Question regarding Dragon Ball Z and Disney

Wouldn't PG13 be acceptable? Dragon Ball doesn't really seem R-Rated to me, it only starts getting more adult in DBZ.
Master Roshi is pretty perverted especially in DB. If they want to stay true to form an R rating might have to do lol

I don't think that stuff is really necessary for a well done Dragon Ball adaption. Just my opinion though.
I don’t think so either, I’m just pointing out that originally it had plenty of rated r moments

I don’t think so either, I’m just pointing out that originally it had plenty of rated r moments
Not as bad as Krillin being exploded but when Recoome breaks Gohan's neck and he is laying there twitching and coughing up blood was pretty brutal. If they can get the necessary brutality with a PG13 rating then I'd be fine with it.

Not as bad as Krilling being exploded but when Recoome breaks Gohan's neck and he is laying there twitching and coughing up blood was pretty brutal. If they can get the necessary brutality with a PG13 rating then I'd be fine with it.

And then vageta savagely killing a beaten racoom

There are some bits that are generally horrific like Frieza exploding Krillin, and Vegeta Nappa and the Saibamen toying with the Z fighters and their deaths, but R-rated seems a bit much to me.
A hard PG-13 would be ok

Not as bad as Krillin being exploded but when Recoome breaks Gohan's neck and he is laying there twitching and coughing up blood was pretty brutal. If they can get the necessary brutality with a PG13 rating then I'd be fine with it.

And then vageta savagely killing a beaten racoom
I'm not an expert or anything but a pg-13 could still work with those things fit in.

Is this one of those chinese cartoons?
Afghanistan anime.... afghanime
As we all know recently Disney purchased a large portion of 20th Century Fox's assets, but what I haven't seen anybody talk about is the fact that Fox made the disgustingly awful movie Dragon Ball Evolution and distributed the films Battle of Gods and Resurrection F.

Now that Disney made this deal, does this mean Disney owns the rights to a Dragon Ball movie? Is it a good thing if they do own it? What's your opinion?

View attachment 313679

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Disney deal thread or the Dragon Ball thread, so I'm gonna make it separate.
dbz-can-show-you-the-world-photo-u1

Gritty and dark aren't what I think about when I'm thinking about DBZ they pretty much got a get out of jail free card when it comes to dying. How much time has Goku died? I just saw Chi-Chi get turned into an egg by Buu and stepped on because she got pissed Buu killed Gohan. Goten was fixen to go attack Buu before Piccolo stopped him and said we can just bring them all back with the Dragon Balls. Other then some one like Beerus showing up and wiping out the Universe there is no real threat and they can just bribe Beerus with food.
The Future Trunks timeline is gritty and dark mostly because they don't have the Dragon Balls in that timeline and anyone who dies in that timeline stays dead

It's hard to make a good live action adaptation of most anime, especially when the characters are so goofy looking. I think Disney could pull it off though. My favorite live-action adaptation is Rurouni Kenshin.

It's hard to make a good live action adaptation of most anime, especially when the characters are so goofy looking. I think Disney could pull it off though. My favorite live-action adaptation is Rurouni Kenshin.
I actually rewatched Captain America: Civil War for the first time since it was cinema today, and I think that blends the goofy style humour while maintaining a serious pretty well. Dragon Ball Z done by the Russo brothers could be brilliant.

Cristopher Nolan should direct so that Tom Hardy can play Krilin. He already had a shaved head for another roles and i'm sure he would remove his nose just for the role, being such a committed actor as he is.
So you think he should play Krilin but act like he did in Bronson?

The days of good dragon ball died when z ended

The Future Trunks timeline is gritty and dark mostly because they don't have the Dragon Balls in that timeline and anyone who dies in that timeline stays dead
yeah but they changed that timeline after the Cell Saga right?

Why would anyone want this? If you’re a fan of the show stick with the show. You’re not likely to get an adaptation you’ll be pleased with.

No there will be no adaptation Disney understands marketing, dbz main target audience is ugly fucking people that do no belong or even go to the movies.

Back