Prime Big Nog vs Stipe under Pride Rules

Very hard to bet against a young Nog in a ten minute first round. His pace, cardio, chin and heart would likely overwhelm Stipe late in the fight. Stipe is going to land some shots and rock Nog but what is he going to do when this zombie just keeps coming and coming...and then before you know it Stipe starts slowing down and then before you know it Nog starts winning the boxing exchanges and then before you know it Nog finishes him by TKO or sub. We have seen that too many times.

In a cage with 5 min rounds Stipe' s chances go up. But in a ten minute first round with PRIDE rules Nog should be the favorite.

I wish I could post the PM exchange I am having with DaPunk. Genuinely entertaining.

Miocic would KO any version of Nog.
Nog was a little hittable and he wouldn't come close to standing 10 minutes with a guy like Miocic

Ez $

LOL! Stipe wouldn't have been top 15 in Pride. He probably would have lost to Shoji!

Nog would win within 2 minutes!

big nog's boxing is not even close to stipe's. with below average takedowns against a division 1 wrestler, he would be KO'd in the first round.

big nog's boxing is not even close to stipe's. with below average takedowns against a division 1 wrestler, he would be KO'd in the first round.

Big Nog was an Olympic alternate in boxing, shill. He'd win by whatever he wanted in no time flat.

Nougeria survived one of the worst beatdowns of his career against Cro Cop in 2003, he managed to win by armbar. I would pick Nougeria by armbar against Stipe...and i could see Stipe lighting him up on the feet in similar fashion as Cro Cop did before finally losing.

Big Nog was an Olympic alternate in boxing, shill. He'd win by whatever he wanted in no time flat.
in brazil. do you understand how this works?

shill? what the hell are you even talking about? shill for what? please dont tell me you think i give a fuck about the promotions. Im not a fucking professional wrestling fan, im not in it for the drama.

i come from boxing. a boxing family and a boxing gym. do not insult stipe's boxing by saying big nog can box with him.

I doubt it. Stipe is a good boxer, He would not just stand behind sylvias jabs all night and while I don't think he's as good of a wrestler as couture, he is good enough to get timmy down.

he got stopped by struve on the feet. get real.

sylvia would use the ole "hit n shit" on the way to an easy victory

shill? what the hell are you even talking about? shill for what? please dont tell me you think i give a fuck about the promotions. Im not a fucking professional wrestling fan, im not in it for the drama.

i come from boxing. a boxing family and a boxing gym. do not insult stipe's boxing by saying big nog can box with him.

Yes, in Brazil. Please remind me where Stipe was an Olympic alternate? Oh right, he's never even had a real boxing match. And Nog was one of the very best in the world at jits at that time too.

On the feet? Nog wins by KO. On the mat? Nog takes home an arm. There's nowhere Stipe could have won this fight. Let's see how he'd do against Oyama or someone like that before we start sucking his cock like that.

Shill.

Prime Nog had a GOAT chin so Stipe isn't KOing him.

Nog isn't gonna be able to take Stipe down, but would Stipe take Nog down? Unless you're Fedor being on the ground with Nog is dangerous.

That leaves us with a stand up battle. Nog has the chin advantage and Stipe has the boxing and power advantage. Nog is more used to 10 minute rounds, but we've never seen a Stipe who trained for 10 minute rounds.

Good match up.

you're right, his boxing pedigree is top notch.

Yes, in Brazil. Please remind me where Stipe was an Olympic alternate? Oh right, he's never even had a real boxing match. And Nog was one of the very best in the world at jits at that time too.

On the feet? Nog wins by KO. On the mat? Nog takes home an arm. There's nowhere Stipe could have won this fight. Let's see how he'd do against Oyama or someone like that before we start sucking his cock like that.

Shill.
lol big nog was never an olympic alternate

nice try tho fake account

but lets imagine he was: being a golden gloves nationalist in the US is far more prestigious as a boxer than making the REAL olympic team in brazil, let alone the alternate team, which big nog could not manage to do.
lul.

lol big nog was never an olympic alternate

nice try tho fake account

but lets imagine he was: being a golden gloves nationalist in the US is far more prestigious as a boxer than making the REAL olympic team in brazil, let alone the alternate team, which big nog could not manage to do.
lul.

This is great and all

but before we go and start calling Stipe one of the GOATs.... let's see him beat some guys who aren't in the last breaths of the career.

Stipe's UFC record = 10-2

His record against older opponents - 8-0

His record against younger opponents - 2-2

This is great and all

but before we go and start calling Stipe one of the GOATs.... let's see him beat some guys who aren't in the last breaths of the career.

Stipe's UFC record = 10-2

His record against older opponents - 8-0

His record against younger opponents - 2-2
i didnt say hes the goat... at least not in this thread LOL

but hey we'll see. he has a fight in may against one of the toughest match ups for him and itll be monumental in the way he's remembered. if he manages to win, the path for the defense record is clear, and he could potentially set it very high with a much more impressive resume than anyone else in heavyweight history.

a lot of ifs right now. cant wait for dallas.

i didnt say hes the goat... at least not in this thread LOL

but hey we'll see. he has a fight in may against one of the toughest match ups for him and itll be monumental in the way he's remembered. if he manages to win, the path for the defense record is clear, and he could potentially set it very high with a much more impressive resume than anyone else in heavyweight history.

a lot of ifs right now. cant wait for dallas.

You're calling him to "easily" KO a prime Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in the first round. That's a feat that would definitely put him in the upper echelon of greatness..... seeing as how a lot of great fighters could not do it.

It's also ridiculous.

{<jordan}

big nog would have never posed a threat to stipe at any point in his career
I'm not even a stipe fan but yea.. wtf is half the shit I'm reading here... stipe would box nog up at any point, people just seem to counter with heart and chin.

It would probably look like the hunt fight, heart and chin only get you so far these days in MMA.

Back