Media Prime GSP and prime Matt Hughes at UFC 65 would get KO by Tyron Woodley

Prime GSP beats woodley. GSP has taken everybody he has faced down. He's got great top control and transitions. Even if he gets taken down, he's great at getting back up.

Hendricks before USADA -
12-3. (Never been finished)
Zero missed weight attempts.
Several finishes (some within seconds)
Massive power, fast speed and very explosive.
Gave the G.O.A.T the fight of his life.

Hendricks under USADA -
2-6. (TKO'd 3 times)
Multiple missed weight attempts
Zero finishes.
Power, speed and explosiveness completely diminished.
Losing to much lesser opponents.

Now this is the part where you respond with several pictures of imaginary marks on GSP's body.
Soooo... do you have proof or just fighter bashing? Your opinion is not proof.

You're a fellow Fedor fan, and I appreciate your opinion, but prime GSP was proven to be beatable by Matt Serra. GSP cannot stand with fighters with KO power.

Really? Watch the Hendricks fight, then get back to me. Woodley got outclassed by Rory, who's a poor man's version of GSP.

Current-day Woodley is the best fighter in WW history.

WW is a historically weak division and the nostalgic fans tend to overrate the quality of those one dimensional guys back in the day.

GSP at his absolute best could very well win the fight, but It would be a 5 round war and extremely tough if he did.

Styles make fights

I personally don't respect his boxing / striking enough to believe he could outpoint Tyron for 5 rounds on the feet.. which is where the fight would almost certainly be decided. But people are free to believe otherwise.

GSP is absolutely the GOAT at welterweight and an all time great, he will be remembered for generations to come. Measuring skill for skill from varying eras is another argument entirely though.
Woodley got outstruck by Jake Shields

<{outtahere}>

So you're telling out of all the opponents GSP has faced in his MMA career. Which he ALL beat. No one is as good as Woodley? Lmao

Yes, of course I can see how Woodley is a hard matchup stylistically for GSP. Not saying GSP would go out there and dominate him. But there are freakin levels. GSP outclasses him and wins the decision no doubt. Look what happened when Woodley fought Rory Mac, a lesser fighter than GSP.

Soooo... do you have proof or just fighter bashing? Your opinion is not proof.

Everything I just listed is facts.
his wrestling was better than Woodley's. Woodley is an infinitely better grappler, more power, more speed and explosiveness and overall fight IQ. He doesn't get enough credit, but the guy is very calculated In what he does..especially over the last few years.

Unfortunately it will be a while before he recovers from the blow that the Wonderboy / maia fights did to his public perception.

I acknowledge Woodley is excellent and would definitely pose a tough test for GSP. But I think Hendricks at his best was more dangerous and I think GSP would figure Woodley out and decision him soundly.

Do you follow me in every thread ya bum? I must have really hurt your feelings

Well u do post in "every thread" I try to dodge your bullshit i really do! But it's not possible as you post so much of it.

Woodley got outstruck by Jake Shields

<{outtahere}>

So you're telling out of all the opponents GSP has faced in his MMA career. Which he ALL beat. No one is as good as Woodley? Lmao

Yes, of course I can see how Woodley is a hard matchup stylistically for GSP. Not saying GSP would go out there and dominate him. But there are freakin levels. GSP outclasses him and wins the decision no doubt. Look what happened when Woodley fought Rory Mac, a lesser fighter than GSP.
you're free to think what you want, not everyone has to believe the same things.

This is overly simplistic short sighted level analysis though.

Had we been talking about that version of Tyron Woodley, I'd absolutely agree. The version of Woodley that fought Shields and Rory would lose to a prime GSP. Those fights happened long before he got with Duke roufus, started taking his boxing and overall training to another level though. Before he started training with Ben Askren. I'd say he's a completely different fighter today than back then In all aspects. Those fights happened 4-5 years ago and aren't something we should really look towards In any case regardless of the fighter, the most recent fights / performances paint the most accurate picture as to where a fighter really stands. Going back that far only muddies the water.

It's like people saying Kevin Lee lost to Al iaquinta and got KO'd by some jiu jitsu guy, he's one of the best fighters on the planet currently and those fights are irrelevant. Things change, fighters and people evolve.

The strongest Aspect of George's game is his ability to dictate where the fight takes place which is done through his dominance of the wrestling / grappling. High level wrestlers who are able to nullify GSP's game will give him the most trouble. GSP has decent boxing / striking but he's far from unbeatable if that's where the fight takes place. Till, Lawler and Wonderboy are all superior strikers to GSP and struggled with Tyron. Styles make fights / wrestling threat but still..Tyron isn't the type of guy you're going to jab for 5 rounds to a decision. He isn't Koscheck.

