Prime BJ Penn vs Khabib

Who wins

• Total voters
Khabib would have 20 lbs on BJ in the fight he would destroy any incarnation I don't remember BJ subbing anyone from guard. He's not hopping on one foot for 25 minutes and you can't "box up" someone who will take you down at will. I think Khabib might train a little harder with an actual team and cuts down from 210 of muscle, not fat. Guy with cardio and heart like Tony or a guy with KO power are the only guys beating Khabib at 155 this is an embarrassing thread prime BJ doesn't even have a path to victory.
Watch BJ vs Hughes 2 Rd 2...

chow2.gif

Watch BJ vs Hughes 2 Rd 2...

View attachment 483701
The one BJ lost..?

I think Khabib beats prime Hughes and Penn back to back in same night without taking any damage except a few bruises from BJ. I don't do the nostalgia thing I just tell the truth. Horrific style matchup for BJ. He's the smaller man. He barely trains while Khabib couldn't not injure himself for years. One is undefeated and unbreakable.. BJ likes snorting coke banging hot chicks and eating burritos. This thread is a broken time machine.

The one BJ lost..?

I think Khabib beats prime Hughes and Penn back to back in same night without taking any damage except a few bruises from BJ. I don't do the nostalgia thing I just tell the truth. Horrific style matchup for BJ. He's the smaller man. He barely trains while Khabib couldn't not injure himself for years. One is undefeated and unbreakable.. BJ likes snorting coke banging hot chicks and eating burritos. This thread is a broken time machine.
My fav. BJ round, even though he ended up losin´..

BJ was a lightweight god for his time.

But Khabib isn't some 1 dimensional, 2 dimensional at best, wrestler with stiff TD shots.

Khabib has been training in a watered down form of MMA since he was a small child. His TDs, his pressure, versatility on the ground and clinch alone would give BJ tremendous problems. BJs cardio seemed word class when things were going his way, put pressure on him and he faded alot quicker.

I have to pick Khabib as a huge fan of both.

No knock on Penn but when it's all said and done Khabib has potential to be in the goat talks. I don't have BJ there.

No knock on Penn but when it's all said and done Khabib has potential to be in the goat talks. I don't have BJ there.
BJ was in goat talks for a large part of his career.. lol

Maybe not now.

But at his best, p4p he was one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen In the sport without question.

BJ was a lightweight god for his time.

But Khabib isn't some 1 dimensional, 2 dimensional at best, wrestler with stiff TD shots.

Khabib has been training in a watered down form of MMA since he was a small child. His TDs, his pressure, versatility on the ground and clinch alone would give BJ tremendous problems. BJs cardio seemed word class when things were going his way, put pressure on him and he faded alot quicker.

I have to pick Khabib as a huge fan of both.
Thanks for being objective

BJ was in goat talks for a large part of his career.. lol

Maybe not now.

But at his best, p4p he was one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen In the sport without question.

Yeah I know he was but I don't see how he's even close to it now. You never knew which BJ would show up but I agree that he was in g.o.a.t talks back in the day. There have been a few in those talks years ago that just dropped off. He had more potential out of everyone who was in that list though.

I'd say it's a high chance Khabib get's a decision. I am pretty confident BJ Penn wouldn't get steamrolled like Conor Mcgregor tho.

Yeah I know he was but I don't see how he's even close to it now. You never knew which BJ would show up but I agree that he was in g.o.a.t talks back in the day. There have been a few in those talks years ago that just dropped off. He had more potential out of everyone who was in that list though.

We’re talking about BJ at LW. That guy was consistently a monster.

There should not be a question of whether he showed up or not when at LW.

People tend to get his WW record and his losses at the end of his career intangled in discussions of his LW GOATness.

He’s 11-3-1 at LW. He never looked “bad” in any of those fights other than the last loss to Frankie. Even then, he wasn’t bad, he was just always a step behind. He never gassed at LW like he did at WW. Don’t confuse it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back