Really hard to respect Joe Rogan as an objective analyst (Jones & Romero)

Romero was cleared by USADA's investigation.

No he wasn't. Neither was Jones.

USADA's conclusions were that both of their explanations were conceivable in the same way that OJ's jurors determined that him not being a murderer was also conceivable.

Literally, anyone that ever failed a drug test could scour every supplement on the market to eventually identify something that is contaminated with their specific PED and that's exactly why it took both Romero & Jones weeks before they responded to their drug test failures.

Really, I don't buy that. His Jon jones nonsense is obvious.

Funny how his harsh criticisms of the UFC on his podcast go ignored when threads like this are made.

Baffling how he plays mental gymnastics with himself and his listeners to convince people that those 2 are likely innocent- regurgitating their elaborate excuses.

Like literally- all you have to do to get Joe to defend you in steroid cases is befriend him and tell your side to the story to him and he'll just be a mouthpiece for you (Jones has probably been texting Rogan to defend him ever since the 2nd bullshit case).

Then you go back to his instant guilt insults at guys like Fedor & Mirko and you really get a clue about the lack of philosophical honesty and sense of fairness this guy has with himself and his audience.

Really pathetic bullshit.

He's under UFC payroll so he has put out stuff the UFC wants to hear him say and/or he's an idiot.

He's a standup comedian, with someone like Jones his first and strongest impulse is to be liked
and by far the most pathetic piece of shit display I ever saw was this >>>
Rogan is a coward.

i'm saying the facts around the chemical tests say one thing, and that Rogan is doing some decent skepticism around it.

i'm also saying that there is circumstantial evidence that he has been cycling for years.

but that's a whole different thing. those two statements are not mutually exclusive. USADA doesn't, and shouldn't, take circumstantial evidence into account.

funny, i find him dis-likable as fuck. and believe he has abused PEDs. but that there may be evidence to suggest he didn't purposely ingest these two times.

but who the fuck knows. the evidence these days is so screwy, and we only get a small amount of the pertinent info. but maybe that's why i'm happy someone like Rogan who has access to folks in power are at least willing to ask the questions.

but what i do NOT do (unlike TS) is take his thoughts as gospel, then get resentful when i find out he's full of shit ;)

cheers
Right on brother, it just seems like if the dude allegedly is down with cycling, then intentionally taking PED's don't seem like a stretch. Lol but like you said, the specifics and everything in the end don't matter because we are all just operating on a bunch of assumptions and not a whole lot of evidence.

I guess when I see fighters start to upset people regularly I can't help but like them a little more, it's not a good quality in myself
Edit: and to the other guy I agree Yoel's case is different and he is no where near as dirty looking as Jones.

Romero was cleared by USADA's investigation.

What the FUCK do you people not understand about that?

Just because Jones is obviously lying and trying to use the same excuse doesn't mean that supplement contamination isn't real
Ya we know. Ok buddy

No he wasn't. Neither was Jones.

USADA's conclusions were that both of their explanations were conceivable in the same way that OJ's jurors determined that him not being a murderer was also conceivable.

Literally, anyone that ever failed a drug test could scour every supplement on the market to eventually identify something that is contaminated with their specific PED and that's exactly why it took both Romero & Jones weeks before they responded to their drug test failures.
it's a little bit more complicated than that.
  1. they have to decide what they want to cheat with.
  2. go find the supplement that contains that PED but doesn't list it on their ingredients
  3. write down that supplement on their form weeks before the fight
  4. take the correct amount of the PED, so that the amount they test for matches the amount they would have taken through the supplement minus the half life of the compound
  5. then hope and pray that the other store bought supplies that USADA then tests against also contain the non-listed supplement
don't read past #3 and #4. if you didn't understand #4, google the definition of "half life".

it's a long way to go just to take a little bit of ostarine

Yoel only failed once and it was defensible. He just fails the eye test. Jones has failed numerous times and he hid from USAdA. He and Schaub opi in on Jones kills me. They are so biased.

Once you understand Joe Rogan has a legitimate cuckold fetish, a lot more of his "analysis" makes sense.

I'm actually being serious.

Rogan has long lost his credibility, and that happened with biased announcing outside of his Podcast.

Romero and Jones are laughable cheaters.

Yoel only failed once and it was defensible. He just fails the eye test. Jones has failed numerous times and he hid from USAdA. He and Schaub opi in on Jones kills me. They are so biased.
Actually, I think Whittaker has some points about more than just the eye test. His recovery time, and body that all of a sudden felt like punching a rock. Romero is guilty.

Baffling how he plays mental gymnastics with himself and his listeners to convince people that those 2 are likely innocent- regurgitating their elaborate excuses.

Like literally- all you have to do to get Joe to defend you in steroid cases is befriend him and tell your side to the story to him and he'll just be a mouthpiece for you (Jones has probably been texting Rogan to defend him ever since the 2nd bullshit case).

Then you go back to his instant guilt insults at guys like Fedor & Mirko and you really get a clue about the lack of philosophical honesty and sense of fairness this guy has with himself and his audience.

Really pathetic bullshit.
Stop caring what other people so say much, he ain’t your dad.
“Philosophical honesty “ this is capitalism, do you even know what your watching? Stop trying to make everything a religion because the old institutions are dead. Joe Rogan isn’t a priest and MMA isn’t a religion. Get a life is what I’m saying.

Guy looks like that at 40 years old and pops and we're supposed to act like that isn't smoke

There was smoke before the test
40 years old doesn’t mean your body automatically noticeably deteriorates.

Anyone who thinks Yoel is just a "genetic freak" with all natural athletic ability is a moron.

Not only has he already failed a drug test, but he's 40 years old and peaking physically... doesn't work that way. He was on the Olympic team for CUBA! Figure it out.

I am NOT a Yoel fan. I'm a Jacare guy, but if you take five minutes out of your day and read about Yoel's upbringing, you may kind of start to understand how he's in the shape he's in.
Having a shitty upbringing doesn't make you a good athelete. There's a reason top athletes pay thousands to nutritionists... poor nutrition prevents muscle growth and athletic performance. Growing up in the Cuban ghetto should make you thin and scrawny, not a ball of muscle.

Having a shitty upbringing doesn't make you a good athelete. There's a reason top athletes pay thousands to nutritionists... poor nutrition prevents muscle growth and athletic performance. Growing up in the Cuban ghetto should make you thin and scrawny, not a ball of muscle.

I'm assuming then you haven't read how Yoel was brought up.

Back