Prime Royce vs Maia at WW, who takes it?

So all you have is pure speculation while other Gracies and students have basically said the same thing about Rorion - that he controlled everything including the purse strings for the entire family. Davies only added the part about Rickson leaving because his wife chided him about the arrangement.
U actually didnt get it.

Im not interested in the Rorion-controlled-everything part, this is pretty obvious since the 1970s and the BJJ vs Karaté challenge. Nuthin´new here.

Im interested in the clashes btw the family members, since George vs the family, then this story about Rickson vs Helio & Rorion.

How many modern mma fighters would have faced the unknown like Royce did? Maia's bjj is obv solid but just stepping up back then took more than just skill and deserves it's own recognition.
LOL you got it backward. Everyone but Royce was facing the unknown. Actually, only Shamrock also had knowledge of the submission game. This is why these two were so dominating early own. Any of the Gracie familly would have won that tournement. The idea was to prove the world that BJJ was the best martial art. It still is when knowledge of MA is limited to only one art.

LOL you got it backward. Everyone but Royce was facing the unknown. Actually, only Shamrock also had knowledge of the submission game. This is why these two were so dominating early own. Any of the Gracie familly would have won that tournement. The idea was to prove the world that BJJ was the best martial art. It still is when knowledge of MA is limited to only one art.
So why not throw FW Royler in there?

Would have been better for marketing purpose...

So why not throw FW Royler in there?

Would have been better for marketing purpose...
The Gracie wanted to prove BJJ was the best and chose a young Royce who didn't look tough (170 pounds if I recall right) even if he was not the best in the family. That his what the Gracie are saying anyway... dont know why they would lie on that!

The Gracie wanted to prove BJJ was the best and chose a young Royce who didn't look tough (170 pounds if I recall right) even if he was not the best in the family. This is the story told by the Gracies anyway...

The Gracie wanted to prove BJJ was the best and chose a young Royce who didn't look tough (170 pounds if I recall right) even if he was not the best in the family. That his what the Gracie are saying anyway... dont know why they would lie on that!
OK, I got that...

but why not FW Royler?

Royces godly Jiu jitsu was more about other people's lack of grappling knowledge.

Maia is just a beast

Back