Pro-wrestling shoots? Works turned shoot, shoots in a worked federation, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't JBL beat the hell out of the Blue Meanie, unprovoked, during the Invasion.

More shoot incidents

- In 1925, Stanislaus Zbyszko defeated champion Wayne Munn even though Munn was supposed to retain the title. Zbyszko went out there and outwrestled Munn and Munn gave up and quit and allowed himself to be pinned.

- JBL v. Blue Meanie. ECW ONS where JBL decided to kick the Meanie's ass just because JBL is a piece of shit.

- Maeda v. Choshu. Akira Maeda blatantly kicked Choshu in the face breaking his orbital bone when he was applying the sharpshooter/sdl.

- Lesnar v. Holly. I think everyone knows what happened here.

- Here's the video to the Great Antonio v Inoki shoot. Kforcer's account of this incident is absolutely wrong in saying that Antonio Inoki was being a bully. I'm assuming Kforcer has never seen the actual fight/shoot incident. Great Antonio no sold to Inoki, no sold everything included a drop kick, continued to mock Inoki and you can see Inoki become pretty frustrated with the Great Antonio. After 3+ mins of bullshit from the Great Antonio as well as the Great Antonio giving Inoki 4 very stiff shots behind the head/back of the neck area which is a no-no and Inoki kicked his ass. There was no bullying here. Inoki was every bit in the right here and the Great Antonio deserved it. Luckily it wasn't against Haku/Meng.

Then there's a long list of backstage incidents between wrestlers that I could go on forever about. Here are just a few

- Jericho v. Goldberg happened backstage. Jericho with a front face-lock/guillotine on Goldberg.

- Hogan v. Gagne, same as above with Hogan using the front face-lock.

- Batista v. Booker T. Batista thought he was high and mighty during a commercial/video shoot and Booker didn't take to it too kindly and Batista told Booker to "F off" and it led to a fight where Booker got the better of Batista.

- The Sid v. Arn Anderson incident. Still laughing about it to this very day haha.

Not to mention the Harley Race and Haku stories which would fill up an entire page here on Sherdog. I know I've told most of the Haku stories many a times here. If you guys want to hear all the stories I can remember, I'll find time to post them all here.

Hogan-Gagne? Really?

No, Saku4me, you assume completely 100% wrong. I've seen the video a million times. A fat guy not necessarily selling for you necessitates a trained and highly skilled submission grappler and martial artist beating said fat guy down and THEN stomping his head? Inoki went way, way overboard and it was disgusting. He took complete control of the Great Antonio with ease. The rest was just Inoki satisfying his sadism.

And if it is true what they say about the Great Antonio, then he did it to a guy who was essentially mentally challenged as well.

I have to be honest, if anything annoys me (online), it's the old, "I disagree with you so you must not have seen it!" line.

I just got done rewatching Andre Maeda and I must say i kinda suspect it was a worked shoot.

If it is genuine then im all on Andre's side of the matter needless to say.

Ill list my points in order of relevance.

1.)When Andre is supposedly going for maeda's eyes he is really gouging the forehead and nose of maeda and making look like hes gougin him in the eyes. Also Maeda doesnt react like a man who is really having his eyes attacked he keeps the hold on for a while.

2.)The match while arguably boring to fans creates a great illusion of reality(unless it is 100% real in which case my point falls flat). Both men make their point. Maeda proves he can get in the ring with a giant and through quick movement avoid his offense. He also builds his rep as an asshole and as a legit fighter. Andre proves he can fight one of the new style UWF "real wrestlers" and only by running can maeda beat him.

3.)A lot of the holds lack force and look completely worked. I guess you could say they were still working and it hadnt become a shoot at this point but even so, later when andre is supposedly eye gouging, maeda doesnt increase pressure on the hold or release the hold to get away he just sits there as if trying to let fans see the "eye gouge"

Now i am not saying i am 100% on this being a worked shoot. I wish i could tell what the commentators and Inoki were saying the whole time that would help me decide. I think im about 60/40 on this being a worked shoot. If it is, it was a brilliant move and brilliant booking. It makes the UWF new more realistic style look good while also making old timers and the classic style look good.

On a seperate note i've gotta take the Great Antonio's side on the shoot between him and Inoki.

A:Inkoki just looks like a puffed up bully. His face adds to it as well. He has a Big Jay Leno chin and jerky expression.

B: I just like the freak wrestlers. Its like i sympathise with them for being seperated from society and outcast. Inoki looks like he was always at the top of the anthill picking on other guys while Antonio was more likely to be the freak of nature being teased. It just makes me wish some gangster would piss on a knife and do what we all know needs to be done.

Don't see Inoki as the bully in that situation.....unless there is a backstage story line we don't know about it. First time I've seen that vid (thanx Saku) and I gotta side with A.I......The big guy wasn't leaving him with too many options at that point.

Another that came to my mind that i don't think has been mention yet is a locker room brawl between Karl Gotch and "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers. Which was over the fact that Rogers wouldn't give Gotch a shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Championship because he didn't wanna get in there with a wrestler like Gotch who he was afraid would decide to shoot on him and legitimately take his title. So they got into that locker brawl and Gotch beat the crap outta Rogers and broke one of his hands.

the great antonio deserved it as far as im concerned

What is the deal with Holly-Lesnar? That one I'm not familiar with, at least off the top of my head.

