Raider Nation v27: Sorry Jack, Chucky's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamarr Houston is in for a workout. Welcome addition imo. Fills right in for losing Autry, and hes better against the run.

Guess the belt swinger isn’t signing then

I really liked Autry and was pissed he wasn't retained but Houston would for sure be a good signing.

While we're here, how about Derwin James? Him at SS with Joseph at FS and Obi being a roving DB (teams are playing nickel as their base defense these days) would be a nice combo and he would bring some attitude and physicality to the D.
Ya I thought Autry was underrated as well.

James is a badass. For the best player available, imo, I dont prefer any of the defensive prospects over Smith/Edmunds.
Guess the belt swinger isn’t signing then
Dont have a firm source but heard he wanted more than they think hes worth.

Roquan Smith is in the building.

Roquan Smith is in the building.

That’s great and all but the possibility of Roquan wearing silver n black is dependent on the 9ers.

If the raiders go LB I hope it’s Roq. If the 9ers take him I hope the raiders don’t settle for Edmunds.

That’s great and all but the possibility of Roquan wearing silver n black is dependent on the 9ers.

If the raiders go LB I hope it’s Roq. If the 9ers take him I hope the raiders don’t settle for Edmunds.

Dark Side, Edmunds is a beast that won't get pushed around like Smith. I see Smith dropping in this draft.

Dark Side, Edmunds is a beast that won't get pushed around like Smith. I see Smith dropping in this draft.

He is so bloody young though. You have to wonder if he can handle the pressure and the money.

Give me Edmunds over any other defensive player not named Smith.
When do you see Smith get pushed around? They said that shit with little evidence about P Willis too, and we saw how that went.

Not to mention, Smith is near 240lbs now.

When do you see Smith get pushed around? They said that shit with little evidence about P Willis too, and we saw how that went.

I don't think Smith is a middle. Coverage skills and speed and instincts are amazing.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com...mith-says-he-could-be-in-for-draft-day-tumble
Did you check the highlight in this article I posted a while back? Again just one dude's opinion and I didn't catch much college ball last year so I'm not in a position to counter anything but what's your view on this?

Breakdown basically says that Smith has a particular skillset and a particular weakness and if used properly will be very productive. His weakness seems to be when teams ran directly at him he got pushed around, not really what you want from your MLB. At any rate if you want to see tape of Smith getting blocked 20 yards downfield there you go.

Also to look at it this way, teams abuse the heck out of the raiders with tight ends and wide receivers running free in the middle on quick passes. He would be a huge help in that area, let Mack 1 arm tackle all the backs running through the middle lol

Draft Payne. Dude is great athlete and has shown he can rush the passer from the interior. He'll take the heat off of any MLB you end up getting in the later rounds from the attention he draws and he'll open things up for Mack as well.

Draft Payne. Dude is great athlete and has shown he can rush the passer from the interior. He'll take the heat off of any MLB you end up getting in the later rounds from the attention he draws and he'll open things up for Mack as well.

Exactly

I’m one of the few that wants a DT with the first pick.

I will lose my shit if they draft a safety or Cb

https://www.silverandblackpride.com...mith-says-he-could-be-in-for-draft-day-tumble
Did you check the highlight in this article I posted a while back? Again just one dude's opinion and I didn't catch much college ball last year so I'm not in a position to counter anything but what's your view on this?

Breakdown basically says that Smith has a particular skillset and a particular weakness and if used properly will be very productive. His weakness seems to be when teams ran directly at him he got pushed around, not really what you want from your MLB. At any rate if you want to see tape of Smith getting blocked 20 yards downfield there you go.
Ya, saw one highlight of it. Ive seen Edmunds get pushed around and lost in the pile too. But that doesnt speak to either of their entire bodies of work. Every player gets beat at some point.

MLBs dont like to go heads up with lineman often.

Heres an example of him winning.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Exactly

I’m one of the few that wants a DT with the first pick.

I will lose my shit if they draft a safety or Cb
Who do you want? Vea? Payne?

Ya, saw one highlight of it. Ive seen Edmunds get pushed around and lost in the pile too. But that doesnt speak to either of their entire bodies of work. Every player gets beat at some point.

MLBs dont like to go heads up with lineman.
So you're good with Smith at MLB? Would you put Edmunds there or outside?

Who do you want? Vea? Payne?

So you're good with Smith at MLB? Would you put Edmunds there or outside?
Hurst is better than both Vea and Payne imo.

Id play them both at MLB. Use Edmunds on more blitzes being that hes a freak of nature lol.

Devils advocate: Rams have one of the best DTs of all time and their LBs get raped every game. And thats with having good CBs also.

Hurst is better than both Vea and Payne imo.

Id play them both at MLB. Use Edmunds on more blitzes being that hes a freak of nature lol.
What aren't you sold on with Vea? I recall you liking the Danny Shelton, Star Lotulelei type players and Vea is in that style and arguably better of the three IMO.

I'm following what you're saying about Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back