Pro-wrestling shoots? Works turned shoot, shoots in a worked federation, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, rick steiner shot on konnan once because he fucked up some spots and had previously injured people he considered friends with his carelessness. he and scotty have also beat the shit out of a few jobbers and a japanese tag team (they were told the japanese wrestlers love to work very stiff). he did get worked over on the indy circuit by a no-name though, the footage used to be up on youtube.

That last one is the one I was thinking of, although I remember after seeing the video thinking it had been blown way out of proportion.

What happened to the american fighting league, called Real Pro Wrestling? I only saw a commersial a couple of years back..

EDIT: Never mind. Just saw it on youtube. Just freestyle wrestling.

Behind the scenes, you have Steiner/DDP, Jericho/Goldberg, and a host of others, but I don't know about many in ring shoots.

Did Jericho fight goldberg?
please tell

What happened to the american fighting league, called Real Pro Wrestling? I only saw a commersial a couple of years back..

I use to watch RPW myself. All their website says is: "We are reorganizing our website to provide updated relevant information. We will continue to make available the RPW DVD Set. Also look for RPW video downloads in the future as well." I don't know what's going on with it...

Did Jericho fight goldberg?
please tell

They had a backstage altercation in WWE where Jericho handled Goldberg pretty easily it seems. Even though he's smaller, Jericho is a tough dude and came outta the Hart Dungeon. Doesn't surprise me.

Jericho started talking about the infamous backstage fight with Goldberg. Jericho was laughing about it and said it was a long story, they got into an argument, Goldberg put his hand on Jericho

that was jerry sags

Yeah man, the Nasty Boys were infamous for working really stiff or shooting on opponents. Hall was apparently the one who started it in that situation though, and enraged the Nasties.

one of the tough enough seasons had hardcore holly beat the fuck out of a kid named matt

I went to college with Matt. Great guy. Developed a tumor in his brain, which stopped him from becoming a huge pro-wrestling star. One of the coolest people I've ever met.

I went to college with Matt. Great guy. Developed a tumor in his brain, which stopped him from becoming a huge pro-wrestling star. One of the coolest people I've ever met.

Matt Cappotelli?

Yeah man, the Nasty Boys were infamous for working really stiff or shooting on opponents. Hall was apparently the one who started it in that situation though, and enraged the Nasties.

Scott Hall talked about it in one of his shoot interviews, it was basically the result of a misunderstanding where the Nasty boys saw Hall and Nash laughing backstage. they presumed they were laughing at a wrestler who had sustained an injury during their match that night, which they weren't

Scott Hall talked about it in one of his shoot interviews, it was basically the result of a misunderstanding where the Nasty boys saw Hall and Nash laughing backstage. they presumed they were laughing at a wrestler who had sustained an injury during their match that night, which they weren't

Yeah, it didn't take much to get on the bad side of the Nasty Boys. Legit tough guys with a penchant for brawling, probably wasn't a good thing to anger them no matter who you were. Even if you could win the fight, you'd know you were just in real brawl.

steve blackman (now MMA instructor in Harrisburg PA) knocked the fuck out of JBL at a airport baggage carousel,and casually picked up his suitcase, as if nothing happened

Last edited:
The out-of-the-ring altercations are interesting, but I want more in-ring shoots!

The whole Thesz thread posted here earlier is a great read. I need to dig more deeply into that forum. There is a HUGE wealth of wrestling history there.

wendi richter vs. spider lady - the original screwjob

From Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendi_Richter
The Original Screwjob

In 1985, after losing and then regaining the title from rival Leilani Kai at the inaugural WrestleMania, Richter was scheduled to defend her women's title at Madison Square Garden on November 25 of that same year against a mysterious masked opponent known only as The Spider Lady.[1] Moments into the match, The Spider Lady broke from the pre-scripted events and pinned Richter's shoulders to the mat. The referee

Who knows how many in ring shoots there were that we don't even know about with the old school shooters like Lou Thesz, Verne Gagne, Karl Gotch, Billy Robinson, Danny Hodge, Roland Bock etc... i bet there's a whole bunch of incidents pro wrestling fans have never heard of.

Matt Cappotelli?

Yup. Worked in the WMU weight room. We actually talked a bit about pro-wrestling, I remember him saying he wanted to be a wrestler, didn't realize he was gonna take it that far.

Who knows how many in ring shoots there were that we don't even know about with the old school shooters like Lou Thesz, Verne Gagne, Karl Gotch, Billy Robinson, Danny Hodge, Roland Bock etc... i bet there's a whole bunch of incidents pro wrestling fans have never heard of.

Billy Robinson used to do that alot

Billy Robinson used to do that alot

A lot of people said he hooked the Iron Sheik for some reason or another owing to Sheik telling people he was superior to Robinson or something. During traing camp though, not during a match.

I am with the people who are extremely skeptical of Hogan's claim that he was able to handle Choshu.

Anyone seen Backlund-Funaki and disagree with me about it being a work through and through?

I think Backlund and Funaki's technically precise style of pro-wrestling might lead people to think they are shooting on submissions when they are not.

Hardcore Holly punched out 20 year old Rene Dupree in the ring during a WWE house-show.

Story goes that Holly didn't need his rental car so he let Dupree take it.
Dupree got a speeding ticket, but didn't say anything about it, so it was Holly's name on the car, so Holly got the bill. Holly had to fly to another city to take care of the ticket and the legal red tape, costing him more money, aggravation, and wasted time.
Holly confronted Dupree about Dupree not telling him about it, but Dupree just laughed him off.
Holly attacked him for real in the ring, Dupree took a beating, and ran up the ramp to escape.

I think that Robinson's hook on Sheiky was discussed in Flair's book. If I'm not mistaken, I think they tried to pull one on Sgt. Slaughter as well, but the sarge held his own. This is all off the top of my head, so I may be wrong, but I think that's how I remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back