Prime Sergei vs Stipe....Interesting?

VERBAL-FEDOR

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see people saying Stipe is an all time great HW off beating up guys way past their primes(Hunt, Reem, JDS etc).

Does anyone remember how much of a badass Sergei was in his prime?

Awesome boxing, top submission game and iron chin.

He has wins over Reem and Werdum when they where young and dangerous. I don't see how Stipe would beat a prime Sergei.

For those who only worship the UFC, Dana and the garbage Joe Rogaine spews, educate yourself on Sergei and you just may gain some perspective.

Discuss.
96b68ddca5439dfdf3e3434af019c3f8--sergei-kharitonov-freedom-fighters.jpg

I wish he had came to the UFC at the same time as Nog, Crocop and Shogun.

I would stream that fight.

No question about it.

If a Prime Sergei arrived in the UFC tomorrow he'd be a serious contender.

We were so lucky to have the HWs we had pre-USADA... It's never gonna be the same again.

<DCrying>

Nothing worse than stubbing your toe on a door frame, am I right? Shit hurts so bad

I see people saying Stipe is an all time great HW off beating up guys way past their primes(Hunt, Reem, JDS etc).

Does anyone remember how much of a badass Sergei was in his prime?

Awesome boxing, top submission game and iron chin.

He has wins over Reem and Werdum when they where young and dangerous. I don't see how Stipe would beat a prime Sergei.

For those who only worship the UFC, Dana and the garbage Joe Rogaine spews, educate yourself on Sergei and you just may gain some perspective.

Discuss.
96b68ddca5439dfdf3e3434af019c3f8--sergei-kharitonov-freedom-fighters.jpg
Sergei was definitely amazing in his prime. Now he just trades and gets rocked too damn much.

If anyone has the time on another note. Please go to YouTube and watch Franics Ngannou's first pro mma fight. Very interesting.

Pretty sure Sergei has already proven to have trouble with good grapplers. Stipe would GnP him to death.

Sergei never did anything Stipe hasn't or couldn't. Stipe would of K.O'ed prime Sergei worse than Alex and Reem.

I wish he had came to the UFC at the same time as Nog, Crocop and Shogun.

He met with them to negotiate but it didn't work out.
He was competing in boxing/kickboxing and probably wanted to keep doing that.

He would have been really fun to have in there.

Pretty sure Sergei has already proven to have trouble with good grapplers. Stipe would GnP him to death.

His grappling was good when he was in Pride.
He let it go after that when he was no longer concentrating on MMA. He HAD the talent and ability, at one time.

Don't forget about pre-rape Aleks E., he would also be a good test for Stipe.

Kharitonov was one tough, scary son of a bitch, but I'd still pick Stipe. Good modern beats good classic.

Igor would of destroyed Stipe. Hell, Gary Goodridge would of tko him. These new breed of heavy weights sucks. Mark Hunt would take Stipe's soul.

sergei was an average heavyweight .. old mark hunt would ko prime sergei

alex was always overrated bc of his brother.. had zero gas tank and limited grappling

I see your point, but young Aleks had great punching speed and trained with Red Devil Sports team and wasn't scum back them. He just seemed to not be as focused on MMA as Fedor. But dude had the size and speed.

Only way Stipe wins is if he takes him down but if it remains standing Sergei would more than likely KTFO Stipe

You could say that about Stipe vs any legendary HW. Quick examples:
Fedor (in a ring)
Cro Cop (in a ring)
Big Nog
Mir (I favor Stipe by a lot here lol)
Prime Barnett
Prime JDS
Pre-injuries Cain
Hell, even roided Timmeh, who had some good TDD and was tall and long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back