Pro-wrestling shoots? Works turned shoot, shoots in a worked federation, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't actually knock him out per se. Well, actually Curry turned it into somewhat of a wrestling match taking Dempsey down numerous times int he first round and then getting separated by the referee. He also had Dempsey in a headlock that turned Dempsey blue. Then in second round Dempsey landed a vicious right to Curry's mid-section that crumpled Curry to the ground and the ref hastily counted Curry out even though Curry was on his feet as soon as the ref counted to 9 but the ref said he was counted out. Curry was pissed off and cursed at Dempsey and the ref but that was that.

Yeah....Dempsey's record shows....EXH KO 2.....I was never really sure if it was Boxer vs. Wrestler....Or just a boxing exhibition.

Dempsey never mentions the bout in his autobiographies. Nor do any of his biographers that I'm aware of.

Do you know if this bout exists on film ?

Curry apparently use to claim he knocked Dempsey out. Obviously not true, but he gave Dempsey a tough time while it lasted. Wish there was footage of the match. Well if there is, i haven't found it.

I went to college with Matt. Great guy. Developed a tumor in his brain, which stopped him from becoming a huge pro-wrestling star. One of the coolest people I've ever met.

Then you also went to college with Colt Cabana.

What about Invader VS Brusier Brody? Kensuske Sasaki VS Gompei? God those were in bad taste. I apologize.

I remember one with someone trying to stiff Vader in Japan, and Vader beat the ever living shit out of the kid.

Yeah....Dempsey's record shows....EXH KO 2.....I was never really sure if it was Boxer vs. Wrestler....Or just a boxing exhibition.

Dempsey never mentions the bout in his autobiographies. Nor do any of his biographers that I'm aware of.

Do you know if this bout exists on film ?

It happened in 1940 at the Detroit Fairgrounds. I know there's an SI article about it somewhere. I'll find it for you but yea, I doubt there's any film of it.

What about Invader VS Brusier Brody? Kensuske Sasaki VS Gompei? God those were in bad taste. I apologize.

I remember one with someone trying to stiff Vader in Japan, and Vader beat the ever living shit out of the kid.

Those "shoots" became murder so they weren't included but yea, that's some fucked up shit. Kensuke Sasake killed the trainee Hiromitsu Gompei. His official reason for his death was brain trauma. It was due to Sasake stiffing, powerbombing, and suplexing him. Sasake literally beat him to death and this is, infact, true The pro wrestling world was very shady back in the day, still is to an extent. I mean Brody was screwing promoters over left and right so I'm not shocked that someone attacked him but killing him is just insane.

Not to mention Jimmy Snuka killing his girlfriend in Allentown, PA. Even more fucked up that it happened in the states and nothing came out of it.

It happened in 1940 at the Detroit Fairgrounds. I know there's an SI article about it somewhere. I'll find it for you but yea, I doubt there's any film of it.

Those "shoots" became murder so they weren't included but yea, that's some fucked up shit. Kensuke Sasake killed the trainee Hiromitsu Gompei. His official reason for his death was brain trauma. It was due to Sasake stiffing, powerbombing, and suplexing him. Sasake literally beat him to death and this is, infact, true The pro wrestling world was very shady back in the day, still is to an extent. I mean Brody was screwing promoters over left and right so I'm not shocked that someone attacked him but killing him is just insane.

Not to mention Jimmy Snuka killing his girlfriend in Allentown, PA. Even more fucked up that it happened in the states and nothing came out of it.

Well if you believe the internet (and NOTHING on the net is false right?) Snuka reportedly acted like a savage while Vince smoothed shit out with the police.

whats the story behind the Sasaki vs Gompei? i searched for it but couldn't find any info

Well if you believe the internet (and NOTHING on the net is false right?) Snuka reportedly acted like a savage while Vince smoothed shit out with the police.

