Reached the Top & Never Been Finished Club

Someone didn't actually watch that fight. :D

Haha. Disagree if you want man. I'm going off memory, in which I remember TJ getting caught and going down pretty sharp. I have no facility to re-watch the fight and don't have the energy to trawl through old streams. :)

I admit, if I'm slightly biased in my memory fair enough, but the point remains.

I guess all of those fighters defended their belt, right? At least once.
Yes Frankie and DJ defended their belts. DJ is actually in track to have done it more than any other fighter

Dats true

{<huh}

theyre both great fighters and all, so im not picking sides.... but neither reading their resumes or watching their fights supports this

Resumes?

MM best wins are Joe B 2x and Dodson 2x

WOWWWWWW

9 title defenses in a weak division

WOWWWWWWW

Yes Frankie and DJ defended their belts. DJ is actually in track to have done it more than any other fighter

Dats true
I was trying to pull a joke about you-know-who-doesn't-defend-belts but thanks for your serious reply.

Frankie GOAT. I love him.

Frankie would never duck Dillashaw and fought the best at higher weightclasses, even when the option to drop was available.

Frankie's opponents are so much more dangerous than the majority of one's MM fought, it is insulting to act like MM is way better.
All you guys hating on DJ for not taking that fight continue to leave out that his biggest issue was how the UFC handled it

He wanted to be approached and paid, not havingnit aired out on Twitter. He wanted some fucking respect and some cash and Dana decided to be a dick about it

That fight could totally have happened if the UFC had a modicum of communication skills

Frankie fought BJ 3x, Aldo 2x

That alone is greater than MMs entire career times 1000

Ronda has accomplished more than MM

Don't get me wrong, no one is denying Frankie's record is superior to MM (I'm certainly not). But it does piss me off when fans try to disregard MM's record by making simple statements like 'he only fought cans' or the more recently popular 'he's ducked real fighters!' come on guys, don't you understand how weight divisions work? If you're champion of a weak weight class it doesn't mean you're a shit fighter. Quite the opposite if you consider the fact that the division simply appears weak because of the champion's dominance - but most won't agree with that notion I guess!

FUCK YOU was Ronda more accomplished! Haha... more accomplished in magazine covers maybe. If any of these half-interested media outlets actually respected the sport they would feature MM on the front cover of these magazines over Ronda any day.

Resumes?

MM best wins are Joe B 2x and Dodson 2x

WOWWWWWW

9 title defenses in a weak division

WOWWWWWWW
even if the division is weak, why is nobody on the planet even competing with this guy? hes still fighting all the best there are to offer.

jon jones had 8 straight defenses, are you holding the weak LHW division responsible for those dominant wins? is jon jones less of a fighter because of it?

heavyweight division is weak, the record is only 2. theres no real pattern. when greatness is there you have to recognize it.

Don't get me wrong, no one is denying Frankie's record is superior to MM (I'm certainly not). But it does piss me off when fans try to disregard MM's record by making simple statements like 'he only fought cans' or the more recently popular 'he's ducked real fighters!' come on guys, don't you understand how weight divisions work? If you're champion of a weak weight class it doesn't mean you're a shit fighter. Quite the opposite if you consider the fact that the division simply appears weak because of the champion's dominance - but most won't agree with that notion I guess!

FUCK YOU was Ronda more accomplished! Haha... more accomplished in magazine covers maybe. If any of these half-interested media outlets actually respected the sport they would feature MM on the front cover of these magazines over Ronda any day.

He's the most overrated fighter in MMA history imo

great fighter but not 1 of the best of all time like some tend to believe

I was trying to pull a joke about you-know-who-doesn't-defend-belts but thanks for your serious reply.

Frankie GOAT. I love him.
That first list is fighters who aren't on the list

There's only three fighters that qualify

Im a very serious person and I live off of pickle water

even if the division is weak, why is nobody on the planet even competing with this guy? hes still fighting all the best there are to offer.

jon jones had 8 straight defenses, are you holding the weak LHW division responsible for those dominant wins? is jon jones less of a fighter because of it?

heavyweight division is weak, the record is only 2. theres no real pattern. when greatness is there you have to recognize it.

He ducked TJ who would've been the best fighter he's fought in years so he could fight a guy who can't make weight.

Joe B arguably beat him in the first fight

Huh BJ?
Didnt he throw in the towel against GSP in his prime?
Yes and he also got stopped by Hughes and Yair. That's without checking fightfinder, there could be more.

TJ was on slippery legs but that was it

Early stoppage if anything

Dodson is legit and
After that it's.......cans
I'd say Cejudo is also a legit win, especially after he was arguably robbed against Benavidez and dominated Reis.

He's the most overrated fighter in MMA history imo

great fighter but not 1 of the best of all time like some tend to believe

Look I respect you're opinion and we may have to agree to disagree on this one... but one final point...

How can you be SO overrated (as you claim) as a fighter at UFC level with 26 wins and 2 losses? And undefeated in 13 fights in the division that you're champion of? The FLW title was crowned after a tournament don't forget! He wasn't gifted the title like some former WEC champs! He earnt the title and has never lost it against a string of 11 legit contenders. Don't even mention moving up in weight, because I won't get drawn into that discussion.

No he's not the best (or even most exciting) fighter the UFC has ever seen. But he deserves respect for what he's done within the context his own division.

I'll tell you why I appear to be so invested in arguing this point... for the simple reason that I don't believe any top fighter should be hated on or discredited for no reason. And I see absolutely no reason to shit on DJ's achievements... none whatsoever! Of course you're free to disagree, that's the fun of debate & discussion.

roidhead jones has no business being in any top anything
I asterisked him and left him out of the final comment - but he hasn't been finished and it is what it is

Matt Hamill finished Jones...
Blind deaf bleeding and dreaming of birds, but yeah, he took the W on that

I just can not accept the decision in that fight as being anything but meaningless

Anthony Pettis was seconds away from making this list.

Edit: nevermind, forgot that was interim title bout.

Back