Prime GSP vs Woodley ... who wins?

Points for imagination.

But Woodley's (most recent) call-out was (1) vicious (2) on-point and (3) widely reported. It'll take more than imagination to suppress the duck label.

His claim Georges is bitch made for being name dropped in a fight with Nate Diaz?

Tyron was campaigning for Nate Diaz, saying shit like he paid his dues and deserves that fight, only a few weeks ago, as WW champion.

The lack of awareness is comical. I don't think Tyron Woodley is that naive. He jut needs to be widely reported on by putting Georges name on his twitter, he's doing what a no-draw, top tier fighter should do, get on the coat tails of stars to try and get some money.

If a small lightweight can drop GSP, Woodley tapping that chin will end him
You mean the small LW that was built like a 170-pound boulder, clubbed him behind the ear, and didn’t drop him until he hit him with about 30 more haymakers? And still didn’t put him to sleep?

Woodley’s power is on another level, and if he somehow lands the overhand he could definitely finish it. But let’s not act like GSP has some glass jaw. He actually has one of the more underrated chins in MMA. He’s taken a couple hellacious beatings without going out, and even got up to win the round and the fight against Condit.

His claim Georges is bitch made for being name dropped in a fight with Nate Diaz?

Tyron was campaigning for Nate Diaz, saying shit like he paid his dues and deserves that fight, only a few weeks ago, as WW champion.

The lack of awareness is comical. I don't think Tyron Woodley is that naive. He jut needs to be widely reported on by putting Georges name on his twitter, he's doing what a no-draw, top tier fighter should do, get on the coat tails of stars to try and get some money.
This is all smoke and mirrors and allegation. Woodley has called GSP out plenty.

At the end of the day, Woodley's statements fit the facts and the duck label will stick. It's too obvious and too visceral and too in keeping with GSP's risk-averse approach to fighting, which is perhaps rivaled only by Woodley's. You can't make it go away by blaming Woodley for GSP ducking him. That's not the way legacies work, lol.

And it's a shame. Woodley-GSP is the best fight that the UFC could put on right now. It would also be the biggest. The promotion writes itself. Diaz-GSP is laughable.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." -Kenny Florini

Gsp is a straight duck now, he'll take fight he know he can win 100% of the time. He know Woodley can easily put him to sleep.

This is all smoke and mirrors and allegation.

Pot kettle black.

Woodley-GSP is the best fight that the UFC could put on right now.

Have you seen Woodley fight? Are you a big GSP fan?

When you say best, you don't mean exciting, high-paced, daring quality MMA do you? It's just a random adjective, right?

That kind of stupid mma math never works in real life.

Oh and Serra is a small LW yeah right.

Im pretty sure you said the exact samething before the guy in your avatar faced GSP.

My guess is that you're still bitter that GSP put a beatdown on your guy.

Quote it

I praised GSP and called him the goat after he beat Bisping, but even the goat had bad matchups

GSPs boxing isn't all that great tbh. Couple that with the TD threat being gone, and Woodley beats him.

And I hate Woodley.

He’s taken down other good wrestlers before.
Not because of wrestling, but because of speed and conditioning, leading to level changes that they don’t see coming.

I could see it being like GSP vs Kos 2.

Problem is, GSP’s opponents always let him take the center and they circle away.
All of them.
Why do they let him do that? Why can’t they take the center and force him to circle away?
Could Woodley do it?

He’s taken down other good wrestlers before.
Not because of wrestling, but because of speed and conditioning, leading to level changes that they don’t see coming.

I could see it being like GSP vs Kos 2.

Problem is, GSP’s opponents always let him take the center and they circle away.
All of them.
Why do they let him do that? Why can’t they take the center and force him to circle away?
Could Woodley do it?

My rebuttle to this is in this thread. It gets boring typing the same thing over and over again. Respect for addressing it like a sensible person and not a triggered fanboy though.

My rebuttle to this is in this thread. It gets boring typing the same thing over and over again. Respect for addressing it like a sensible person and not a triggered fanboy though.

What’s a rebuttle?

Woodley stiffens GSP. Woodley is a bad match up for Pierre.

Didn't you say this exact same thing before the Bisping fight? And then afterwards called Bisping a bum and overrated?

Thats what you said about every single of GSP opponents. You suck at predicting fights. "Bisping gonna KTFO GSP!!!". After the fight "Bisping is a bum!!"

You're an embarassment.

LMFAO!!!! I knew it. I just called him out for the exact same thing.

This is all smoke and mirrors and allegation. Woodley has called GSP out plenty.

At the end of the day, Woodley's statements fit the facts and the duck label will stick. It's too obvious and too visceral and too in keeping with GSP's risk-averse approach to fighting, which is perhaps rivaled only by Woodley's. You can't make it go away by blaming Woodley for GSP ducking him. That's not the way legacies work, lol.

And it's a shame. Woodley-GSP is the best fight that the UFC could put on right now. It would also be the biggest. The promotion writes itself. Diaz-GSP is laughable.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." -Kenny Florini

Very refreshing to see there an accurate point of view.

I've tried posting that GSP's legacy is as a WW. If you want to improve your legacy go back to the weight class that made you famous.

I suppose his legacy as a MMA fighter increases if he wins some fights in different weight classes but any knowledgable reasonable fan will know the real legitimacy of opponents like Bisping or Nate Diaz. Its definitely a positive to win these fights but I'm not prepared to give GSP more credit than he deserves especially when he is so blatantly fighting above and below his traditional weight class.

At the end of the day Tyron could represent a huge black stain (lol) on the legacy of GSP. If Woodley accumulates more title defenses and reigns similar to GSP, the question of "what if" they fought will arise more frequently as Tyron is now comparable in greatness. And this question can always be answered with the fact that GSP ducked a challenger that was ready willing and begging to fight him.

prime GSP all the way bro. All the fucking way.

I would even favor current form of GSP over Woodley right now.

Back