Prime Sergei vs Stipe....Interesting?

Its a shame really that never happened, I think Pride were looking for it in 2006 if Sergei had beaten Aleks. Would have been a test but I suspect Sergei's wrestling might have been a flaw, it was pretty good but he often depended on his grappling to escape/sweep yet Fedor was obviously a master at punishing guys like that(Nog and Herring) with GnP.

Sergei/Mirko is probably close to the top of fights I wish had happened in Pride.

Yes,bro,top fight back then,both in their prime,top strikers..even under the K-1,or some jap. mixed rules.Shame...

Which version of Sergei is prime? The one who was KO'd by a smaller Overeem and Aleks back-to-back? Or the one who got north-south choked by a past-his-prime Monson in under 2 minutes?

After he beat Sergei, Overeem went on to lose to Werdum, Arona, Little Nog and Shogun within the next year.

Stipe smokes any version of Sirgay.

Nope, he made stupid mistakes IE. Laughing at Alexander when tagged and offering him free shots to show how he could take it..... He couldn't and didn't.
He could and did. Early stoppage. Of course it looked horrible,his face sliding across the mat like that,leaving a trail of blood,but when the ref stopped it,sergei looked at him like yo wtf. No quit in his eyes whatsoever.

i would take stipe in all those fights. cro cop might catch him with a kick but stipe would most likely just pressure him and ko him

stop this shit lol

RVKZ0n.gif

Prime Sergei was a beast before the injury, him vs nog was top 3 best hw mma fights I've ever seen

He could , it's not ouf the realm of possibilities , he had really sharp boxing. Before he had the injury he was a lot faster too

Totally possible, but unlikely. The guy didn't have the best defense.

Hmmm
Stipe/ Fedor I think Stipe can keep it standing and KO him, but Prime Fedor always found a way. This would be a legendary fight.
Stipe/ Cro Cop: I don't think Stipe can do what Randleman did. Cro Cop most likely finds a way to corner Stipe and KOs him.
Stipe/ Big Nog: Stipe keeps it standing and decisions him. Prime Big Nog had the GOAT chin, but he'd lose the fight.
Stipe/ Mir: Stipe KOs him lol
Stipe/ Barnett: As long as Stipe keeps it standing, he can win.
Stipe/ Prime JDS: Would be a legendary fight, but I think Stipe knows the gameplan to beat any JDS.
Stipe/ Prime Cain: A GOAT fight. Stipe can win on the feet, but I have no idea how he'd react to Cain's pressure. I'd favor him though because Cain can be KOed as we saw with JDS 1, and Stipe has a lot of power.

Well, maybe not 2014 JDS.

He could and did. Early stoppage. Of course it looked horrible,his face sliding across the mat like that,leaving a trail of blood,but when the ref stopped it,sergei looked at him like yo wtf. No quit in his eyes whatsoever.

I'll have to rewatch it as I remember him looking like a stunned mullet that didn't know where it was(there was nothing in his eyes)

It's been a long time but I'll try and watch it again.

Wake up bud, prides over
You can't openly take peds, and fight pro Wrestlers to create padded records, and refs no longer have ear peices.

Pride fanboys almost have no clue what they're looking at.

Funny how all the pride fighters started losing when it came to sanctioned mma fights, except the actual good ones that weren't overrated and strived to get better.

I don't know what their [PRIDE] problem was but they wouldn't promote me at all, they cheated me out of money from dolls and t-shirts, not paying me... when my contract was up and we were negotiating and I wanted more money and they were telling me ‘oh, but you're a nobody.' This was after I had fought in the Grand Prix and beat Igor Vovchanchyn. Even after I went to that K-1 fight and represented them in K-1, they were mad I won that K-1 fight! Just stuff like that... Igor Vovchanchyn, I got two weeks notice [for the fight]. Ninja, two weeks notice. It was bad. The tournaments were fixed. They said they drew numbers from a hat. It was all set up for Wanderlei to win. It was really bad. Even in some fights they would stand you up when you were winning, different stuff like that." -rampage.

Overrated fighters, fixed fights.

Wake up bud, prides over
You can't openly take peds, and fight pro Wrestlers to create padded records, and refs no longer have ear peices.

Pride fanboys almost have no clue what they're looking at.

Funny how all the pride fighters started losing when it came to sanctioned mma fights, except the actual good ones that weren't overrated and strived to get better.

I don't know what their [PRIDE] problem was but they wouldn't promote me at all, they cheated me out of money from dolls and t-shirts, not paying me... when my contract was up and we were negotiating and I wanted more money and they were telling me ‘oh, but you're a nobody.' This was after I had fought in the Grand Prix and beat Igor Vovchanchyn. Even after I went to that K-1 fight and represented them in K-1, they were mad I won that K-1 fight! Just stuff like that... Igor Vovchanchyn, I got two weeks notice [for the fight]. Ninja, two weeks notice. It was bad. The tournaments were fixed. They said they drew numbers from a hat. It was all set up for Wanderlei to win. It was really bad. Even in some fights they would stand you up when you were winning, different stuff like that." -rampage.

Overrated fighters, fixed fights.
28tcm6b.gif

Back