Prime BJ Penn vs Khabib

Who wins

• Total voters
BJ has the technical skills to pose a serious threat but he's a quitter with bad cardio. Khabib will never lose to a quitter with bad cardio. BJ gets mauled after the first round 100%

BJ would gas after the 1st round..get taken down and smothered til a UD.

Khabib.

UFC fighters were overrated back then.

;)

I've got Khabib by cardio

Good fight though. But I think BJ jabs him up initially but wears down (as BJ always does when he isn't completely dominating) and over 5 rounds Khabib wears him down and beats him up

BJ wasn't far removed from his best when he lost to Frankie 1st and 2nd times. The game has moved on considerably since BJ's prime. Khabib dominates him.

He didn't quit due to his gas tank, he quit because he was helpless and taking a beating

It was because of gas tank and one other thing ....

Fresh BJ Penn is damn near impossible for even the true WW GSP to take down.

But GSP kept at it until BJ started to tire and eventually could get those takedowns.

Then once on the ground, .... vaseline rendered BJ Penn's BJJ completely useless.

I've got Khabib by cardio

Good fight though. But I think BJ jabs him up initially but wears down (as BJ always does when he isn't completely dominating) and over 5 rounds Khabib wears him down and beats him up
IIRC, I had BJ winning the 1st Rd vs Gomi, then realistically losing the 2nd Rd & the momentum (with Gomi stuffind TDs and connecting with jabz).. Then BJ took him down pretty quickly in the 3rd and got the RNC

BJ has the technical skills to pose a serious threat but he's a quitter with bad cardio. Khabib will never lose to a quitter with bad cardio. BJ gets mauled after the first round 100%
"quitter'"... Ya watched the Gomi fight?

"quitter'"... Ya watched the Gomi fight?
I've seen plenty of his fights, he's a quitter. He quit against GSP, Diaz, Edgar and non of them put pressure like Khabib. Penn and Conor are cut from the same cloth, it's all downhill for Penn once khabib breaks his will after the first round. Just lol@khabib who is undefeated losing to a guy that has quit in multiple fights.

I've seen plenty of his fights, he's a quitter. He quit against GSP, Diaz, Edgar and non of them put pressure like Khabib. Penn and Conor are cut from the same cloth, it's all downhill for Penn once khabib breaks his will after the first round. Just lol@khabib who is undefeated losing to a guy that has quit in multiple fights.
well, for sure ya didnt watch the Gomi fight, I can tell ya that.

IIRC, I had BJ winning the 1st Rd vs Gomi, then realistically losing the 2nd Rd & the momentum (with Gomi stuffind TDs and connecting with jabz).. Then BJ took him down pretty quickly in the 3rd and got the RNC

Khabib is bigger, stronger, tougher (he would not quit on his stool) and a better wrestler. BJ Penn has an Artem Lobov level record whereas Khabib has lost only one round. BJ Penn is a legend for taking on all comers at different weight classes but is not a even a top five all time LW. He's been tooled by several FWs.

Khabib being better doesn’t make BJ overrated.

well, for sure ya didnt watch the Gomi fight, I can tell ya that.

Well you for sure are wrong.

Gomi isnt a pressure fighter, he himself has bad cardio and has quit in plenty of fights. What a stupid comparison to bring up for a hypothetical fight vs Khabib.

It was because of gas tank and one other thing ....

Fresh BJ Penn is damn near impossible for even the true WW GSP to take down.

But GSP kept at it until BJ started to tire and eventually could get those takedowns.

Then once on the ground, .... vaseline rendered BJ Penn's BJJ completely useless.
Meh, I commented during this fight to my friend who was a casual.
Uh oh, BJ is bleeding.
Some people will panic when they see their own blood. I still think this is why he quit. For the first time he felt paralyzing fear.
He didn't look gassed, just zoned out IMO.

Well you for sure are wrong.

Gomi isnt a pressure fighter, he himself has bad cardio and has quit in plenty of fights. What a stupid comparison to bring up for a hypothetical fight vs Khabib.
Dont be ridiculous.

And from your post I can tell that ya didnt watch the Gomi fight. Nothing to do with the Khabib match-up, Im afraid

Baby Jay would box up Khalobeeb while hopping around on one leg and then after 2 rounds of jabbing his face into Bolivian he would RNC the playboi in round 3

jsect2.gif

giphy.gif
End thread I'm not reading anymore. Well done

Meh, I commented during this fight to my friend who was a casual.
Uh oh, BJ is bleeding.
Some people will panic when they see their own blood. I still think this is why he quit. For the first time he felt paralyzing fear.
He didn't look gassed, just zoned out IMO.

Oh he was hurt for sure.
But he got hurt because he gassed ... and vasaline.

Back