Thing is, I'm not going off stupid wrestling written bullshit but from what was released from the police and the coroner's office. That bit about Snuka acting like a savage while Vince smoothing things out with the cops is wrestling bullshit. Snuka really killed his girlfriend and got away with it. It's as real as Brody's death and Gompei's death.

whats the story behind the Sasaki vs Gompei? i searched for it but couldn't find any info

Here it is. Kensuke Sasake killed the trainee Hiromitsu Gompei. His official reason for his death was brain trauma. It was due to Sasake stiffing, powerbombing, and suplexing him. Sasake literally beat him to death and this is, infact, true. You want to hear more about it, Scott Norton mentions it in his RF shoot interview years ago.

The JBL-Steve Blackman fight never really got going.

JBL was looking for a fight all day (and I believe he'd issued a challenge to Goldberg in the same airport just before the Blackman incident, 'Berg was working for WCW at the time), and Steve took him up on the offer.

As the two squared off, Blackman threw a kick that got caught on a bag, and the 'fight' was broken up before it got started.

Jim Ross even made a joke about it on Raw saying 'this fight could happen in any airport.'

Hogan didn't shoot on Choshu, he'd have been killed if he did.

Regal stiffed the hell out of Lance Storm.

Regal headbutted Van Hammer repeatedly at DDP's Christmas party.
Dynamite Kid and Rick Rude once backed down most of the NWA/WCW locker room in a bar, and it may have been the same night DK was working as a bodyguard of sorts for Savage.

Bad News Allen offered Andre the Giant a fight on a bus. Andre declined.

Rude beat Warrior, though there are two stories:

1) Rude gets back to the locker room, and when Warrior got back, Rude said something about if they were going to be working together for the next 6 months, Warrior would have to lighten up.

Warrior began to cut a promo (in the locker room, no cameras, just the boys), and Rude floored him witha slap.

2) This is the story from Bret's book: Rude took Warrior down in the ring with a headlock and told him he'd shove his head up his ass if he didn't lighten up.

Before becomign a wrestler Rude worked as a bouncer at a really bad nightclub and sparked a massive weightlifter witha slap. Rude's other arm was in a sling at the time with a dislocated elbow.

Dynamite threated Honky Tonk Man after HTM was making gfun of Harley Race (Race was nowehere around at the time).

Taker threatened Shawn before WM 14.

I'll post more if I remember them.

Yeah, I didn't know Colt Cabana though, or at least, I don't recall him off the top of my head. Looking at him, I keep thinking I might have met him a few times, but I'm not sure.

Orlando Colon went to WMU, I never met him that I can recall, but the Puerto Ricans were always talking about him.

Shawn got the shit kicked out of him a couple of times backstage by Bret. He's lucky Dynamite wasn't there.

Who can forget when Bret floored Vinnie Mac...while Bret was in a towel.

Regal stiffed the hell out of Lance Storm.

Bad News Allen offered Andre the Giant a fight on a bus. Andre declined.

Dynamite threated Honky Tonk Man after HTM was making gfun of Harley Race (Race was nowehere around at the time).

Taker threatened Shawn before WM 14.

I'll post more if I remember them.

The Regal one isn't true. Lance Storm is good friends with Regal and he clarified it with one of his Q&As saying Regal never stiffed him and they were glad they were able to work the crowd with their match.

As for Dynamite, he actually slapped HTM and made him cry like a little bitch because HTM supposedly said "I guess King Harley doesn't have any more guts now, does he?". This was because Harley Race was going under the knife to get part of his intestines removed.

More stories and maybe I'll add some later. Gotta mow the lawn, damnit.

- Nasty Boys v. Ken Shamrock. Took advantage of Ken Shamrock and laid him out real bad back in the late 80s. The Nasty Boys were grabbing at a lady friend of Shamrock's and Shamrock got real pissed and the Nasty Boys left to their hotel room. Shamrock later went to their hotel room looking for them while one of them opened the door, the other snuck up behind Ken and hit him with the hotel telephone. Later on in the 90s when Ken came back to pro wrestling, the Nasty Boys saw him and were really scared as they had been talking shit to other pro wrestlers about how Ken Shamrock was just a punk as Ken was competing in the UFC. So now Ken comes up to Knobbs and Saggs and both guys tell Ken "If you hit me, it's a federal offense" (happened at the airport) and Ken basically laughed at those two pussies and just went on.

