Raider Nation v27: Sorry Jack, Chucky's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with those project players is if they develop at all it's likely near the end of their rookie contract and you'll have to decide whether or not to pay a player who has maybe a year or two of production. Chances are probably 50/50 that they regress to the mean and you'll be overpaying for production at the beginning and end of the contracts. Not a great return on investment dollar per dollar.

Great point, and a team like the Raiders with small cap space needs rookies to hit the ground running. Hell we haven't paid Mack yet. Those big contracts are tough but it's a good problem to have.

"Regress to the mean". Have you been cracking the books Rehab? :D

Conley played pretty good considering he didn't practice much before he got shut down, I have high hopes for him.

That glimmer of hope from the Jets game. That shit was heart breaking when he was out again lol.

Are these resistance bands new to Raider workouts? I've never noticed them before.

Are these resistance bands new to Raider workouts? I've never noticed them before.
Theyre the new hipster workout. Very popular all over the place.

I blame IG whores.

Hurst being examined by Raiders doctors.

Hes been cleared by the NFL but I really dont prefer that pick.

Hurst being examined by Raiders doctors.

Hes been cleared by the NFL but I really dont prefer that pick.

I saw a mock that had him fall to the second. I don't think this will happen but we should get a good player at #41.

Have to think Hurst is a trade back option, or round 2 option. If thats the pick at 10 Ill be pretty fucking bummed out.

Have to think Hurst is a trade back option, or round 2 option. If thats the pick at 10 Ill be pretty fucking bummed out.

McGlinchey would be a good trade back option. Immediate starter at RT and slides to the left when Penn retires.

Lamarr Houston is in for a workout. Welcome addition imo. Fills right in for losing Autry, and hes better against the run.

Lamarr Houston is in for a workout. Welcome addition imo. Fills right in for losing Autry, and hes better against the run.
I really liked Autry and was pissed he wasn't retained but Houston would for sure be a good signing.

While we're here, how about Derwin James? Him at SS with Joseph at FS and Obi being a roving DB (teams are playing nickel as their base defense these days) would be a nice combo and he would bring some attitude and physicality to the D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back