At his absolute best, GSP could very well win the fight but I wouldn't favor him. Styles make fights. If he did win, It'd be an absolute war, struggle and probably extremely close.

Well u do post in "every thread" I try to dodge your bullshit i really do! But it's not possible as you post so much of it.
You don't post very often but I noticed you because of your shit posting. It's very telling. You know there is an ignore function, right?

If GSP started training boxing earlier on along with his karate, he'd have far less holes on the feet. He started strictly with Karate and was taught a lot of bad habits that unfortunately become deeply ingrained and extremely hard to reverse / fix even with the best boxing coaches. Not unlike with guys who start from Muay thai backrounds.

If only he started training boxing the correct way right from the jump.

That's not to say his boxing is necessarily bad( for mma). His jab is solid, he does some things well. You can definitely see a lot of those habits he picked up from his initial martial arts upbringing though

Lesson for those who are coming up really, If you gonna train some traditional martial arts..make sure to also learn how to box from a proper trainer along side of it.

Half of Woodleys fights are controversial. Fuck off with that shit

You don't post very often but I noticed you because of your shit posting. It's very telling. You know there is an ignore function, right?

I come here for fun i don't make countless threads defending my favorite fighters honour.

We get it you want to suck St-Pierre's cock

you don't need to remind us 3 time a week with your shit threads!

Go outside bud get some fresh air it'll do ya good!.

you're free to think what you want, not everyone has to believe the same things.

This is overly simplistic short sighted level analysis though.

Had we been talking about that version of Tyron Woodley, I'd absolutely agree. The version of Woodley that fought Shields and Rory would lose to a prime GSP. Those fights happened long before he got with Duke roufus, started taking his boxing and overall training to another level though. Before he started training with Ben Askren. I'd say he's a completely different fighter today than back then In all aspects. Those fights happened 4-5 years ago and aren't something we should really look towards In any case regardless of the fighter, the most recent fights / performances paint the most accurate picture as to where a fighter really stands. Going back that far only muddies the water.

It's like people saying Kevin Lee lost to Al iaquinta and got KO'd by some jiu jitsu guy, he's one of the best fighters on the planet currently and those fights are irrelevant. Things change, fighters and people evolve.

The strongest Aspect of George's game is his ability to dictate where the fight takes place which is done through his dominance of the wrestling / grappling. High level wrestlers who are able to nullify GSP's game will give him the most trouble. GSP has decent boxing / striking but he's far from unbeatable if that's where the fight takes place. Till, Lawler and Wonderboy are all superior strikers to GSP and struggled with Tyron. Styles make fights / wrestling threat but still..Tyron isn't the type of guy you're going to jab for 5 rounds to a decision. He isn't Koscheck.

At his absolute best, GSP could very well win the fight but I wouldn't favor him. Styles make fights. If he did win, It'd be an absolute war, struggle and probably extremely close.
Fair enough, you have some good points.

You said Till, Lawler and Wonderboy are all superior strikers than GSP. But the thing is, that's all they are, strikers.

In your post you never mention the possibility of GSP taking down Woodley. GSP took down elite wrestlers like Kosheck, even took down Hendricks who is a decorated wrestler and one of the best in MMA history.

Your points make sense as to why you would give the edge to Woodley. But GSP has a proven track record. All Woodley has over him is power. Not a single doubt in my mind GSP wins the decision.

Prime GSP beats woodley. GSP has taken everybody he has faced down. He's got great top control and transitions. Even if he gets taken down, he's great at getting back up.
against Koscheck the 2nd time and Hendricks, he took them down but wasn't able to keep them down or control them. Which will happen In a matchup between two high level wrestlers.

They'll nullify eachother and the fight will take place on the feet.

Prime GSP beats any version of Woodley, easily. GSP to me outside of Fedor maybe Jon Jones as well is most well rounded fighter I have ever seen fight in MMA. GSP skill set is off the charts along with elite freakish athleticism and high fight IQ he always seemed several steps ahead of his opponents.

I come here for fun i don't make countless threads defending my favorite fighters honour.

We get it you want to suck St-Pierre's cock

you don't need to remind us 3 time a week with your shit threads!

Go out side bud get some fresh air it'll do ya good!.
Lol You came in to shit in a Chuck Liddel thread I did, fk outta here.

If I trigger you so much, hit that ignore button, buddeh.

No one wants to hear your shitty opinion.

I don’t think Tyrone was even training mma in 2006 so probably not no

And Prime Pre ACL GSP would 50-45 that Prime Woodley

. Hendricks had power but Tyron has far more, combined with speed and explosiveness.

Nah, prime Big Rigg hit just as hard and was a more diverse striker (see his fights with Lawler).

Back