- Most heard about DDP v. Scott Steiner. Steiner is a legit badass and is up there with the likes of Harley Race but just in this more modern era. Kimberly was supposedly starting up rumors and Steiner scared her so DDP got in Steiner's face at a later show and Steiner kicked his ass. According to Lance Storm, who was there to help break up the fight, if they had let it go on, DDP would've ended up in the hospital for a long time. Bret Hart also tells a story of Steiner pulling a rib on Curt Hennig and tying Hennig up (wrestling) for almost an hour while threatening to shove his thumb up Hennig's ass and Hennig couldn't do anything about it.

- There's the Sid v. Brian Pillman "squeegee" incident as well as Sid v. Arn Anderson where Sid really hurt Arn Anderson with a pair of scissors stabbing AA.

- Bagwell v. Helms where Bagwell and Shane Helms got into it backstage in the WWE during the whole invasion angle which eventually led to Bagwell being let go.

- Paul Orndorff is another supposed tough guy. There's a story which Tony Atlas said was true where Atlas and Orndorff got into a scuffle and Orndoff decked Atlas with a straight right that knocked him down and then Orndorff bear hugged Atlas and big part of his ear off which supposedly sewn back on as they went to the hospital immediately.

- Now the most infamous Dynamite Kid story would have to be Jacques Rougeau vs. Dynamite Kid. Hennig ribbed Dynamite and said it was Jacques Rougeau and without asking, Dynamite kicked Jacques ass and threatened to kick his brother, Raymond's ass even though Raymond was injured and in no shape to fight. A couple weeks later, the Rougeau brothers waited for Dynamite and then Jacques punched Dynamite in the mouth with a roll of quarters which knocked Dynamite silly but not out. All three men were reprimanded by Vince and Dynamite left the WWE not long after.

- In an interview with Alex Marvez, Haku was asked about one of his legendary fights. Haku stated his favorite was one that "cost him a lot of money." He was at the Baltimore Airport Hilton bar with Sivi Afi when five men started laughing at them and said, "You guys are the fake wrestlers on TV." In response Haku replied, "I

The Storm-Regal match did happen. It was during the period when Regal's nose beld for almost no reason. Regal then stiffed him badly. It is on Youtube, I think.

Here are some I remember:

Taz vs Greenday singer: The singer (is it Billy Joe something?) was harrasing a young girl at reception of a hotel, and Taz was sat with Dreamer waiting for a taxi to turn up.

Taz got pissed at the way Billy Joe was yelling at the girl, and so he said soemthing along the lines of 'keep talking to her like that and we'll see how well you can talk to me like that.'

Hawk vs Randy Savage: there are 2 incidents that I'm sure people know more about than me. But one of the fights involves a right hook at a Kid Rock concert, I think.

Dr Death Steve Wiliams vs Bikers (supposedly Hell's Angels) In his book I think Death recounts a tale where he fought and beat 9 Hell's Angels. Not sure.

Sid vs Arn Anderson

Sid vs Brian Pillman (squeegee at the ready!)

New Jack vs Dances with Dudley

New Jack vs (in a wheelchair) Brian Pillman

Buff Bagwell vs Scott Steiner at Slamboree 99: Scotty was very stiff.

Bruiser Brody vs Lex Luger

Cat Miller vs Buff Bagwell

Rick Rude vs Kevin Nash: At a hotel in either late 97 or early 98, all WCW were at a hotel bar. Nash made a sly comment about something, Rude asked him to repeat it. Nash said nothing else.

Rude leant over the table and told Nash, 'I'm going to my room and pushing all the furniture over to one side. If you want to settle this like men, meet me there in 5 minutes.'

