Question regarding Dragon Ball Z and Disney

They need to leave DB/DBZ/DBS to Toriyama, Toyotaro and TOEI Animation.

They know what the fans want. A new transformation every year with well animated fighting.

American studios arent doing shit like this and they would likely fuck it all up.....

They need to leave DB/DBZ/DBS to Toriyama, Toyotaro and TOEI Animation.

They know what the fans want. A new transformation every year with well animated fighting.

American studios arent doing shit like this and they would likely fuck it all up.....

What about GT? I'm sure that's the adaption everyone has been waiting for.

My guess is they didn't buy the DBZ rights forever and ever like Robotech.

Better question is whata we do with this?
Vegeta+the+princess+of+all+saiyans+_2910d6141a3697d582792338e7edcbd5.jpg

In my opinion the Saiyan Saga could be fit in with no problem as long as you do Dragon Ball first. I don't think you could start it with Raditz and not know the background of Goku then expect the audience to care.

DBZ needs its cinamatic universe.

So ya it does need its characters to connect to the audience

DBZ needs its cinamatic universe.

So ya it does need its characters to connect to the audience
The problem is I'd say Dragon Ball Z is a pretty big risk and would need a prettt big budget for its own cinematic universe.

A Dragon Ball series would be a test to see how things go and let the audience get to know the characters.

The first movie needs to start at dbz when radditz arrives. Have piccolo and goku fight him and then the whole aftermath of goku training with king kai, piccolo training gohan and the showdown wirh vegeta and nappa.
Needs to be rated R

Anything else would be a waste of time

Could also do a bardock saga, starting working for Frieza and up tknthe planet blowing up to help with back story.

The universe for dragon ball is so big now it’s hard to do anything with out messing it up.

Maybe a stand alone future trunks saga with his perils after the android and how he defends his timeline against what ever comes his way.

There has to be other shit happen in that timeline after the Android saga and it would be “new” and not rehashed shit

I've never even watched a promo for this shit so I can't really say if it's any good. I did work with a guy who got fired for having Dragon Ball Z trading cards though. We kept telling him to leave them at home and he just kept bringing them to work. It was some serious funny shit.

I would love for them to try. Hopefully it can be a success and then we can get a movie every year or two. There's plenty of source material for them to work with.

I have never seen DB:Evolution and I refuse to watch it. As a huge DB/Z/GT/Super fan I will not sully any thoughts of it with that abomination.

I would love for them to try. Hopefully it can be a success and then we can get a movie every year or two. There's plenty of source material for them to work with.

I have never seen DB:Evolution and I refuse to watch it. As a huge DB/Z/GT/Super fan I will not sully any thoughts of it with that abomination.
Have you seen any clips from DB:E or do you not know anything about it?

It ruined the chances of their ever being a legit dragonball movie.

If you are a fan don’t waste your time. If you have no idea about the dB story and are 12 years old go for it.

Would love a real gritty dark dbz movie but it’s never happening.
Gritty and dark aren't what I think about when I'm thinking about DBZ they pretty much got a get out of jail free card when it comes to dying. How much time has Goku died? I just saw Chi-Chi get turned into an egg by Buu and stepped on because she got pissed Buu killed Gohan. Goten was fixen to go attack Buu before Piccolo stopped him and said we can just bring them all back with the Dragon Balls. Other then some one like Beerus showing up and wiping out the Universe there is no real threat and they can just bribe Beerus with food.

The first movie needs to start at dbz when radditz arrives. Have piccolo and goku fight him and then the whole aftermath of goku training with king kai, piccolo training gohan and the showdown wirh vegeta and nappa.
Needs to be rated R

Anything else would be a waste of time
Wouldn't PG13 be acceptable? Dragon Ball doesn't really seem R-Rated to me, it only starts getting more adult in DBZ.

Wouldn't PG13 be acceptable? Dragon Ball doesn't really seem R-Rated to me, it only starts getting more adult in DBZ.

The original dB had bulmas tits more than once and roshi always trying to see her naked.

The cartoon was toned way down from
The manga

Gritty and dark aren't what I think about when I'm thinking about DBZ they pretty much got a get out of jail free card when it comes to dying. How much time has Goku died? I just saw Chi-Chi get turned into an egg by Buu and stepped on because she got pissed Buu killed Gohan. Goten was fixen to go attack Buu before Piccolo stopped him and said we can just bring them all back with the Dragon Balls. Other then some one like Beerus showing up and wiping out the Universe there is no real threat and they can just bribe Beerus with food.
There are some bits that are generally horrific like Frieza exploding Krillin, and Vegeta Nappa and the Saibamen toying with the Z fighters and their deaths, but R-rated seems a bit much to me.

The original dB had bulmas tits more than once and roshi always trying to see her naked.

The cartoon was toned way down from
The manga
I don't think that stuff is really necessary for a well done Dragon Ball adaption. Just my opinion though.

I want to see a live-action DBZ movie.
Ideally they should have Rihanna cast as Goku for the race and female empowerment role.
Cristopher Nolan should direct so that Tom Hardy can play Krilin. He already had a shaved head for another roles and i'm sure he would remove his nose just for the role, being such a committed actor as he is.

Have you seen any clips from DB:E or do you not know anything about it?
I've seen enough clips to know I would be pissed off if I sat through it. All my friends who also like DB hated it.

Back