Q & A wit RR....

I've always been one to believe that fighters really don't have the final say in who they fight and when it goes down. I've brought this up in past boxing threads and people would vehemently respond "Bullshit! It's ultimately up to the fighter rabble rabble rabble", as if they've ever managed a fighter or been behind those scenes themselves. That just doesn't seem likely to me.

It's also why I don't knock the fighter themselves (ala Canelo v. GGG) when it seems like one is "ducking" the other, because I know it's likely the team making all the real decisions in the background.

How correct am I in my speculation? @RR

Depends on the fighter. Some like to be heavily involved in negotiations while others prefer not to deal with most of it. Danny and Deontay want to be on as many calls as possible. E (Errol Spence) stays almost completely out of it.

Canelo definitely calls his shots.

What kind of assholish things did tarver do?

Just his general attitude towards people. He's just a dick. Treats workers at the venues like shit is probably the thing that bothers me most. Those people work their ass off for short pay and most are huge fans who get excited to meet a fighter. Just want a picture,auto,handshake,ect...It makes their week. Doesn't take much time to do that and not act like an entitled prick.

@RR, ever try to convince Jacobs to make an account here?

@RR, ever try to convince Jacobs to make an account here?

Actually I have multiple times. Danny and E were good to go on accounts to be honest. E, Danny, Twin, Tony and Mikey (cut guy) all have great personalities to fit in on a message board and it would have been amusing to say the least. Unfortunately there are too many racist assholes who would get them to say something that would ultimately cause issues.

Actually I have multiple times. Danny and E were good to go on accounts to be honest. E, Danny, Twin, Tony and Mikey (cut guy) all have great personalities to fit in on a message board and it would have been amusing to say the least. Unfortunately there are too many racist assholes who would get them to say something that would ultimately cause issues.

That is the main issue that I thought of too. The internet is a strange place, it would be unfortunate if he came here to do some fan-outreach and had idiots trolling him on a daily basis.

That is the main issue that I thought of too. The internet is a strange place, it would be unfortunate if he came here to do some fan-outreach and had idiots trolling him on a daily basis.

I actually showed Danny the website on my phone and he was laughing at a ton of stuff and then I could tell he was getting pissed. Same with E.

Yeah, I am am going to do some giveaways and whatnot with a ton of cool shit but it would be way cooler if guys could actually come on here and shoot the shit with fans. For example, Danny is a huge basketball fan (not bad player either). He could fill a thread just talking about the NBA playoffs. But, you will have a few assholes who will drop n-bombs and it will get him to get angry. Anonymous internet cans words don't matter but what he says will. Sucks but it is what it is

I actually showed Danny the website on my phone and he was laughing at a ton of stuff and then I could tell he was getting pissed. Same with E.

Yeah, I am am going to do some giveaways and whatnot with a ton of cool shit but it would be way cooler if guys could actually come on here and shoot the shit with fans. For example, Danny is a huge basketball fan (not bad player either). He could fill a thread just talking about the NBA playoffs. But, you will have a few assholes who will drop n-bombs and it will get him to get angry. Anonymous internet cans words don't matter but what he says will. Sucks but it is what it is

He would have to stick to the boxing forum. I have done a bit of exploring in the other forums on this site, and I think this is by far the least trolly. The UFC forum is dumbed down, the War Room has the level of discussion of youtube & yahoo comments, and the Mayberry is mosty silly shit. The boxing forum is surprisingly good when compared to those spots.

He would have to stick to the boxing forum. I have done a bit of exploring in the other forums on this site, and I think this is by far the least trolly. The UFC forum is dumbed down, the War Room has the level of discussion of youtube & yahoo comments, and the Mayberry is mosty silly shit. The boxing forum is surprisingly good when compared to those spots.

SB is my favorite spot. A lot of us have known each other for the better part of 5 years so everyone can mess around without any issue. Here is good too. I think it has the same feel just not the same amount of posters. WR is a disaster. Might as well be a Klan rally. UFC forum is what you would expect and agree on Mayberry. Trolling central. Literally everyone who has at least another account just fucks with people daily, lol.

You can't say "just stay here" because it isn't realistic. Maybe it works out at some point. My idea was for a private subforum for questions where certain members have access too but it still doesn't solve the problem. I am certainly open to the idea and will take any suggestions. Definitely expands a fan base

A mod brown nose thread MCPB? Really? *smh*

It could be an interesting topic.
A lot of posters don't know that there are people on this board with that kind of interaction with the sport.

It could be an interesting topic.
A lot of posters don't know that there are people on this board with that kind of interaction with the sport.

This is a good point. Like, for example, a lot of people do not know that @Seano is Bernard Hopkins.

And did any of you know that @robjenkins2 likes to hang out in the locker rooms in MMA gyms around the time training lets out? Probably not. But that's because we need more threads like this.

Canelo beats GGG is a close one (7-5). Ward beats them both at least 8-4

ah-ha!!! You work for Golden Boy. lol. I kid.

What REALLY happen in the Canelo-GGG sparring sessions in Big Bear?

Last edited:
@RR

Any brawls in sparring between top fighters?

Best I have seen was Danny and Omar Henry (RIP). Danny's brother started that and definitely finished it (got sent home from camp the following day).

His brother remains one of my favorite people. Definitely the last person you want to fuck with but if you give him a working TV and video game system he is Golden

ah-ha!!! You work for Golden Boy. lol. I kid.

What REALLY happen in the Canelo-GGG sparring sessions in Big Bear?

Not much from what I understand. The truth is a lot less interesting then the media narrative. Think both guys were getting work but GGG got the better of Canelo seems to be the consensus.I wasn't there though so that is all second hand

Any book you prefer in Vegas? I never gamble but I'm going to put something up this weekend to makes things a bit more interesting. @RR

This has turned out to be a pretty damn good thread so far..

To add to its allure: Clinton Woods.

Hey, any guys have accounts here that you know of??

Oh... and gets us all tickets for the next big fight. Thanks RR!

Any book you prefer in Vegas? I never gamble but I'm going to put something up this weekend to makes things a bit more interesting. @RR

Lagasse at the Palazzo

Back