Prime Big Nog vs Stipe under Pride Rules

The poor Pride widows are still crying into their blurry youtube fight videos.

Such a joke that people diss PRIDE when dudes who were fighting in it still became champions in the UFC or are in the TOP 10.

Old washed up Nog who couldn't beat anyone and had to reitre did better against Struve than 30 year old Miocic did. Miocic is a solid fighter, but his wins are more because everyone else is old than anything. In his last 4 wins (by far the most impressive in his career) Hunt was around 41, Arlovski around 37, Werdum 38, and Overeem 36. All of them are past their physical prime and the only guy close to Miocic's age almost finished him in the first round.

Guys like Miocic, Velasquez and JDS should be ruling the division based on age alone (and even they are working their way to their mid-30s). It's weird no org besides Rizin has been trying to build up young HWs. Back when Fedor, Nog and Cro Cop were the big 3, they were in their mid to late 20s. Now days if you are 33-34 you are the young guy at HW.

Great post fam.

@Bubblun is the biggest piece of trash in this thread and Im thankful stand up guys like @fatlipjesus were here to take him out and put him in the bin before the garbage men arrive in the morning to throw him in the waste pile.
Love seeing Pride loving weirdos like you getting pissed off, that's a great way to start the day.
Yeah because Nog had such a paper chin.

Comparing Prime Nog with Maldonado?
<{nope}>{<doc}<codychoke><{cruzshake}>
You are right, Maldonado boxing is far better than Nogueira boxing ever was.

How Fabio countered Fedor flurry was beautiful, too bad that Fabio is as athletic as my granpa or he would have finished him.

He dominated Sergei standing?

He didnt "DOMINATE" him but he thoroughly out boxed him. Esp in second half of first round and second round.

Last edited:
Honestly I think that Sergei would be in with a very good chance of being champion today, just as much power as Stipe but better defence/chin.

remind me how that 3rd round went.

Atrapitis.gif

Stipe would beat prime nog .. thats an easy fight for stipe with no disrespect to nog … toughest fight for stipe is cain and prime cro cop only because he might ko him with a kick but id still favour stipe in both of those fights.
Imo worst matchups for Stipe are Cro Cop and JDS

Stipe by decision. Keeps it on the feet the whole time, Nog isn't getting past Stipe's wrestling and Nog would be helpless on the feet against Stipe.

Nog would drag him down and tire him out. He could absolutely contend with Stipe’s wrestling. Especially in a ring.

stipe would've lost to tim sylvia. he would not have fared well in pride. those guys had their training and steroid game dialed in.
He would have been fine in pride. And knocked out Timmy.

I would like to see Stipe vs any prime HW of any era. Fedor, Cro Cop, Big Nog, fuckin Mark Coleman or Randy or Lesnar even

Someone who isn’t aged and injured to the point where they should have retired a few years before fighting him

Back