Prime Big Nog vs Stipe under Pride Rules

man-smoking-crack-cocaine-sheffield-uk-A7YR2H.jpg

If you think Prime Big Nog would be an easy fight for anyone, then you need to put the pipe down ASAP!!!
what are you 13?? thats some dumb shit someone in junior high would post.. And don't front like thats not your dad

bryant jennings did not win the championship. also, jennings never fought wilder. not sure if it was you who said that earlier or someone else.

Sorry, I meant he won his regional to get into the Nationals. No, he lost in the finals.

You still didn't answer:

How many competitors were in the field for Stipe's Cleveland Golden Gloves win?

How long was Jennings training before he went to the Golden Glove Nationals final?

Sorry, I meant he won his regional to get into the Nationals. No, he lost in the finals.

You still didn't answer:

How many competitors were in the field for Stipe's Cleveland Golden Gloves win?

How long was Jennings training before he went to the Golden Glove Nationals final?
Don't know, very possible it was zero. I know for sure he won fights that year though.

I also don't know, but i know Bryant is 10x the boxer that anyone crocop fouvht

Don't know, very possible it was zero. I know for sure he won fights that year though.

I also don't know, but i know Bryant is 10x the boxer that anyone crocop fouvht

So you admit to not knowing anything about anything but still are convinced that "Bryant is 10x the boxer anyone Crocop fought".

Why exactly are you acting like Stipe losing to Jennings is some sort of victory?

Jennings had been training boxing less than a year at that point.

Stipe won the Cleveland Golden Gloves against a field of 2 other opponents and then loss to a guy who'd been training less than a year.

It means nothing.

And Crocop fought Mike Bernardo twice.... who was 10-1 as a pro boxer at the time and won the WBF HW championship less than a year after. So you're wrong there too.

So you admit to not knowing anything about anything
well, there it is.

look, its weird to me that i even have to say out loud that stipe is a better boxer than cro cop. im genuinely surprised people think otherwise.

mike bernardo never boxed cro cop, either. and mike bernardo... lol. never boxed anyone near the level of bryant jennings.

by the way, regarding the quoted part, read back over this thread to where i corrected you a couple times and taught you about how the golden gloves work. i wont insult you because i actually have a point.

well, there it is.

look, its weird to me that i even have to say out loud that stipe is a better boxer than cro cop. im genuinely surprised people think otherwise.

mike bernardo never boxed cro cop, either. and mike bernardo... lol. never boxed anyone near the level of bryant jennings.

by the way, regarding the quoted part, read back over this thread to where i corrected you a couple times and taught you about how the golden gloves work. i wont insult you because i actually have a point.

Ok, what's your point about the Golden Gloves and how it works?

Are you going to try and tell me that Stipe beat anybody good? He didn't. And he lost to the first person he fought that was.

Are you going to try and tell me that losing to Bryant Jennings is a feat? It wasn't.

You really have no idea who Stipe, Jennings or Crocop has actually beat. You just keep parroting your same old tired line.

Stipe.stronger,better boxer.
Only pride fighter that can beat miocic that I know is Cro cop

this.

Young Nog had head movement and an iron chin. Young Nog beat an in shape and in prime Barnett, and an in shape and prime Heath Herring, an in shape and in prime Sergei....Can't say that Stipe would have done the same... Nog in his prime would NOT have been KO'd by Struve

I do think Stipe would probably have a slight edge in terms of potentially getting a finish standing(he has the edge in power, Nog in chin but Stipe's chin isnt aweful) but I think Nog would potentally have an edge outlanding him for a decision or wearing him down leading to a finish on the ground.

One other thing that always tends to get overplayed for me as well is "fighter x is a good wrestler so he'll be able to totally avoid the ground". People just view this as a wrestling match but really if you have one guy who is looking to go to the ground in any position then it becomes a lot harder to stop him, Nog was very much like Maia today in this reguard but Maia with more athletic ability and much better striking/chin.

On a similar subject as well I think Werdum is much more give and take as a fighter across his career than many claim. Latter Werdum became more dangerous standing but 2006ish Werdum was arguably better defencively and was definitely better in terms of takedowns, perhaps not as good as Nog in the same era but still pretty quick for a big man and again able to exploit a willingness to fight from his back.

