Radiohead Is The Greatest Band Ever

And this leads me to a great talking point getting no discussion in regards to their claim amongst the GOATs. Its now 2016, and Moon Shaped Pool will undoubtedly be hailed as AOTY from a majority of outlets, and is another classic in their discography. That same argument you could easily make in 01, you can still easily make today after the release of MSP
I don't know about that. It's a fine album but it doesn't do much to transcend the bubble Radiohead have continued to live in for a decade now. I would say from a pop music perspective like Anohni, Kanye, Frank Ocean, Jessy Lanza, Swans, Bon Iver, and Chance have all released better albums this year. I don't know if they will all get a higher consensus rating though besides Kanye and Frank, maybe Bon iver too.

I don't know about that. It's a fine album but it doesn't do much to transcend the bubble Radiohead have continued to live in for a decade now. I would say from a pop music perspective like Anohni, Kanye, Frank Ocean, Jessy Lanza, Swans, Bon Iver, and Chance have all released better albums this year. I don't know if they will all get a higher consensus rating though besides Kanye and Frank, maybe Bon iver too.
You talk about transcending as an artist, and than list Kanye, Bon Iver, and Chance. What did they do to transcend their sound? And as a huge Kanye fan myself, LOL @ Life of Pablo being better than Moon Shaped Pool

On top of my above post, you might wanna listen to Death Grips and Danny Brown if you want artists who dropped albums that transcended their genre of music and themselves. I'm sorry but Life of Pablo being a better rap album than Atrocity Exhibition is a joke

You talk about transcending as an artist, and than list Kanye, Bon Iver, and Chance. What did they do to transcend their sound? And as a huge Kanye fan myself, LOL @ Life of Pablo being better than Moon Shaped Pool
Well Kanye continued to evolve into an artist outside of strictly a rapper and made an album that rebels against corporate ideals of what an album should be. Furthermore he reconciles his animalistic nature with fatherhood and christianity. Chance made a gospel rap album, doesn't sound anything like Acid Rap. Not sure if srs about how Bon Iver transcended his sound? 22, A Million is a fractured and caustic sounding album and decidedly goes away from the pleasant arrangements of his past work. I hestitate none to say that The Life of Pablo is a much much better album than A Moon Shaped Pool, and a more important one. But hey, opinions.

On top of my above post, you might wanna listen to Death Grips and Danny Brown if you want artists who dropped albums that transcended their genre of music and themselves. I'm sorry but Life of Pablo being a better rap album than Atrocity Exhibition is a joke
Death Grips have been making the same album for the last three years lol. It's noise music for people who don't like noise. Atrocity Exhibition is very good, yes. I agree. It's a better RAP album than Pablo but as a singular piece of art Pablo makes it cower.

Well Kanye continued to evolve into an artist outside of strictly a rapper and made an album that rebels against corporate ideals of what an album should be. Furthermore he reconciles his animalistic nature with fatherhood and christianity. Chance made a gospel rap album, doesn't sound anything like Acid Rap. Not sure if srs about how Bon Iver transcended his sound? 22, A Million is a fractured and caustic sounding album and decidedly goes away from the pleasant arrangements of his past work. I hestitate none to say that The Life of Pablo is a much much better album than A Moon Shaped Pool, and a more important one. But hey, opinions.
Your first sentence would be true if we were talking about Yeezus. Life of Pablo is might be the worst album of Kanye's discog, and isn't even the best rap project this year. Not only is it generic, but musically it doesn't hold a candle to the depth of Moon Shaped Pool. Not even fucking close, on any level whatsoever.

Not even gonna debate Chance or Bon iver cause I think their dope, but nothing "transcending" about those albums from previous work. I mean, Chance had one fucking project under his belt before this loll cmon

Death Grips have been making the same album for the last three years lol. It's noise music for people who don't like noise. Atrocity Exhibition is very good, yes. I agree. It's a better RAP album than Pablo but as a singular piece of art Pablo makes it cower.
OK can't take you seriously anymore. This is an outright lie. Death Grips sound is different BY MILES from album to album. You're literally just lying if you're saying nig ga s on the moon, Jenny Death, and Bottomles Pit sound the same.

Your first sentence would be true if we were talking about Yeezus. Life of Pablo is might be the worst album of Kanye's discog, and isn't even the best rap project this year. Not only is it generic, but musically it doesn't hold a candle to the depth of Moon Shaped Pool. Not even fucking close, on any level whatsoever.

Not even gonna debate Chance or Bon iver cause I think their dope, but nothing "transcending" about those albums from previous work. I mean, Chance had one fucking project under his belt before this loll cmon
If Pablo is generic name another record like it? The depth of A Moon Shaped Pool is the same as every half sincere indie rock record about global warming and politics.

OK can't take you seriously anymore. This is an outright lie. Death Grips sound is different BY MILES from album to album. You're literally just lying if you're saying nig ga s on the moon, Jenny Death, and Bottomles Pit sound the same.
Believe me when I say I shan't lose sleep over you not taking me seriously. I like DG but I think they have been making boring boring albums for a bit now.

