Protesters march to Durham, topple confederate monument

Do you support those on the left that destroy State Confederate monuments?

• Total voters

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://abc11.com/politics/durham-protesters-topple-confederate-statue-outside-courthouse/2308015/

DURHAM, North Carolina (WTVD) --
Protesters in Durham rushed and toppled a Confederate statue outside the courthouse on Monday evening.
As the crowd became more animated, several protesters approached the monument, climbing it and attaching a yellow nylon rope around it. The protesters then pulled until the soldier came crashing to the ground.
"I'm not surprised seeing what's gone on in this country," Bell said Monday night.

Because the statue was on county property, Bell would not comment on any possible charges against the protesters for the vandalism.

Protesters then moved on to walk down to Roxboro Street at Main Street, where the blocked the intersection

They marched on yelling "Fuck Trump" and "Fuck the police."

These monuments honor the soldiers who fought for the state of North Carolina and the Confederacy which it was a part of. This is North Carolina history and heritage. They should never come down.

@ripskater i think I posted this about a hair before yours, but you got vid. Mods! Merge!

Stunning and brave

The statues are holding them back

I think to remove the statues, you should petition for it and have it removed. To vandalize it isn't appropriate.

Yet this statue stands in Seattle
lenin.jpg

I condemn all destruction of history whether good or bad. Destroying historical landmarks is an ISIS tactic.

I do support relocation though as some of these communities change over time. I think these statues should go to communities that want them or museums.

I think it's somewhat capricious in the grand scheme of things and that energy would be much better spent on more substantive issues.

But I'm certainly not shedding any tears for the monuments or their supporters. The majority were erected decades after the era of their figures and they largely represent delusions of sovereignty and allusion to racist and selfish nostalgia.

Is this their new focus now that Russiagate fell apart?

Is the logic that monument promotes racism? Then we should burn all Qurans because they promote violence.

I hope they all busted their ankles. Even if I agreed with taking down a random statue that's been up since 1924 that video made me want to punch them all in the face. I also laughed at how feverishly they kicked the statue as if it was Trump himself on the floor

I think the far left is extremely angry over the election. As evidenced by them actually spitting on and kicking the statue.

Many of those people are mentally ill.

Putting themselves up right along-side the likes of ISIS, as far as their willingness to destroy historical property that doesn't co-align with their ideals.

Oh yeah, and the Nazis.

These monuments honor the soldiers who fought for the state of North Carolina and the Confederacy which it was a part of. This is North Carolina history and heritage. They should never come down.

wellllllll

i dont support what theyre doing. and if we go around demanding everything that "offends" us be removed, there wont be shit left around from any time before 1980.

BUT

surely you can acknowledge there is more than one way to view the confederacy?

I condemn all destruction of history whether good or bad. Destroying historical landmarks is an ISIS tactic.

I do support relocation though as some of these communities change over time. I think these statues should go to communities that want them or museums.

yea this is a reasonable stance, and a good compromise. so naturally, neither side will agree to it too often lol.

Back