Prime Big Nog vs Stipe under Pride Rules

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you see this match up going?

I would give Big Nog the edge in boxing, submissions, chin and heart.

I would give Stipe the edge in power and wrestling which could make things really interesting. I still dont think wrestling with a prime Nog would be a very good idea for Stipe especially if there is a 10 min first round.

Stipes power and athleticism advantage can definitely shake things up. Nog moved well and had good hands but Stipe definitely hits harder and Nog would have to be careful.

I would take a prime Big Nog based on the boxing, bjj and endurance factors.

Last edited:
big nig is better at everything except movement, wrestling and punching power, prob wins by pushing the pace until stipe gases

It's really hard to see a prime Big Nog getting ko'd. And 5 rounds(or 20 minutes like Pride) with Big Nog is going to be a war(in order to beat him) and he's going to be in better shape and capable of finishing anyone at any point in the fight. He's going to land his punches and knees throughout the entire fight and never even remotely run out of gas and keep coming forward wanting the fight on the ground. Fedor was the only one ever to be able to deal with him. Barnett did too actually winning a split decision but Nog won the rematch more convincingly IMO. Nog lost his fights with Fedor pretty badly.

Last edited:
stipe would've lost to tim sylvia. he would not have fared well in pride. those guys had their training and steroid game dialed in.

2005 Fedor vs Stipe would be a fun fight to see. I think Stipe could tag and TKO him.

stipe would've lost to tim sylvia. he would not have fared well in pride. those guys had their training and steroid game dialed in.
I doubt it. Stipe is a good boxer, He would not just stand behind sylvias jabs all night and while I don't think he's as good of a wrestler as couture, he is good enough to get timmy down.

big nig is better at everything except movement, wrestling and punching power, prob wins by pushing the pace until stipe gases

I'd say he's better at movement as well and whilst Stipe would have the edge in power Nog's was underrated, it was more that he was either fighting very high level strikers(Crocop, Sergei, Semmy and Fedor) or guys with excellent chins(Coleman, Herring, Barnett) in Pride and where as Stipe's chin is crackable.

Last edited:
Stipe would beat prime nog .. thats an easy fight for stipe with no disrespect to nog … toughest fight for stipe is cain and prime cro cop only because he might ko him with a kick but id still favour stipe in both of those fights.

Stipe would probably be KOd inside of 6 minutes.
You never know. Fedor got tagged by some lesser strikers in Pride. Fedor would be the favourite in this fantasy matchup but I think it's safe to say that Stipe should no longer be underestimated.

You never know. Fedor got tagged by some lesser strikers in Pride. Fedor would be the favourite in this fantasy matchup but I think it's safe to say that Stipe should no longer be underestimated.

Im not a Stipe hater and I think he has very decent skills and legitimate toughness but I do feel his wins are more a product of the age of his opponents than a product of his fighting expertise.

Hunt is 43, AA is 37, Werdum is 39, and Reem is a 50 fight veteran. I dont think a 27 year old Big Nog or Sergei would be easier fights than current Hunt or AA.

and Fedor was an absolute animal who floored 400lb men with his weak hand and would KO Stipe IMO.

Fujita landed one good punch on him thrown blind, besides that and a couple of good Crocop jabs I don't remember Fedor being caught by much significant.

During his peak years Fedor had the lowest strikes taken per min of any fighter in MMA history I believe and that's a big part of why he was able to go undefeated for so long.

Standing Nog was actually much less hittable than his rep as well(basically sold by the UFC to try and pretend he hadn't dropped off), more hittable than Fedor but still actually took big shots standing from a relatively small(Fedor and Crocop plus one Barnett punch) number of people.

Stipe would probably outjab him and ko him late. Nog didn't have good takedowns and fought off his back too often. Having said that, it would be interesting to see what would happen with the long stamina sapping 10min first round.

Back