If Pablo is generic name another record like it? The depth of A Moon Shaped Pool is the same as every half sincere indie rock record about global warming and politics.
How about most rap albums? Lol there is nothing creative about Pablo. What is creative? He talks about corporations? Yeah he did that on Yeezus in a much better way.

How about most rap albums? Lol there is nothing creative about Pablo. What is creative? He talks about corporations? Yeah he did that on Yeezus in a much better way.
Okay name one with similar production please.

Believe me when I say I shan't lose sleep over you not taking me seriously. I like DG but I think they have been making boring boring albums for a bit now.
You don't like DG, and you don't know wtf you're talking about. You don't even listen to DG. The instrumentation on their last 3 albums was literally, completely different. COMPLETELY different. From samples that were all over the fucking place like no one had done before, to live guitar and cyber punk synths, to virtual drums and a more structured and accesible sound, EVERYTHING was different.

But you said it was the same. Don't hide behind "I like Death Grips", either you're lying or you have no fucking idea what you're listening to

You don't like DG, and you don't know wtf you're talking about. You don't even listen to DG. The instrumentation on their last 3 albums was literally, completely different. COMPLETELY different. From samples that were all over the fucking place like no one had done before, to live guitar and cyber punk synths, to virtual drums and a more structured and accesible sound, EVERYTHING was different.

But you said it was the same. Don't hide behind "I like Death Grips", either you're lying or you have no fucking idea what you're listening to
Lol I've been listening to DG since Ex Military. That's a really lazy way to have an adult discussion to just whine about me not knowing them. Nobody has made an entire album based on pop samples? Lol. Sampling Bjork isn't some new thing. Countless musicians make albums out of nothing but samples that are all over the place (just from this year the Avalanches). When haven't they had 'cyber punk drums'? How has their sound become more accessible? The Money Store is very accessible. Government Plates is their best album and they haven't really done anything to top that.

Every rap album ever. There is nothing out of the ordinary about even ONE beat. You realize we're talking about Life of Pablo and not Yeezus, right?
You still haven't named one. Every rap album ever has Arthur Russell and Father's Children samples and beats that build off feedback? Lol.

What criteria does someone use to decide which band the best band ever is? Is there any concrete formula a person could ever use to say Radiohead is better at making music than, say, Springsteen and the E Street band? It seems to me musical taste is almost entirely subjective and there's really nothing solid to say about what you do or don't like except that you do or don't like them. Critiques can be both offered and refuted with pure sophistry and no real foundational backup, unless we're talking classical music/hitting specific notes, and even then, enjoyment is subjective and mistakes can produce happy new melodies that work better to one ear or another

Bottom line fuck Radiohead WAR Springsteen and the Big Man may he rest in peace, and ,oh, also, what I like is better than what you like

Lol I've been listening to DG since Ex Military. That's a really lazy way to have an adult discussion to just whine about me not knowing them. Nobody has made an entire album based on pop samples? Lol. Sampling Bjork isn't some new thing. Countless musicians make albums out of nothing but samples that are all over the place (just from this year the Avalanches). When haven't they had 'cyber punk drums'? How has their sound become more accessible? The Money Store is very accessible. Government Plates is their best album and they haven't really done anything to top that.
Mate there is nothing to discuss. You're wrong. Say you don't like them anymore, but saying their last 3 albums sound alike is impossible when the ENTIRE INSTRUMENTATION, I need to caps that to stress the fact i'm not exaggerating at all, is completely different. That includes the mixing. A synthesizer is the only consistency, but the depth of one is endless. So basically, what you;re saying is equivalent to saying rap music and heavy metal sound alike.

No one has made the use of samples the way they did on that album. You will never find anyone who even came close to doing so. You don't seem to understand the difference in chopping up a sample and laying a beat over it, and the mind fuckery Death Grips can create with NOTHING but crazy amount of different samples all chopped up and mixed in weird fucked up waysl

I said cyber punk synths. There is no such thing as cyber punk drums loll

I'm a big Radiohead fan. Maybe top 10 for me

Moon Shaped Pool was a bit uneven and I thought the political theme for a lot of the songs..burn the witch in particular was typical. Present Tense is one of the better radiohead songs i heard.

King of Limbs doesn't get enough credit. Love that album end to end.

Mate there is nothing to discuss. You're wrong. Say you don't like them anymore, but saying their last 3 albums sound alike is impossible when the ENTIRE INSTRUMENTATION, I need to caps that to stress the fact i'm not exaggerating at all, is completely different. That includes the mixing. A synthesizer is the only consistency, but the depth of one is endless. So basically, what you;re saying is equivalent to saying rap music and heavy metal sound alike.

No one has made the use of samples the way they did on that album. You will never find anyone who even came close to doing so. You don't seem to understand the difference in chopping up a sample and laying a beat over it, and the mind fuckery Death Grips can create with NOTHING but crazy amount of different samples all chopped up and mixed in weird fucked up waysl

I said cyber punk synths. There is no such thing as cyber punk drums loll
Lol you need to listen to more music, for real. Nobody has come close to what? Making an album constructed of samples and putting it into melodic noise? There are endless records that are built on this very premise.

Now you're just saying noise rap is some revolutionary thing? What about Dalek? This stuff isn't new, I'm sorry.

Back