Reached the Top & Never Been Finished Club

Put Cormier up there that shit ain't right.

Blind deaf bleeding and dreaming of birds, but yeah, he took the W on that

I just can not accept the decision in that fight as being anything but meaningless

To be fair, he was already deaf...

To be fair, he was already deaf...
Which makes Mazzagatti's shouting even more absurd

But legit props to Hamill, I respect that dude.

He did lose every second of that fight though

Haha. Disagree if you want man. I'm going off memory, in which I remember TJ getting caught and going down pretty sharp. I have no facility to re-watch the fight and don't have the energy to trawl through old streams. :)

I admit, if I'm slightly biased in my memory fair enough, but the point remains.

Your memory has failed you.

If anything that was a suspect TKO and possible early stoppage.

There was no "got knocked out cold" in that fight.

Your memory has failed you.

If anything that was a suspect TKO and possible early stoppage.

There was no "got knocked out cold" in that fight.

Ok man I'm cool with accepting that my memory has failed me. As I say, I'm not going to pretend I have an unlimited library of fully recorded previous fights and so I admit I am just going off memory here.

If my memory has failed me I'm gonna show that murfucka by smashing my temporal lobe with a blunt device... the temporal lobe being responsible for memory... which in my case has let me down big time... but I'll teach the cunt a lesson don't you worry my friend

He's the most overrated fighter in MMA history imo

great fighter but not 1 of the best of all time like some tend to believe
I respectfully disagree. Most fighters do not show up every fight. Even great fighter usually have off nights. MM shows up, dominates, and grows in all of his fights in the last few years. He is about as close to a complete fighter as they come. He is offensively, and defensively excellent everywhere the fight goes. People can say he has a weak division, or he ducked TJ. He has practically cleaned out his division, and he said years ago when TJ was champ that he was willing to fight him for the right money. Matter of opinion I suppose.

What about Garbrandt? Never been finished professionally.

Yeah you're really great when the best win in your career is Joe Benavidez

{<jordan}
Twice. And Henry Cejudo, who he ran through. Let's not forget DJ and Frankie have also proven themselves across weight classes.

All you guys hating on DJ for not taking that fight continue to leave out that his biggest issue was how the UFC handled it

He wanted to be approached and paid, not havingnit aired out on Twitter. He wanted some fucking respect and some cash and Dana decided to be a dick about it

That fight could totally have happened if the UFC had a modicum of communication skills
He actually didn't want to fight TJ and wanted to fight Borg, citing his reason that he couldn't be sure TJ could make the weight and wanted some guarantee.... Here we are a few days after the fact and MM got no fight because he opted to fight a guy that can't make the weight himself.

Borg wasn't a contender. TJ was a legit threat. He took the easy choice. I boo that.

Yeah you're really great when the best win in your career is Joe Benavidez

{<jordan}

Must be a new fan. Benavidez has been the second best fighter in both bantamweight and flyweight for years. Only losses are to Cruz and Mighty Mouse.

He actually didn't want to fight TJ and wanted to fight Borg, citing his reason that he couldn't be sure TJ could make the weight and wanted some guarantee.... Here we are a few days after the fact and MM got no fight because he opted to fight a guy that can't make the weight himself.

Borg wasn't a contender. TJ was a legit threat. He took the easy choice. I boo that.

He laid out exactly what he wanted in order to fight TJ. The UFC turned it down. And it wasn't even that much. All he asked for a guaranteed salary plus TJs salary if he misses weight. If the UFC weren't petty that fight would've happened.

Frankie fought BJ 3x, Aldo 2x

That alone is greater than MMs entire career times 1000

Ronda has accomplished more than MM

Your not a 'great' until you have a victory over Chris Cariaso
Legend has it

That was after it was clear he was getting into a trench war with Dana

Then he just started throwing everything at them

But the first thing he brought up at the beginning was how it was handled

But MMA fans gonna sherdog I guess

MM should never be in the same sentence as Edgar in terms of greatness

Frankie doesn't duck fighters and he's fought in stacked divisions his entire career where as MM is king of a weak division and he won't challenge anyone who is a threat to his crown (TJ)

I agree with this and I don't even like Frankie.

That was after it was clear he was getting into a trench war with Dana

Then he just started throwing everything at them

But the first thing he brought up at the beginning was how it was handled

But MMA fans gonna sherdog I guess
Mmhmm. Keep drinking that MM koolaid, casual.

Back