Prime Big Nog vs Stipe under Pride Rules

You're calling him to "easily" KO a prime Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in the first round. That's a feat that would definitely put him in the upper echelon of greatness..... seeing as how a lot of great fighters could not do it.

It's also ridiculous.
and i stand by it.

in fact, i just rewatched cro cop v big nog in 03 at someone else's suggestion. cro cop was piecing him up badly and while the body kicks were beautiful, Mirko's boxing is not as good as stipe's and its not really that close either. there is almost no chance whatsoever that version of big nog lasts 10 minutes with stipe. id put good money on that.

Dont forget stipe has a couple inches in height and massive reach advantage on both those guys, plus a LOT more power in his hands.

I'm not even a stipe fan but yea.. wtf is half the shit I'm reading here... stipe would box nog up at any point, people just seem to counter with heart and chin.

It would probably look like the hunt fight, heart and chin only get you so far these days in MMA.

Good thing we're not talking about a boxing match.

Stipe would probably outjab him and ko him late. Nog didn't have good takedowns and fought off his back too often. Having said that, it would be interesting to see what would happen with the long stamina sapping 10min first round.
Nog didn't have great takedowns....but he usually had 1 good one.

His td's of Crocop and Kharitonov were great doubles.

It's true it wasn't his go-to bread-and-butter, but they worked often enough.

2004 Big Nog would beat him I think. He was fast and had very crisp boxing and obviously his sub game was awesome back then. He also had 100% vision. his eye has had limited vision for a long time

and i stand by it.

in fact, i just rewatched cro cop v big nog in 03 at someone else's suggestion. cro cop was piecing him up badly and while the body kicks were beautiful, Mirko's boxing is not as good as stipe's and its not really that close either. there is almost no chance whatsoever that version of big nog lasts 10 minutes with stipe. id put good money on that.

Dont forget stipe has a couple inches in height and massive reach advantage on both those guys, plus a LOT more power in his hands.

Crocops boxing isn't even close to Stipes?

You know you're just coming off as a huge nuthugger right?

big nig is better at everything except movement, wrestling and punching power, prob wins by pushing the pace until stipe gases
Big nig?......
BlakeShock.gif

shocked.gif

ComputerShocked.gif~c200

and i stand by it.

Straight fucking lol'd

Crocops boxing isn't even close to Stipes?

You know you're just coming off as a huge nuthugger right?
i dont really care, its the truth. people dont have to like it lol.

hes also a lot smaller and less powerful than stipe, too. oh my gosh! gasp.

hes a kickboxer and not a boxer.

its a quick fight. but its a fantasy match up!

Stipe dictates where the fight goes so when nog can't get him down we are practically talking a boxing match.

Nah, we're talking about an MMA match where Nog can strike freely with no worry about being taken down while Stipe has to actually worry a lot about the takedown because there's no comparison between the two on the ground.

I'm also not sure why everyone thinks its completely impossible that Nogueira gets him down.

Nah, we're talking about an MMA match where Nog can strike freely with no worry about being taken down while Stipe has to actually worry a lot about the takedown because there's no comparison between the two on the ground.

I'm also not sure why everyone thinks its completely impossible that Nogueira gets him down.
no comparison between the two huh? So fedor, a tiny man compared to stipe, was able to dominate and control fedor on the ground, but Stipe, a D1 wrestler (aka, a more credentialed grappler) with impeccable, technical submission defense wouldnt be able to?

he also couldnt even take cro cop down by a long shot in ten minutes..

stipe would easily win the fight before it hits the ground, but he would probably finish nog on the ground as well. he dominated everybody he ever fought down there

let me guess, another insult incoming!

How do you see this match up going?

I would give Big Nog the edge in boxing, submissions, chin and heart.

I would give Stipe the edge in power and wrestling which could make things really interesting. I still dont think wrestling with a prime Nog would be a very good idea for Stipe especially if there is a 10 min first round.

Stipes power and athleticism advantage can definitely shake things up. Nog moved well and had good hands but Stipe definitely hits harder and Nog would have to be careful.

I would take a prime Big Nog based on the boxing, bjj and endurance factors.
Good point about 10 min first round.
Yes, in Brazil. Please remind me where Stipe was an Olympic alternate? Oh right, he's never even had a real boxing match. And Nog was one of the very best in the world at jits at that time too.

On the feet? Nog wins by KO. On the mat? Nog takes home an arm. There's nowhere Stipe could have won this fight. Let's see how he'd do against Oyama or someone like that before we start sucking his cock like that.

Shill.
Big Nog had several camps with the Cuban National Boxing Team

Last edited:

Well, I guess you can parrot "Nobody can beat a Golden Gloves boxer eva!" all you want.. It just sounds stupid.

Thinking that this fight is anything but a dog fight just shows you're nuthugging.

If it goes to the ground its over for Stipe anyway.

no comparison between the two huh? So fedor, a tiny man compared to stipe, was able to dominate and control fedor on the ground, but Stipe, a D1 wrestler (aka, a more credentialed grappler) with impeccable, technical submission defense wouldnt be able to?

he also couldnt even take cro cop down by a long shot in ten minutes..

stipe would easily win the fight before it hits the ground, but he would probably finish nog on the ground as well. he dominated everybody he ever fought down there

let me guess, another insult incoming!

Technical impeccable submission defense?

Name one submission fighter he was ever on the ground with please.

Cro Cop has an Amateur boxing record of 48-7.

If it goes to the ground its over for Stipe anyway.
just lazy. i wont evenc all it analysis, its not. its just lazy.

stipe has dominated everybody he ever fought on the ground, which includes alistair overeem and gabriel gonzaga, majorly talented grapplers. he easily defended a guillotine from alistair, a famous guillotine, with textbook defense WHILE ROCKED.

big nog was dominated on the ground by fedor.

i think stipe puts him out from top position!

Great another PRIDE is better than UFC, nostalgia thread. Stipe would keep the fight standing with his wrestling, and knock Big Nog out by being a better, more proven boxer. He's a golden gloves champion. People really underestimate his hands. JDS fight was close, but I thought he won. And JDS is certainly a crisper boxer than Nog ever was. Struve got the finish via Jones-like eyepoke. Outside of that, the only striker to give him problems was Overeem, and he still won that fight.

Cro Cop has an Amateur boxing record of 48-7.
very good, hes not a bad striker. but ive never seen him show top level boxing anywhere. his overall striking is deadly and his kicks are ridiculous, but his hands are not amazing.

like i said, he looked great against big nog in 03 in the first round, but a lot of that was due to his kicking

Back