Prime BJ Penn vs Khabib

Who wins

• Total voters
lmao two known trolls teaming up against their intellectual superior. just know that I reported both of you for your c-level trolling, buds.

Frankie is 3-0 against BJ and would run circles around Khalabeeb. This is science.
Fack off men

I think Khabib is too big and powerful and would grind down BJ Penn.

Prime BJ was damn near indestructible. Khabib is awesome, but damn I can't pick him here.

That's a good matchup. I would favor prime BJ, his style is well designed to beat Khabib. Overall I would say Khabib is roughly on par with BJ, but it's a bit of rock-paper-scissors, and prime BJ's skill sets would probably spell trouble for Khabib.

I love BJ as much as the next but he was last generations understanding of the game and Khabib is the future and that's the difference.

They are both wicked talented athletes with natural gifts above most, but prime BJ did not have the knowledge that prime Khabib has.

Yeah. Almost Fedor fan levels of delusion ITT here. It'd look like GSP Vs Penn 2, IMO.

I love BJ as much as the next but he was last generations understanding of the game and Khabib is the future and that's the difference.

They are both wicked talented athletes with natural gifts above most, but prime BJ did not have the knowledge that prime Khabib has.
well Khabib´s 'modern' understanding of the game was a slow progressive process, especially in the striking department:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...-the-anatomy-of-a-fighter-khabib-1-2.3844333/

Last edited:
How'd the 2nd fight go though? That was a better BJ too.

What makes you say that? I honestly don't recall their second fight much other than Frankie being very dominant. I can't recall what was the key difference in the second fight or what adjustments both men made, but I'd argue the best Penn was the Penn that won in the first fight.

What makes you say that? I honestly don't recall their second fight much other than Frankie being very dominant. I can't recall what was the key difference in the second fight or what adjustments both men made, but I'd argue the best Penn was the Penn that won in the first fight.
Penn won the first Frankie fight, but then failed to make any adjustments for what gave Frankie any success in the first bout. Frankie polished his double [something Khabib still doesn't have] and didn't look to engage with Penn until later rounds. Edgar took a page from Georges' superfight plan and went to the body early, looking at takedowns only to earn points. It wasn't until the later rounds that Frankie actually engaged on the ground--after Penn took Edgar down] but Frankie stayed on his bike and scored in a war of attrition throughout. Penn resorted to takedowns in the championship rounds because Frankie's superior movement was getting him the best of the exchanges.

Penn won the first Frankie fight, but then failed to make any adjustments for what gave Frankie any success in the first bout. Frankie polished his double [something Khabib still doesn't have] and didn't look to engage with Penn until later rounds. Edgar took a page from Georges' superfight plan and went to the body early, looking at takedowns only to earn points. It wasn't until the later rounds that Frankie actually engaged on the ground--after Penn took Edgar down] but Frankie stayed on his bike and scored in a war of attrition throughout. Penn resorted to takedowns in the championship rounds because Frankie's superior movement was getting him the best of the exchanges.

How successful were BJ's takedowns? I should really watch their second fight again. Frankie's ability to fight the fifth round almost as fresh as the first will always be one his most potent weapon along with constant movement which goes back again to his amazing conditioning.

If Khabib was from the last era we would have idiots on sherdog calling him the last generation of one dimensional fighters.

49% of you guys are retards. I actually figured it would be more.

If Khabib was from the last era we would have idiots on sherdog calling him the last generation of one dimensional fighters.
He is one dimensional, but prime Penn wouldn't beat him. Khabib is better than anyone BJ Penn has a victory over, including Hughes.

Hard to pick against Khabib, but BJ was something very special. I am going with BJ by jab for 3-4 rds, before he finishes standing or by submission.

I think BJ would handle the early onslaught and pull off a sub in rounds 2 or 3.

I would back Khabib to learn from the loss and win the rematch on points.

Who wins the trilogy? I will need to think about it!

Penn subbing Khabib? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Newbie detected.

He is one dimensional, but prime Penn wouldn't beat him. Khabib is better than anyone BJ Penn has a victory over, including Hughes.

Penn is also better than anyone Khabib has a win over and stylistically a bad match up for him. Penn also has a two debatable losses to GSP and Edgar.

Love BJ and his rubberguard but he couldnt work that against Khabib.
I voted Khabib but it's a fight I'd pay to see.

This is a tougher fight for khabib than people realize. Esp at 155. I'd pick khabib but the first round or two will be dangerous for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back