Pull ups

I'm going to take a crazy guess and say, by doing more pull ups.

This ^^ it is all about repetetion and practice. If you are lighter then these will be generally easier. Pull-ups are a hard exercise and a true test of strength. Never underestimate the power of body weight exercises liek pull-ups and push-ups.

Start with negative pull/chin ups. Jump at the final stage of a pull up (chin above the bar) and then slowly go down until your arms aren't fully extended. That way you'll improve your numbers the fastest. I advise you to check this site - it has some very good guides on that topic.

Start with negative pull/chin ups. Jump at the final stage of a pull up (chin above the bar) and then slowly go down until your arms aren't fully extended. That way you'll improve your numbers the fastest. I advise you to check this site - it has some very good guides on that topic.
did it take you 6 years to come up with that answer?

Sorry, necro...

TS died five years ago, trying to do band assisted pullups and got his neck caught in there. We're still sad.

68257653.jpg

I found the article on CNN.

TS did manage to do those pull-ups. Many, many pull-ups. Ultimately, he got so strong that he pulled the whole building down on himself.

Thus he dieded.
As a Man. Such Strength. So Techniques. Much Wow.

:(

Whats the fastest way to increase your pull ups?
One option is the "greasing the groove" method. Basically you do a ton of sets but never do more than 50% of your Max reps or burning out, which will allow you to keep doing more sets.

Once you get to the point where you can do about 6-7, try the "recon Ron" program.

One option is the "greasing the groove" method. Basically you do a ton of sets but never do more than 50% of your Max reps or burning out, which will allow you to keep doing more sets.

Once you get to the point where you can do about 6-7, try the "recon Ron" program.
Another great technique is the "reading the thread" method.

-- TS can't do a single pullup.

-- TS has been absent for several years

-- Both above points have been noted in the thread

-- "Greasing the groove" has already been suggested

A little reading goes a long way. It's only what, thirty posts? Should take you less than an hour.

Another great technique is the "reading the thread" method.

-- TS can't do a single pullup.

-- TS has been absent for several years

-- Both above points have been noted in the thread

-- "Greasing the groove" has already been suggested

A little reading goes a long way. It's only what, thirty posts? Should take you less than an hour.
I'm extremely sorry to have disturbed your day

Has anyone mentioned greasing the groove?

No. What the hell is that? Could anyone care to explain what that means?
It's the perfect troll answer. Like so:

TS: "I saw Crossfit on ESPN and they were doing pistol squats. I've never been able to do even one pistol squat. How do I train to do them?"

Trollface: "Have you tried greasing the groove?"
edit... Careful Googling variations on the theme of 'greasing the groove'. The results can get NSFW.

I dunno, I got it from the Simpsons. Willie looks pretty jacked.

It's the perfect troll answer. Like so:

TS: "I saw Crossfit on ESPN and they were doing pistol squats. I've never been able to do even one pistol squat. How do I train to do them?"

Trollface: "Have you tried greasing the groove?"
edit... Careful Googling variations on the theme of 'greasing the groove'. The results can get NSFW.

Yeah, I wrote that with tongue in cheek to acknowledge its hackneyed use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back