Prime Royce vs Maia at WW, who takes it?

Fadetoblack918

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Im really not sure. If i had to put money on it, i go Maia, but could see Royce pulling it off too. Has potential to be the greatest grapplefest of all time. What do you guys think?

its like asking who would win a war. hannibal or napoleon?

maia.

but woodley would wreck both.

its like asking who would win a war. hannibal or napoleon?
I love this comparison. Both are greats for their time, but Napoleon always wins via being born long after Hannibal.

Maia via any sub or strike he wants.

Maia, not even close. Maia is the best grapler in the history of MMA thus far. I don't like watching him.win but there's no denying skill.

Maia by whatever he wants
Age isn't much of an excuse. Royce just isn't that good in BJJ like he's made out to be. Mai is still a beast at 40 while royce was completely shot.

I would say Maia. The Gracies may have made GJJ but there are some other people out there who are better. Eddie Bravo proved it when he beat Royler.

Maia as a brown belt would annihilate Royce in is prime

Im really not sure. If i had to put money on it, i go Maia, but could see Royce pulling it off too. Has potential to be the greatest grapplefest of all time. What do you guys think?

I misread this as Prince Royce, and instantly thought, Maia would kill him.

Maia would kill prime Royce as well.

Maia easily no question prime Royce wouldn’t be top 10 if he fought now.

Maia by decision.

sakurabashirt.jpg

This guy in his prime would have a great shot though

People who say Royce wasn't that good are wrong, he was good, he was a pioneer, even in the BJJ world at the time Royce was a somebody.

Throughout the rest of the 90's Royce did not have the acclaim of others in the Gracie family.

Maia is in a different league he, Werdum and Jacre are the most accomplished BBJ guys to ever compete in the UFC.

Maia would beat Royce in the octagon but I don't think it would be as much of a blow out as these other guys think it would be.

Prime Royce fought with a gi, you take that away and he's instantly not so prime

Royce got destroyed in grappling by Hughes.
Ask yourself if Hughes is as good at grappling as Maia.

Back