Q & A wit RR....

Who's gonna have the better career when all is said and done: Jermell or Jermall?

Also who's the coolest fighter you've ever met and who's the biggest asshole?

Who's gonna have the better career when all is said and done: Jermell or Jermall?

Also who's the coolest fighter you've ever met and who's the biggest asshole?

Jermell.

Winky, Toney or Tito. Asshole is easily Tarver

Nope. He walked right into that punch trying to finish. Had Mora been puncher it would have been over. Just a case of being sloppy. Danny tends to do that sometimes. Bad fault.

When considering who to fight does an opponents power have much to do with the decision or is it more of a power doesn't matter because it's boxing and if anyone gets caught just right it's over anyway?

I have always wondered that. How people decide if it's better to fight a great puncher who isn't a great boxer or the other way around. Would you rather have Jacobs fight a world class puncher who can't box or a world class boxer who can't punch?

When considering who to fight does an opponents power have much to do with the decision or is it more of a power doesn't matter because it's boxing and if anyone gets caught just right it's over anyway?

I have always wondered that. How people decide if it's better to fight a great puncher who isn't a great boxer or the other way around. Would you rather have Jacobs fight a world class puncher who can't box or a world class boxer who can't punch?
Money. That is what shapes all fights.

Don't worry about the other shit. You talk to me if Ward is in front of us I and say "fuck". GGG "light work". He just isn't that good. Canelo would be a way tougher fight. His body work is serious business.

I guess money remains the honest answer

if a fighter offered a fight on the condition that it be in their hometown, is that an immediate no? or do you try to negotiate around that?

@RR

also, how much does a loss affect a fighters marketability/negotiating power? Danny lost to Koborov for instance, how has that affected his negotiations and marketability?

Last edited:
Money. That is what shapes all fights.

Don't worry about the other shit. You talk to me if Ward is in front of us I and say "fuck". GGG "light work". He just isn't that good. Canelo would be a way tougher fight. His body work is serious business.

I guess money remains the honest answer

That makes sense.

Stupid question but I have to ask since you are so involved with the day to day of a big time fighter and you mentioned body punching. How do you make sure your fighter gets in the ring and is prepared for a full fight without any chance of him needing to use the bathroom? I remember years back some fighter on tv was winning pretty easy then he quit and bounced out of the ring. Found out the next day he needed to take a shit so bad he gave up the fight. I ran a few triathlons before and was always a little shocked to see other people pissing themselves during the bike ride or even the run. Is that something that you've seen happen in boxing?

That is taken care of hours before the fight. Same with taking a piss. Not an issue

"you ran out to go to the bathroom, are you shitting me?"

"no... well, yes"

if a fighter offered a fight on the condition that it be in their hometown, is that an immediate no? or do you try to negotiate around that?

@RR

also, how much does a loss affect a fighters marketability/negotiating power? Danny lost to Koborov for instance, how has that affected his negotiations and marketability?

Not at all. Deontay is traveling abroad. You don't pass on that money

I don't think losses matter anymore if is a quality fight

Jermell.

Winky, Toney or Tito. Asshole is easily Tarver

I follow Tarver on instagram, simply because I find it funny how much of a little prick he comes off as. All these selfie videos, with his milk dud ass head, acting so self-righteous, hahahaha.

RR,

A few questions:

1. How do you know when a fighter's career is over? (clues, habits, behaviours?)

2. Which fighter do you think got the farthest with the least natural-born talent in recent years?

3. How much was ring rust an issue for Ward against Barrera? How much was going up a weight class an issue?

4. Advice for fighters trying to find their "style"?

5. Your thoughts on same day weigh-in and if that is a viable option.

I know that was a bunch, but thanks for your insight!

A mod brown nose thread MCPB? Really? *smh*
Why would you brown nose a mod, what will it accomplish, him not banning you?

I don't know that an open interview like this is the right approach but it's nice to hear from someone with actual experience behind the scenes.

Nope. He walked right into that punch trying to finish. Had Mora been puncher it would have been over. Just a case of being sloppy. Danny tends to do that sometimes. Bad fault.
A fighter is most dangerous when he's hurt.

Why would you brown nose a mod, what will it accomplish, him not banning you?

I don't know that an open interview like this is the right approach but it's nice to hear from someone with actual experience behind the scenes.
Stop being a kiss ass.

@RR what's the most cash you've ever made on a fight and what fight was it.

Also being a fellow degen I have a couple fighters who I like solely b/c I've made some nice money betting on them several times in the past, do you have any fighters you like not b/c you're a fan but just b/c they've made you money in the past?

Seano having a poor attitude? He's known as having one of the more glowing, happy personalities here in the forum, he's almost never grumpy. It's especially impressive considering all the messed up things he saw during his combat tours in ww2.

Seano having a poor attitude? He's known as having one of the more glowing, happy personalities here in the forum, he's almost never grumpy. It's especially impressive considering all the messed up things he saw during his combat tours in ww2.
This.

Back