who they said they preferred to fight when kunlun asked as they are itching to avenge the loss where the ref turned bout signed under muay thai rules into a kickboxing bout on the octakgon portion of glory milan. Not to mention the controversial decision where glory reps even came out and said he should have won by their judging criteria

Last edited:
Sittsongpeenong are pushing for that fight but i don't think it is signed just yet. That was who they said they preferred to fight when kunlun asked as they are itching to avenge the loss where the ref turned bout signed under muay thai rules into a kickboxing bout on the octakgon portion of glory milan. Not to mention the controversial decision where glory reps even came out and said he should have won by their judging criteria

If they want it and the Russians are saying thats what happening, might just happen.

I think Buakaw will not be part of this tournament,especially with 2 thai winner of the qualification tournament(Sitthichai,and one of them being his teammate Superball Banchamek).

Yod and Ristie having a place on the tournament can make the things even better,if they made it,they will be better than Glory LW division,who is the most strongest in the organization too.

Yeah I don't think Buakaw is very likely. They just have him so they mention him for everything they got coming up.

I don't think we are getting Yod AND Ristie anymore. Think they added some chinese dude and then last spot going to Yod/Ristie/Buakaw. With Yod being the most probable IMO.

what happened with that yodsanklai fight though?

i read there are two groups,first one 27 this month,second group 31 october.
then there are 2 potential dates: november 8 and december 4.

buakaw next fight is october 28 so it can't be him...yod seems to be the one but most people want to see ristie.i wish they had yod and ristie fight for the last place at least...

does anyone even like to watch buakaw fights anymore?

I mean i'm a big fan but his fights nowadays SUCK

had problems this last year but his last fight was really good.hopefully he can end the year better than he started.

fhskZpj.jpg

Totes gonna be in the tournament

does anyone even like to watch buakaw fights anymore?

He's a lot like Badr Hari in that people are still nostalgic for him and always pay attention when he does something big. Doesn't matter if he's not as good or not fighting as good of opponents, people still remember when he was one of the best.

Kiria vs Risco in the Kunlun final 16. Or thats what he posted anyways.
On the other hand there is a pic showing Risco vs. Sitthichai. Souwer also shown to be in the tournament. Oh well guess have to wait and see.

Last edited:
so it's not final i guess.
ristie and/or yod are gonna fight here for the last place left or what?

Gu hui kid should also be buakaw's next opponent.

Who knows. They had 2 open spots that were supposed to go to a thai and a surinamese guy, this was a while ago. Now Souwer and Kiria are in the tournament so either some previously qualified names aren't in anymore or those 2 spots were filled by Souwer and Kiria.

Who knows. They had 2 open spots that were supposed to go to a thai and a surinamese guy, this was a while ago. Now Souwer and Kiria are in the tournament so either some previously qualified names aren't in anymore or those 2 spots were filled by Souwer and Kiria.

i thought kiria was already a part of it,i saw him promoted for some time now....so yes maybe andy takes the last place...all that buzz for nothing.
hopefully there are other superfights with yod or ristie and buakaw for sure.

I think they started the final 16 now,because all this names,except Andy Souwer(who probably replaced someone),already won the qualification torunament.

They probably will start the final 16 while they invite Andy Ristie and Yodsanklai,or they are doing a last qualification tournament to fill a place for someone is going out(like the tournament Davit Kiria mentioned in his FB)

Images from Buakaw FB(list of guys who already have a place on the tournament,we can consider Dzianis Zuev too,he is automatically inserted on the tournament as the winner of last year,as kunlun said)

So we Have 13 places filled,two invitees(they said they invite a guy from Suriname and one from Thailand,probably Ristie and Yod),thats 15,so still lefting one space),but still making any fucking sense bringing Kiria to fight against Risco(who already have a place on the tournament).

It is by far,the most confused tournament ever in kickboxing history :)

Kunlun has an updated vid of the tournament participants out on fb.
Seems the 13 who qualified are the same as before, but yeah Souwer has replaced one of them so thats probably a fairly recent development. Then the 3 invites, 1 is Zuev, Kiria another. Last invite they are still teasing as Yod/Buakaw/Ristie.

Due to my insurmountable evidence of:
fhskZpj.jpg

Totes gonna be in the tournament
Ima say it'll be Ristie.

Sitthichai, Paraschiv, Grigorian, Gogokhia, Askerov, Souwer, Kiria, Ristie etc. (Well Souwer might have replaced one of those names...)
But yeah thats a tournament all right.

Last edited:
Andy ristie vs yodsanklai who do you think would win?

yes thanks finally it makes sense.
i hoped it was yod.i even thought he pretended to be sick to save himself for this lol.

Back