Really hard to respect Joe Rogan as an objective analyst (Jones & Romero)

Yoel already failed a drug test.

He has an elaborate explanation for it but when all eyes are on your movie-star body already and you fail a drug-test and you're peak-performing at 40 years old then what are the odds that you're clean in a sport where 25-99% of athletes are juicing?

Also- people like to assume that all fighters from Russia are on PEDs but Cuba also has a communist legacy where the government has a ridiculous interest in their athletes winning on the international stage for propaganda purposes.

Even if you believe Yoel is innocent- to buy his elaborate explanation and yet at the same time dismiss guys like Mirko just because you don't have a relationship with them is absolute bullshit.
Elaborate? Not sure you know what that means.

He said it was a supplement that was NOT on usada's banned listed. Usada tested the supplement, many bottles from many locations, all came back contaminated for the same thing Yoel failed for. Usada adds it to the banned list, slaps him on the wrist.

Yoel may be using PEDs, but that particular situation was not in any way indicative of that he is.

Baffling how he plays mental gymnastics with himself and his listeners to convince people that those 2 are likely innocent- regurgitating their elaborate excuses.

Like literally- all you have to do to get Joe to defend you in steroid cases is befriend him and tell your side to the story to him and he'll just be a mouthpiece for you (Jones has probably been texting Rogan to defend him ever since the 2nd bullshit case).

Then you go back to his instant guilt insults at guys like Fedor & Mirko and you really get a clue about the lack of philosophical honesty and sense of fairness this guy has with himself and his audience.

Really pathetic bullshit.
Joe believes a lot in some of the BS the media spews but also believes in his "sources" that give him suggestions as to why Jones is innocent. To be fair Jeff Novitsky said that Jones testing positive the way he did doesn't make sense and he believes he didn't intentionally use a banned substance so there is that.

Elaborate? Not sure you know what that means.

He said it was a supplement that was NOT on usada's banned listed. Usada tested the supplement, many bottles from many locations, all came back contaminated for the same thing Yoel failed for. Usada adds it to the banned list, slaps him on the wrist.

Yoel may be using PEDs, but that particular situation was not in any way indicative of that he is.
Just because they found it in a supplement doesn't mean he wasn't taking it

Doesn't anybody think that the users of the tainted supplements already know the supplement is tainted, and use other high end products instead and keep the tainted supplement in their back pocket (so to speak) as the excuse if they pop? I sure do.
Its like all those years ago before sports journalists knew a damn thing about steroids or supplements. Mark McGwire leaves a bottle of androstenedione visible in his locker, and all the sports writers think that's what made him massive, and andro becomes a controversial supplement.
I'd put my money on this scenario for all of the 'tainted supplement' users nowadays.

methinks you take him too seriously. the root of your resentment is likely your lofty ideals of what he should be or how he should act.

quit expecting him to be fully objective. then quit taking everything he says as important.

enjoy him as a color commentator or don't. just like people do with, say, Bill Walton.

he hypes fights (before, during and after) pretty well. he makes them more entertaining to many viewers. that's all. if you take the pedestal that you're trying to put him on away, you'll be happier. and you might even start enjoying it for the mindless-but-often-enlightening-blabber and relatively-educated-fight-analysis entertainment that he provides.

oh, and until you don't cringe when he talks, quit listening to JRE.

Last edited:
Can't really respect somebody for something they are not

Yoel never popped for steroids. He popped for a peptide that basically does nothing aside from increasing your appetite. Sorry but his "excuse" is 100% legit, as USADA acknowledged

He popped for I believe Ostarine..which is a peptide...which is pretty much useless...most of those peptides are crap..some are good...but most suck ass...Ostarine gives very minor if any results...and it's most definitely not a steroid...people here seem to equate anything for steroids..when they are clearly not.

Back in the day, they had some pretty f'kin potent supplements, that you could buy in your local bodybuilding store...one of them is now considered the most potent oral steroid ever created...not to mention superdrol..which was also a potent designer steroid.

