R-rated Animated Comedy SAUSAGE PARTY (Rate the Movie)

If you have seen SAUSAGE PARTY, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Update: August 11, 2016

SAUSAGE PARTY Viral Video of Seth Rogen Pranking Grocery Shoppers

going to see this this afternoon hopefully.

Excited to see this tonight, gramps is coming over to watch our two boys so my wife and I can gtfo of the house and have some laughs.

We're gonna need a bigger bucket of popcorn.

Excited to see this tonight, gramps is coming over to watch our two boys so my wife and I can gtfo of the house and have some laughs.

We're gonna need a bigger bucket of popcorn.
Thank you for not taking your kids to an adult movie.

For sure dude, they're mature for their age so we wrestled with the decision but in the end the 3 year old and his month old brother are staying the fuck home hehe.

I've never checked my phone so much during a movie before.

Last minutes of the film were cringe-worthy/

100% on RT but Suicide Squad is in the 20%? Fuck off.

Yeah RT is smoking crack this month with their ratings

Read the review, I already addressed this.

EDIT: Wrong quote, I liked it but I started to notice the tropes then

Just saw sausage party. I thought it was ok. Had a few moments that made me laugh but at times went awhile with no laughter.

I thought the party at the end was the best part.

I give it a 6 out of 10

I took my son. What of if it?

Do you think he will be a psycho?

Just a heads up, we were killing n raping people before gangsta rap n Seth rogan movies.

What a weirdo

Last edited:

Sausage party was more coherent than suicide squad. Had a better point and didn't delve out of their own reality. Also did not have false advertising to get u to see their movie.

20% for SS sounds about right.
Sausage will go down appropriately

Saw it today.

As a satirical commentary on organized religion it was neither funny enough to be entertaining nor poignant enough to be smart.

Was disappointed .

Didn't love it but it was a somewhat fun movie. The ending was pretty funny.

Critics' Reviews for SAUSAGE PARTY

Rotten Tomatoes: 83% approval rating (90 out of 109 critics like it)

Critics Consensus: Sausage Party is definitely offensive, but backs up its enthusiastic profanity with an impressively high gag-to-laugh ratio -- and a surprisingly thought-provoking storyline.

Sausage-Party-081316-Dragonlord.jpg

Entertainment Weekly - Have you ever been screamed at by a weiner? Welcome to the wildly crass, intermittently brilliant world of Sausage Party — a sort of Secret Life of Groceries exposé that is literally bananas. And also nuts. B

New York Daily News - There are a few points where Rogen and company go way too far, but even in those cases, you may find yourself trying hard not to laugh and failing miserably. "Sausage Party" won't be for everyone, but if nothing else, you'll never look at your groceries the same way again. 4/5

Newark Star-Ledger - Even if you're offended - and perhaps rightfully so - there's another joke coming around the corner to change the subject. And some terrifically wild characters to keep you laughing. 3.5/4

Richard Roeper - Despite all the cursing and envelope-pushing and bat-bleep crazy sexual stuff, Sausage Party isn't mean-spirited. It's just... stupid. But also pretty smart. And funny as hell. 3/4

Rolling Stone - An effed-up funhouse. Rogen, a livewire satirist, dishes out an R-rated cartoon treat that tackles the crisis in the Middle East, the nonexistence of God and the sex lives of supermarket products. 3/4

Update: August 14, 2016

SAUSAGE PARTY Beats PETE'S DRAGON with $33.6 Million

Sausage-Party-081416-Dragonlord.jpg

David Ayer's much-debated Suicide Squad may have stayed No. 1 in its second outing, but the true hero of the late summer box-office barbeque was Sausage Party, which came in ahead of predictions to score the best opening for an R-rated comedy in at least a year with $33.6 million from 3,103 theaters.

Originality paid off big time for Sausage Party in a season otherwise dominated by a slew of sequels and remakes that have disappointed.

Sausage Party, which cost a modest $19 million to make, is a needed boost for Sony and another win for Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures, which developed the project on behalf of producing duo Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg (This Is the End, The Interview). Comparisons are difficult since there haven't been a slew of R-rated animated comedies; in 1999, South Park — Bigger, Longer and Uncut debuted to $11.3 million ($19.3 million when adjusting for ticket-price inflation).

"It shows that if you are really original and take risks, it can pay off really well in today's marketplace. The humor was smart and elevated," said Sony worldwide president of distribution and marketing Josh Greenstein.

Generally speaking, R-rated comedies have been in a slump. Sausage Party, a pic about a brave sausage who is determined to find out what happens to hot dogs once they leave the grocery store shelf, is an exception. Greg Tiernan and Conrad Vernon directed the raunchy movie, which drew strong reviews but only a B CinemaScore from audiences (considering the subject matter, the grade from moviegoers isn't a huge surprise.)

Weekend Box Office: 'Sausage Party' Feasts on $33.6 Million; 'Pete's Dragon' Flounders with $21 Million

Condescending is the best way I can describe Sausage Party and the film seems to bask in it. In my review for Neighbors 2 I said “Unfortunately Seth Rogen can’t go 3 minutes without making his textbook Weed Jokes, Gay Jokes, Bad Sex Jokes, with a sprinkle of male nudity thrown in just for kicks.” This film proves my point. Seth Rogen is the wrong person to try to deliver a message no matter what it is. Usually I feel bad for the actors who have to be in films like this. Kristen Wiig, Salma Hayek, Bill Hader, Paul Rudd, Michael Cera…ok Cera is probably happy just to get work, but everyone seems perfectly fine with being involved in this film. I feel mentally tapped out with the Rogen/Goldberg Empire. I was ready to give this movie my first -5 star review but that would be going too easy on the film. So I decided to update my rating system to fit how I felt. If you haven’t caught on to Rogen yet, if you have the maturity of a toddler, or if you are just tripping balls, you may find this film entertaining. Me however, this is one of the worst movies of the year and would probably be #1 in a world where Sacha Baron Cohen doesn’t exist.

https://societyreviews.wordpress.com/2016/08/10/sausage-party-review/
I saw it stoned and I enjoyed it but my friends hated it despite also being stoned and I can see where they and you are coming from. All the social commentary on religion and race and politics was complete garbage and the orgy scene at the end was cringe worthy.

Its as if the movie thinks its being transgressive by treading ground like criticism of religion and belief in God and by using gay characters but all that's been done before and done much better. Nothing was at all poignant or new about it.

I thought the Douche character consistently worked though, I loved his scenes. With a lot of the other characters it seemed like they took a safe route by checking all the standard virtue signalling boxes. With with the Douche though they really took that archetype to a weird extreme and he was actually fairly intimidating given the tone of the film.

Wouldn't recommend watching this sober nor would I recommend paying to see this in the theater. Maybe pirate it when the blu-ray comes out or catch it on TV.

Saw it. Loved it, even though i don't like any other movies these guys have done (except for 21 jump street).

Easily the funniest animated movie I've seen in a decade.

Thought it was fine, the highlight by leaps and bounds was...

Back