Q & A wit RR....

Valero was a piece of shit and the world is a better place without him. Who cares how cool he acted around people who were capable of defending themselves?

Valero was a piece of shit and the world is a better place without him. Who cares how cool he acted around people who were capable of defending themselves?

I don't think anyone here is excusing Valero for anything. The story is still interesting.

Told you fuckers that this would be a good thread.... WHUT?!

That's right. Not a cot-damn thing

@RR first of all I commend you for being so honest and open and participating so diligently in answering everyone's questions. You're a definite asset to the forum and a good dude! Awesome thread!
What are your thoughts on the "suspected" corruption in judging fights? Is it real, how does it typically happen, is it the promoter outright paying money under the table for their guy, is it the assumption by a judge that they get favorable accommodations or more fights if they lean toward a certain promoter's fighter with "clout"? Or do they sometimes just get it wrong?
How does this stuff happen (Canelo scorecards for example) and how could it be stopped?

Thanks.

There's no question there is corruption. I think it is a combination of everything you mentioned. There is so much money invested in all of this that I would be naive to think judges have not taken numerous payoffs on fights. As far as having firsthand knowledge of it happening though, I don't. That would obviously be something that wouldn't be shared to anyone (not even the fighter). Certain judges are definitely shills for certain promoters. You know which judges you prefer all the time. Another thing though is judges are human so what style they prefer or if they dislike a certain guy because of his persona, how he carries himself in the ring, ect...plays a role too. Just look on here when some of the most knowledgeable posters score certain fights differently. Pac/Bradley 1 is a perfect example.

There's no way to stop it honestly. All sports are like that though. Just the nature of the beast

wow that is surprising. thanks for the feedback. I would've thought he loved fighting considering his style in there. Maybe that's why he ko'd so many guys, he just wanted to get the fuck out of there asap, lol. He had a tough life that's for sure. Always wondered if that motorcycle accident contributed to any character change and maybe that was part of the reason things ended the way they did.

No prob. The motorcycle accident certainly could have. There's no way to know

I think he retired if I am not mistaken.

I'm absorbing your essence in this thread RR. One day i'll invite you to my house for some tea. I make a mean black tea.

giphy.gif

LOL we all do. Senri has a way with words.

Thanks for the thread RR, twas a good read.

Do you think the Quinlin fight was called a bit early? He was obviously on ice skates but he didn't get a count

Thanks for the thread RR, twas a good read.

Do you think the Quinlin fight was called a bit early? He was obviously on ice skates but he didn't get a count
I personally thought it was fine. Quillin was on his feet, but was off in space. That could have turned out real bad for him if it continued.

Back