Rampage admits Jones knee kicks messed up his knees

Ronda's armbar did more damage than anything that's been posted in this entire thread and you know it. What a fucking farce to compare it to the legal, entry level technique Jones uses.

Tate says she is fully recovered from the armbar, obviously Page isnt.

These debates often revolve around weird comparisons. Not only is the leg lock comparison flawed, but the bigger point is it being an inherent technique in JJ, the most popular sub-grappling art, while front kicks to the knee are not a big part of the major striking arts, but rather are banned from some competitions (for different reasons than leg locks).

I think it comes more down to most fighters would not resort to using those kicks even if they were legal. Whereas a heel hook is considered a more legit technique.

Jones didn't break the rules, neither did Ronda.

Palhares did break the rules and to top it off is a steroid abusing cheater. It's not hard to understand.

Part of the outrage behind Paul was that the heel hook is supposed to be inherently dangerous('career-ending') yet we see another technique used by Jones that has now obviously injured one of his former opponents, yet there is no where near the same level of outcry behind it.

Those kicks really screw your knees.

knee_medium.gif

Fucking cheap technique. That's one technique I wouldn't be mad if they banned. It's a fight, try to defeat your opponent, not trash his knees. Geez.

Part of the outrage behind Paul was that the heel hook is supposed to be inherently dangerous('career-ending') yet we see another technique used by Jones that has now obviously injured one of his former opponents, yet there is no where near the same level of outcry behind it.

It's irrelevant, Palhares broke the rules, Jones didn't. There is not the same level of outcry because what Jones did is not illegal. End of.

It doesn't matter how dangerous the move is, it's the fact the Palhares can't follow a simple rule set that got him the boot.

^

Exactly.

Plus, he has a history of this. Which sucks, because every fight he went into there was the element of, 'will he get it?'

Fucking cheap technique. That's one technique I wouldn't be mad if they banned. It's a fight, try to defeat your opponent, not trash his knees. Geez.

Interesting that that technique is legal but someone can put their hand on the ground and technically be a downed opponent (though I think I recall reading that athletic commissions or something are making adjustments to deal with that.)

Typical sheep...lets all hate on Rampage now...

yes this fucking noobs should cry on Jones side kicks now ,but they like to hate on palhares, Jones messed Rampage knees and we all know that from the day of the fight, Rampage gave up after one of Jones side kick to the knees

How is this any different than repeatedly battering your opponents thigh with roundhouses so they cant use their legs to their fullest function in a fight?

Interesting that that technique is legal but someone can put their hand on the ground and technically be a downed opponent (though I think I recall reading that athletic commissions or something are making adjustments to deal with that.)

MMA-rules really needs some overhauling.

How is this any different than repeatedly battering your opponents thigh with roundhouses so they cant use their legs to their fullest function in a fight?

Because one's purpose is to hyperextend a joint and possibly permanently render that knee useless, the other one's is to temporarily damage tissue and muscle. You can also check it if you wanted to.

Rampage can't check a kick to save his life. It's the reason why he lost the Forrest fight and once people discovered this his time at the top was effectively over

Knees/joints are much more delicate, can require massive amounts of surgery and rehab if they're damaged, and may never be the same again if they're damaged, permanently causing pain and hindering movement.

Being kicked in the thigh and kicked in the knee are really not comparable. Please think on your question.

MMA-rules really needs some overhauling.

Definitely.

Still butthurt about Palhares being cut and everyone agreeing with it TS?

We win, you lose. Deal with it.

Sucks for Rampage, but you can't blame Jones.

TS, learn the difference between "admits" and "claims" and you will understand the meaning of "deceptive thread title."

Rampage is Probably the biggest toughest crybaby on the face of the planet.

Are you serious?

Big difference in attacking the nerves and muscles of the thigh(they will heal) whereas with a joint attack you can do damage to ligaments which will not properly heal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeavyChag
Back