Protesters march to Durham, topple confederate monument

Do you support those on the left that destroy State Confederate monuments?

• Total voters
Those posts also explain the evolution of nullification and debunk as well as show that secession was a revolutionary right (won through war) and not a constitutional right.

It also shows that the South were Nationalist when it suited them and state's rights when it didn't.

The US was not a loose collection of states that were free to secede. It was a United nation whose means of remedies between state's and the nation was the courts.

Their only right to secession was might which they lacked.
The truth is, this debate still goes on by people much smarter and educated on the subject. We can both make our argument, but I still don't believe it is completely answered.

On one hand, you believe in the "perpetual union" theory. However that was just a theory as it wasn't part of the Constitution.

I believe in the "compact theory" and I take the 10th Anendnent literally. However, it isn't covered either.

In the end, Texas vs. White closed the door on it and the victors made the rules.

But the fact that Jefferson Davis was imprisoned for 2 years while the Union lawyers worked to find a way to prosecute him, yet could find no legal grounds to do so, also proves my point.

So, of course, in the end, the victors got to make the rules and write the history, but at the time of war, me, along with many others, believe the South had every right to secede.

And that is the problem with the Democratic Party now. They have no real identity. You seem like a stable guy who leans left, but do you support open bathrooms, mixed locker rooms/showers in schools, bending over backward to accommodate BLM/Transgender rights/gun bans, etc?

I can get people who think liberally, but still maintain common sense.

But the Democrats have a dilemma on just how far out there they are willing to go. I think it's going to push more Democrats to Independents.

And it's making Conservatives even more Conservative and galvanized.

Honestly I don't think the bathroom issue was even an issue. I don't think there is some epidemic of men dressing up like women to get into the women's bathroom. I don't have any idea why it ever became a thing to begin with. It was something that was pushed for no reason. If you have man parts use the men's room, if you have lady parts use the girls room. I think trans people should have whatever rights everyone else has nothing more nothing less, I really can't think of any rights they don't have that they should have. If I'm wrong I'm open to opinions. As for BLM, the basic idea of fighting for equality I can't really disagree with but the way they conduct themselves I do disagree with. I live in the SF bay area and they have shut down freeways, beat up white people just because they are white. If you want to be taken seriously don't act this way. Same with antifa, while they might be against some things I am also against, the way they go about things is completely wrong and puts them on the same level as the far right hate groups. They should be condemned by the left when they are out being violent and destroying property. I hate it that I don't see dems speaking out against them. They need to. As for guns, I am 100% pro gun rights and I don't even own any but definitely plan to in the near future.

And that is the problem with the Democratic Party now. They have no real identity. You seem like a stable guy who leans left, but do you support open bathrooms, mixed locker rooms/showers in schools, bending over backward to accommodate BLM/Transgender rights/gun bans, etc?

But the Democrats have a dilemma on just how far out there they are willing to go. I think it's going to push more Democrats to Independents.

Conservatives galvanized? Maybe conservatives but certainly not the GOP. They are in more chaos right now then the Democrats.

Galvanized? Is that what you call it when a person can be judged to be un-American for having the wrong kind of name?

Galvanized? Is that what you call it when a person can be judged to be un-American for having the wrong kind of name?
His name is just an indicator. It's not an American name. Barack Hussein Obama. And we know he was raised Muslim in Indonesia for a time by his stepfather, and I was not shocked that he was a very unAmerican president and stood up for Islam more than he did for America.

Now Trump has to undo all the unAmerican things that Obama put into place.

Curious, did you even listen to the song? Like, REALLY listen? Because while FTP is vulgar, it's a far cry from "driving around with pounds of coke and being profiled by the police". That's a pretty asinine view of a rap song that isn't even really that deep. If FTP offends you that badly, then something like Terrorist Threats by Ab-Soul probably makes you blow a gasket. You would be missing the point, but that's not abnormal.

I was discussing a few songs there, one by jay z, as well as ftp. And let us not forget the musica masterpiece, copkiller.

I find these songs amusing and ironic, that they talk about what straight up dangerous, drug dealing gangstas they are, and they are somehow surprised that they get extra special attention by the police. I am not suggesting that police violence or abuse is ok, because it's not. But neither is glorifying the life style that kills more black men, women, and children than police ever could.

Every year, there are about 13k murders in the US. Some years, it is more, others less. Chicago on its own, puts up 500-give or take 100 every year, last year it was 762. The majority of these murders are black victims with black suspects pulling the trigger. I am not great at math, but I think if I were a black man, I would be more wary of other black men in a slow moving car, than I would of the police. But maybe it is like everyone's irrational fear of sharks, that only kill six to ten people per year, worldwide, with anywhere from 50-80 attacks. Bees kill many more people, but I am much less scared of bees than I am sharks. So maybe in this discussion, black men are the bees and cops are the sharks?

You are the same person who 60 years ago would have been like "black people can't go to school with us it against the law!" What makes you a bootlicker is if the law tells you to do something even though you know it is not right you do it because you have no brain to think for yourself, youre a bootlicker, a pussy. Had the founding fathers had your mentality this country would have never been.
I can see you being shot trying to rob someone......

Absolutely. You should always be ready to accept the consequences of your actions.