I just turn sound off when the fight starts. Works like a charm every time.

Really, I don't buy that. His Jon jones nonsense is obvious.
oh i don't know. i'm sure i'll get ripped here for what i'm about to say, but....

from an unbiased viewpoint, i believe there is ample evidence to suggest that JJ didn't purposely take PED's either time. the arbitrator agrees with me on the first pop - after a 9 or 15 or however long month investigation. the evidence includes an analysis of the chemistry and the half life of each chemical type tested.

and the 2nd one seems to have similar patterns.

now don't get me wrong. i also think there is ample circumstantial evidence to conclude he's been cycling since college. but that's a different issue, and should be treated

i'm no fan of Jon Jones, and i find Joe Rogan mildly entertaining. he knows a dangerously shallow amount of a large number of things (e.g. if you actually know one topic more than most, and he starts talking about it, you find out quickly that his knowledge isn't very deep.) but when it comes to this particular topic, i think he's showing a fair amount of skepticism. maybe a bit too much, probably not too little.

and let's face it; he's a bit of a conspiracy theorist. so if he's fringe on this and 1000 other topics, being fringe on this doesn't necessarily mean he's "bought and paid for".

that's my unbiased opinion. other smart people can come to different conclusions after viewing the same set of facts and partial truths. that's the beauty of this thing.

and let me close with, Jones deserves a 3 year ban (4 years negotiated down to 3) for accidentally ingesting PEDs a 2nd time, if indeed they conclude that he only accidentally ingested them.

If you listen to Rogan regularly, he basically thinks all fighters at some point took PEDS. He even once said PRIDE gave out bonuses and wrote into the contracts it's OK to take PEDS.

Summary of his thoughts on Romero-

*someone implies or states that Romero is on PEDs*

Rogan - "Maybe, just maybe... some guys are genetic freaks. Those Cuban genetics man. 40 y/o. Elite athlete all his life. These are just really special genetics"

Everybody else:

{<huh}
Joe "It's just like this weird thing" Rogan.

Ever since Joe started making up excuses every other day for Jones I stopped listening to his podcast. I still listen to small clips sometimes, but the Jones thing was the last straw. He has become way too bias for my taste and is lacking common sense these days.

It's almost like he's a UFC employee and doesn't want to point out that Jon is a fuck up. Actually, amend that - he constantly points out Jon is fuck up, but wants to avoid the libel of calling him a steroid fuck up since technically his two instances were contaminated or whatever.

I mean, really, c'mon. Joe usually speaks his mind, but it's pretty obvious that talking about steroid abuse with active fighters that are still managing to circumvent the system is probably a no-no in his contract.

oh i don't know. i'm sure i'll get ripped here for what i'm about to say, but....

from an unbiased viewpoint, i believe there is ample evidence to suggest that JJ didn't purposely take PED's either time. the arbitrator agrees with me on the first pop - after a 9 or 15 or however long month investigation. the evidence includes an analysis of the chemistry and the half life of each chemical type tested.

and the 2nd one seems to have similar patterns.

now don't get me wrong. i also think there is ample circumstantial evidence to conclude he's been cycling since college. but that's a different issue, and should be treated

i'm no fan of Jon Jones, and i find Joe Rogan mildly entertaining. he knows a dangerously shallow amount of a large number of things (e.g. if you actually know one topic more than most, and he starts talking about it, you find out quickly that his knowledge isn't very deep.) but when it comes to this particular topic, i think he's showing a fair amount of skepticism. maybe a bit too much, probably not too little.

and let's face it; he's a bit of a conspiracy theorist. so if he's fringe on this and 1000 other topics, being fringe on this doesn't necessarily mean he's "bought and paid for".

that's my unbiased opinion. other smart people can come to different conclusions after viewing the same set of facts and partial truths. that's the beauty of this thing.

