Radiohead Is The Greatest Band Ever

CfssPHFWQAAdxY_.jpg

They've been noodling around and doing hardly nothing interesting since Hail to the Thief. They are basically Thom Yorke beeps and blips now.

I bought the new album a few days ago. It's definitely a good album, but I find myself drawn back to listening to the same Lana albums I've been playing nonstop anyway.

no way, one of their songs on ok computer is a note for note cover of a nick drake song, plus thom yorke sings like jeff buckley, which is fitting considered he cried after hearing one of his songs. Its like " man im gonna rip off this guy so bad i'm crying. "

no way, one of their songs on ok computer is a note for note cover of a nick drake song, plus thom yorke sings like jeff buckley, which is fitting considered he cried after hearing one of his songs. Its like " man im gonna rip off this guy so bad i'm crying. "

Karma Police is a Sexy Sadie cover, if that's what you meant

GOAT? I don't know about that. I mean, I do like them a lot.

I will say that they are one of the few bands from the 90s that still has drawing power.

This is not true at all. Radiohead bores me into a coma. Ol dudes voice is irritating and I find them to have some of the most pretentious fans of any band that has ever existed.

TLDR Fuck Radiohead

I am a fan of theirs (more a casual one) and I must say I agree with highlighted regarding some of their more hardcore fan base.

I find Radiohead to be goat tier. I've been listening to their music for well over a decade of my life. Don't understand the hate.

Pablo Honey was their weakest album, but once the bends came along, their sound really started coming into its own. Each album always presents a new feel that only Radiohead can nail while still maintaining the same Radiohead signature. In Rainbows has to be one of my favorite CD releases to date. It's absolutly enlightening to listen to. Masterfully crafted layers of guitar work, violins, synths; you name it. I like to call that CD In Layers because of how complexly dense yet simple it sounds.

I can go on about Hail to The Thief, (love There, There) Ok Computer, Amnesiac, and the rest of their albums but I'm on my iPhone.

My other honorable mention of a god tier band; Deftones.

Discuss how true that is and how much you agree.

Put off their new album for awhile since I was into other shit, but good loooorrdddddd is it good

I think a very reasonable case can be made that Radiohead is the greatest band of the last 30 years. Maybe even 40. (This would be dating from any given band's debut.)

But Beatles are ahead, for sure. As is Bowie. Just to name two off the top of my head.

I would also say a newer band like MGMT has the talent potential, long term, to equal or surpass Radiohead's greatness.

I find Radiohead to be goat tier. I've been listening to their music for well over a decade of my life. Don't understand the hate.

Pablo Honey was their weakest album, but once the bends came along, their sound really started coming into its own.

Pablo Honey and King of Limbs are borderline bad (for different reasons). I no longer listen to either. Ever.

Every other release from these guys - including Moon Shaped Pool - is a virtual start to finish gem in its own right.

That's seven full albums. Few other bands can boast a discography that fucking strong.

Back