But if you want to pretend like violent or criminal revolution hasn't been that catalyst for most great social and political change then I'd say you're not paying attention to history. Obviously I'm not condoning violence. I think you should truly exhaust all political and social means to enact change before you'd ever resort to violence. I don't think we really have any issues that severe in America right now. If some Nazi or KKK bitch got in my face, I'd probably take that misdemeanor assault charge. And I'm all for ripping down some of those disgusting statues. I don't think it needs to come down to riots or fighting police to do it.

Civil disobedience though man. That's part of your commitment as a citizen of your country. You should also vote. Half these idiots out in the streets don't even bother to vote in their local/state elections. Our voter turnout is insanely low.
Anyone vandalizing public property is no more than a common criminal.

Remember this, those crazies are not the majority that voted for Hillary. And more and more people just on this website are starting to support some of what trump is trying to do.

I've got liberal friends here that agree with me on this.

Trust me, if the left keeps this up, trump will keep gaining a following. It may be silent right now, but it will grow. I beleive it is right now after the way he handled that press conference yesterday.

There are many guys on this website that would argue with me just 3 years ago. They hated my guts. Now we are friends standing up against the insane left and supporting some of Trump's efforts.
Trust me, it's gonna be great.

I would expect more monuments to come under attack, but there may be clashes as people attempt to protect the monuments.

I am not a southerner, so I just don't get all of the rebel flag/civil war monuments in the south. But how does this protest go from pulling down a monument to "fuck the police?"

This makes me mad because I was kind of cheering the pulling down of the monument, then the assholes start taunting police.

That irritated me as well. Especially since the police were showing incredible restrain in allowing the protests to proceed to avoid injury to them or protesters and dealing with arrests after the fact.

Anyone vandalizing public property is no more than a common criminal.

Those trash statues shouldn't be on public property to begin with. It's like Germany having fucking Hitler or Goebbels statues on their Capitol because that's part of their heritage. It's bullshit.

Robert E Lee was a general for an armed insurrection against the United States. I don't care how much southerners want to suck his dick. Celebration of that movement doesn't belong on state or federal property. If you want to celebrate it, put it in your yard or business.

You're more of a petty criminal and a danger to society by speeding everyday on roads than those citizens are by tearing that trash down. At least they aren't endangering society. And please, do tell me how you "always go to speed limit", or how doing so doesn't make you a petty criminal.

His name is just an indicator. It's not an American name. Barack Hussein Obama. And we know he was raised Muslim in Indonesia for a time by his stepfather, and I was not shocked that he was a very unAmerican president and stood up for Islam more than he did for America.

Now Trump has to undo all the unAmerican things that Obama put into place.
So, his name is unamerican, his upbringing is unamerican. Do you know how unamerican and hypocritical that sounds, to be calling out an individual for his beliefs when you decried such a thing regarding Christianity (even though it's only one particular sect of Christianity people have a problem with)? Do you have any idea how stupid you sound blaming anyone for their name and calling it unamerican? Disgusting hypocrite. You know, Jesus hated hypocrites.

Edit: oh and I'm still waiting on that definition of what kind of name, religion, and upbringing is suitably American for you Southern gentlemen.

So, his name is unamerican, his upbringing is unamerican. Do you know how unamerican and hypocritical that sounds, to be calling out an individual for his beliefs when you decried such a thing regarding Christianity (even though it's only one particular sect of Christianity people have a problem with)? Do you have any idea how stupid you sound blaming anyone for their name and calling it unamerican? Disgusting hypocrite. You know, Jesus hated hypocrites.

Edit: oh and I'm still waiting on that definition of what kind of name, religion, and upbringing is suitably American for you Southern gentlemen.

@ripskater is the biggest hypocrite piece of trash on the board. He masquerades as a good old boy Christian, but he's really just an ignorant and bigoted piece of trash.

The crazy shit about this, is that a gay and very liberal friend of my posted the pic on our What's app chat.
His quote was "ISIS is already here in America." I was pretty shocked by his post.
That's because the propaganda job being done by Breitbart and other alt-right squak boxes is designed to conflate terrorists with the left wing at every opportunity. Many buy into it hook, line, and sinker. It's pathetic.

Apparently one of the girls in the video, Taquiya or something like that, was arrested in the middle of a rally, and was shocked at being arrested! She couldn't believe she was being arrested for breaking the law!

Was trending on Facebook last night.

Those trash statues shouldn't be on public property to begin with. It's like Germany having fucking Hitler or Goebbels statues on their Capitol because that's part of their heritage. It's bullshit.

Robert E Lee was a general for an armed insurrection against the United States. I don't care how much southerners want to suck his dick. Celebration of that movement doesn't belong on state or federal property. If you want to celebrate it, put it in your yard or business.

You're more of a petty criminal and a danger to society by speeding everyday on roads than those citizens are by tearing that trash down. At least they aren't endangering society. And please, do tell me how you "always go to speed limit", or how doing so doesn't make you a petty criminal.
Just because you don't like the statues, doesn't make what they did any less criminal. They destroyed public property.

Just because you don't like the statues, doesn't make what they did any less criminal. They destroyed public property.

That's totally a great point that hasn't already been made. Breaking the law is breaking the law. Thank you sir for your fine words of wisdom.

This is common sense.

Barack Hussein Obama is a Kenyan name. Named after his supposed father in Kenya. It is not an American name. Everyone knows this.

This is common sense.

Barack Hussein Obama is a Kenyan name. Named after his supposed father in Kenya. It is not an American name. Everyone knows this.

I'm new here and you sound like a fool

Back