and let me close with, Jones deserves a 3 year ban (4 years negotiated down to 3) for accidentally ingesting PEDs a 2nd time, if indeed they conclude that he only accidentally ingested them.
Some of the stuff your saying has SOME merit, but it seems like you're going back and fourth on your points not really sure what's truth and what's not. Like you say there's evidence to suggest he didn't intentionally take PEDS, but then contradict that partially when you say: there's also evidence suggesting jones has been cycling since his college days?? Huh I'm a big fan of jones and I relate with his fuck ups a lot and I don't see how you can believe he's not dirty or at least guilty of being dirty twice. Didn't he have the testosterone levels of a grandma for the first D.C fight? Suggests your cycling thing, but then he straight up gets caught and we have to believe he didn't do it? I just can't man, I want to, I like the guy, I relate to the guy, but I lie and Jon jones cheats and that's pretty clear at this point.

Summary of his thoughts on Romero-

*someone implies or states that Romero is on PEDs*

Rogan - "Maybe, just maybe... some guys are genetic freaks. Those Cuban genetics man. 40 y/o. Elite athlete all his life. These are just really special genetics"

Everybody else:

{<huh}

Romero was cleared by USADA's investigation.

What the FUCK do you people not understand about that?

Just because Jones is obviously lying and trying to use the same excuse doesn't mean that supplement contamination isn't real

Really, I don't buy that. His Jon jones nonsense is obvious.

Jones is obviously guilty based on that sham defense that he put on during his hearing with the athletic commission.

However, the fact that his case is being conflated with Romero's is absurd.

USADA acknowledged that he didn't knowingly ingest the substance that he popped for after their investigation.

In you subject fighters (or even the average Joe off the street) to highly invasive testing, false positives will happen.

Some of the stuff your saying has SOME merit, but it seems like you're going back and fourth on your points not really sure what's truth and what's not. Like you say there's evidence to suggest he didn't intentionally take PEDS, but then contradict that partially when you say: there's also evidence suggesting jones has been cycling since his college days??

i'm saying the facts around the chemical tests say one thing, and that Rogan is doing some decent skepticism around it.

i'm also saying that there is circumstantial evidence that he has been cycling for years.

but that's a whole different thing. those two statements are not mutually exclusive. USADA doesn't, and shouldn't, take circumstantial evidence into account.

Huh I'm a big fan of jones and I relate with his fuck ups a lot and I don't see how you can believe he's not dirty or at least guilty of being dirty twice. Didn't he have the testosterone levels of a grandma for the first D.C fight? Suggests your cycling thing, but then he straight up gets caught and we have to believe he didn't do it? I just can't man, I want to, I like the guy, I relate to the guy, but I lie and Jon jones cheats and that's pretty clear at this point.

funny, i find him dis-likable as fuck. and believe he has abused PEDs. but that there may be evidence to suggest he didn't purposely ingest these two times.

but who the fuck knows. the evidence these days is so screwy, and we only get a small amount of the pertinent info. but maybe that's why i'm happy someone like Rogan who has access to folks in power are at least willing to ask the questions.

but what i do NOT do (unlike TS) is take his thoughts as gospel, then get resentful when i find out he's full of shit ;)

cheers

Last edited:
Baffling how he plays mental gymnastics with himself and his listeners to convince people that those 2 are likely innocent- regurgitating their elaborate excuses.

Like literally- all you have to do to get Joe to defend you in steroid cases is befriend him and tell your side to the story to him and he'll just be a mouthpiece for you (Jones has probably been texting Rogan to defend him ever since the 2nd bullshit case).

Then you go back to his instant guilt insults at guys like Fedor & Mirko and you really get a clue about the lack of philosophical honesty and sense of fairness this guy has with himself and his audience.

Really pathetic bullshit.

Who cares, joe rogan is one of the dumbest humans to ever live. His podcast is University for idiots.

Back