Lesnar and Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig supposedly got into it on a plane, but Lesnar said it was pure horseplay.

What is the deal with Holly-Lesnar? That one I'm not familiar with, at least off the top of my head.

Lesnar and Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig supposedly got into it on a plane, but Lesnar said it was pure horseplay.

Lesnar fucked up Holly's neck, but then again Holly Deserved it

Lesnar was wrestling Bob Holly and Holly decided it would be quite to go dead weight on Lesnar as Lesnar was going for his powerbomb so Lesnar just dropped Holly straight down to the mat and Holly suffered a few compressed vertebrae and was out for a while.

It was Hennig's fault and Hennig got fired over it. Hennig was supposedly near drunk and had a ton of pills on him. Being the ribber that he was, he ribbed Lesnar with shaving cream and then eventually picked a fight with Lesnar which ended in them wrestling and Lesnar slamming Hennig into the plane door on the side. Hennig was fired...this was also on the "Plane From Hell" trip.

Looks to me like the Great Antonio needed an ass whuppin'. The kicks to the face did go overboard.

I want to see the Haku stuff! And the Harley Race stuff too. I love Harley, and I know he was a legitimate tough guy. I would enjoy reading about either of them having either shoots or backstage encounters.

Looks to me like the Great Antonio needed an ass whuppin'. The kicks to the face did go overboard.

I want to see the Haku stuff! And the Harley Race stuff too. I love Harley, and I know he was a legitimate tough guy. I would enjoy reading about either of them having either shoots or backstage encounters.

Yea, I've posted a bunch of Haku stories in other PW threads. It just takes forever to write post them. Here's a few quickies:

- Bill Goldberg, Bobby Heenan, Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Bad News Brown, Ric Flair, Eric Bischoff, Bret Hart, Lance Storm just to name a few have all mentioned that Haku was the toughest guy they've ever met.

- Here's Jake Roberts and Kevin Sullivan's take about the time when Meng ripped out Jesse Barr's eye (True story)

It happened in Puerto Rico and it was Sullivan, Roberts, Barr, and Haku (I'll call him Meng or Haku throughout) walking the streets of PR. There was a construction worker digging the streets and Barr went up to the guy and kicked dirt in his face. Meng told Barr "you shouldn't have done that" and Jesse said "Fuck you, what are you going to do about it?" and the fight started and 1 punch and a take down later, Barr was missing an eye.

Here's what Meng had to say when asked about the incident and this is a direct quote:

"It happened. But it's sad because I've always considered the boys as my family. They are my family. When things like that happen to me, it's very sad. We should control it but we're still human beings too."

- Haku also had a backstage encounter with Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake after Beefcake complained to WWF management that Haku slapped him too hard during a match. After WWF management informed Haku, he immediately went to the locker room and grabbed Beefcake out of the shower, and began choking him, lifting him two feet off the floor. Other wrestlers were hesitant to break it up, so finally Hulk Hogan (who Haku respected) was called in and was able to calm Haku down.

- In an interview with Alex Marvez, Haku was asked about one of his legendary fights. Haku stated his favorite was one that "cost him a lot of money." He was at the Baltimore Airport Hilton bar with Sivi Afi when five men started laughing at them and said, "You guys are the fake wrestlers on TV." In response Haku replied, "I

I've read about Wild Bull Curry being in some shoots. Though he wasn't exactly a shooter in the traditional since, because he wasn't really a legit grappler, but a tough guy brawler. A brand new title, the NWA Texas Brass Knuckles Championship, was even created specifically for Curry to suit his brawling style because they didn't wanna give him the main title of the territory. He's one of the originators, maybe you could even say the father of hardcore style wrestling. Curry went beyond just legitimately fighting fellow wrestlers, to beating up fans. Though usually it was because he was attacked by the fan first. Wild Bull Curry was one bad dude.

I've read about Wild Bull Curry being in some shoots. Though he wasn't exactly a shooter in the traditional since, because he wasn't really a legit grappler, but a tough guy brawler. A brand new title, the NWA Texas Brass Knuckles Championship, was even created specifically for Curry to suit his brawling style because they didn't wanna give him the main title of the territory. He's one of the originators, maybe you could even say the father of hardcore style wrestling. Curry went beyond just legitimately fighting fellow wrestlers, to beating up fans. Though usually it was because he was attacked by the fan first. Wild Bull Curry was one bad dude.

Bull Curry once fought Jack Dempsey in a boxing exhibition back in the 40's....The exhibition was just words on the cardboard poster though because Dempsey knocked him out in the 2nd round.

Bull Curry once fought Jack Dempsey in a boxing exhibition back in the 40's....The exhibition was just words on the cardboard poster though because Dempsey knocked him out in the 2nd round.

He didn't actually knock him out per se. Well, actually Curry turned it into somewhat of a wrestling match taking Dempsey down numerous times int he first round and then getting separated by the referee. He also had Dempsey in a headlock that turned Dempsey blue. Then in second round Dempsey landed a vicious right to Curry's mid-section that crumpled Curry to the ground and the ref hastily counted Curry out even though Curry was on his feet as soon as the ref counted to 9 but the ref said he was counted out. Curry was pissed off and cursed at Dempsey and the ref but that was that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back