Nash checked into another hotel that night.

Ric Flair vs His Daughter's BoyFriend.

ECW vs Mike AWSOME

ECW vs XPW

Scott Steiner vs DDP

Brian Chrostopher vs John Dotson

Alex Shane vs Jake Roberts

Scott Hall vs Goldberg

Ken Patera vs Police force

Jim Duggan vs Jim Powers (the Owen Hart story)

Bret vs Shawn

Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage (in early days of TNA)

CB Cochran and George Hackenschmidt vs Prince of Wales Theatre, Clayton, Liverpool and boxers.

Hawk and 2 Cold Scorpio got into it during the Collision in Korea tour in 1995.

During the tour that was headlined by the first and only 1 on 1 meeting between Ric Flair and Antonio Inoki, the majority of the boys were riding in tour buses, while Ric Flair being Ric Flair rented what I believe was a Rolls Royce to cruise in.

Anyway at one point apparently, Ric and Hawk who were pretty good friends are talking and Ric invites Hawk to ride with him. Hawk declines and asks Ric to join the boys on the bus, to which Ric declines audibly. Hawk keeps prodding for Ric to come along and then Scorpio says something along the lines of, "Fuck him, come on Hawk."

Hawk took offense to it on behalf of Flair who really didn't hear it or think much of it, and challenged Scorpio to a fight, where Scorpio basically used martial arts kicks to beat Hawk up pretty good after nearly getting his head taken off by a right hand from Hawk.

Later on Hawk asked Scorpio to smoke some pot and all was forgiven.

There was the more recent issue between Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero. Eddie's body was shutting down on him from time to time and during a lumberjack match they had that was aired on SD during one point in the match Eddie just stops working and Kurt isn't aware of whats going on and tries to start working again. Eddie thought Kurt was trying to take advantage of him and they apparently got into it backstage but nothing really happened before it was broken up.

After the JBL-Meanie incident at ONS, when they decided to make an example of JBL, they had him work an angle where the breifly reunited BWO attacked him and beat him silly. Stevie Richards was supposed to hit JBL with a worked chair shot, but potatoed him as hard as he could in retaliation for what happened to the Meanie and gave JBL a concussion.

Dawn Marie was aggravated when she was told to work Michelle McCool in a match, McCool's first, and found out McCool couldn't bump, was less than a year into the business and only came in through the diva search. McCool is notorious for her ambivalent attitude in such situations, and later when working a series of house show matches with Melina, Melina beat McCool silly quite a bit.

Luna was upset at having to constantly take care of another notorious attitude queen in Sable, and despite Sable constantly hurting her in matches Luna was told there would be serious repricussions if so much as, "a hair of hers is out of place." Later when Sable started working with Jacqueline she didn't get any mercy and Jackie tended to beat her silly, as she did to Toni Adams back in the USWA.

The Storm-Regal match did happen. It was during the period when Regal's nose beld for almost no reason. Regal then stiffed him badly. It is on Youtube, I think.

Hate to break it to you but you were "worked" over big time. I knew my memory wasn't wrong. Here's what Lance Storm said about the situation

Q:There's a video somewhere on YouTube showing part of a match you had with William Regal where he ended up with a bloody nose. The rest of the video shows him doing what looks like very stiff shots to you, which someone's been trying to say was him giving you a receipt. Personally I don't think he'd be that unprofessional and he just appeared to be working stiff because he can just make it look good.

A: I love this match. Everyone assumes I broke Regal

Honestly, I'm surprised Hogan wasn't involved in more stuff. You would assume, as the "top dog", he would be involved in a few of these. There's the Choshu one that's apaprently disputed, and then the Macho Man one which is kind of vague.

I believe Vader kicked Orndorff's ass backstage once.

Jim Cornette (while not a physical fight) went on the BEST fucking tirade EVER against Vince Russo. Look for it on youtube, it's fucking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back