How Stipe deals with a truly elite sub grappler on the ground is a big unknown so really makes this fight hard to judge.

Last edited:
Ok, what's your point about the Golden Gloves and how it works?

Are you going to try and tell me that Stipe beat anybody good? He didn't. And he lost to the first person he fought that was.

Are you going to try and tell me that losing to Bryant Jennings is a feat? It wasn't.

You really have no idea who Stipe, Jennings or Crocop has actually beat. You just keep parroting your same old tired line.
Cro Cop beat nobody boxing.

Jennings went 17-0 as a pro before challenging klitschko

Stipe fought better competition in boxing than cro cop did.

all ive been saying.

Cro Cop beat nobody boxing.

Jennings went 17-0 as a pro before challenging klitschko

Stipe fought better competition in boxing than cro cop did.

all ive been saying.

Yep, that's all you've been saying.

Except:

You have no idea who Crocop fought as a boxer
You have no idea who Stipe fought as a boxer... except that he lost to Bryant Jennings.

Why do you think losing to Bryant Jennings means anything?

If you think that was the same Bryant Jennings that lost to Klitschko.... you're unfathomably stupid.

Miocic would walk toward Nogueira and ko him with one punch, that's it.

Noguiera was a 220 pounds heavyweight known to being a good jiu jitsu fighter with boxing, not good boxing, just boxing.
At the time no jiu jitsu fighter had boxing skills, that was the difference between Nogueira and the others, but Nogueira wasn't the most gifted athlete, stiff, slow, no power, and his boxing is pretty weak.
And even his jiu jitsu is nothing special by today standards, there are like 30 fighters in the UFC with better bjj than Nogueira.
At 220 he would not be a proper sized heavyweight.

Miocic is a 244 pounds wrestler with letal boxing, big difference.
You can't compare fighters from the early 2000 with fighters from 2017.

Whos's next, prime Randleman vs Cain Velasquez? Or maybe prime Crocop vs JDS? They all get beat up.
Yeah because Nog had such a paper chin.

JDS is the best boxer that the heavyweight division has ever seen, one of the best in mma period.

Minotauro was small, stiff, no power, no footwork and very little head movement, he would offer no threats to Miocic, the fight would be similar to Miocic vs Maldonado, and Maldonado has even better boxing than Nogueira.
Nogueira boxing was good compared to Coleman maybe, but get real, Dos Santos and Miocic are different kind of beasts.
Comparing Prime Nog with Maldonado?
<{nope}>{<doc}<codychoke><{cruzshake}>

@Bubblun is the biggest piece of trash in this thread and Im thankful stand up guys like @fatlipjesus were here to take him out and put him in the bin before the garbage men arrive in the morning to throw him in the waste pile.

Nog didn't have good takedowns

This is something of a myth. Nog in his prime took down almost everyone he fought at least once. Guys like Barnett, Hendo, Heath are all high level grapplers that he took down almost at will, and iirc he also took Sergei Kharitonov down more than once (Sergei was a very good grappler at the time, during the peak of his RTT years before he started neglecting his ground game). And of course taking Fedor down as well (never had him in danger but still, putting him on his back at all during his prime years isn't something very many fighters can do)

He wasn't Aleksandr Karelin but he was good enough to where if you fought him you were most likely going down at some point.

Big Nog needz to call it a career...

@Bubblun is the biggest piece of trash in this thread and Im thankful stand up guys like @fatlipjesus were here to take him out and put him in the bin before the garbage men arrive in the morning to throw him in the waste pile.
Waste of time arguin´with someone who says:

"
"But if you want to know my opinion about Ali, he would get murdered by today fighters, he is from the 70ies."

Bubblun, 6 minutes ago"

not sure about Big Nog but Crocop would murder Stipe.
Same with Fedor of course

Who is the closest opponent to stipe that nog dominated standing?

Old washed up Nog who couldn't beat anyone and had to reitre did better against Struve than 30 year old Miocic did. Miocic is a solid fighter, but his wins are more because everyone else is old than anything. In his last 4 wins (by far the most impressive in his career) Hunt was around 41, Arlovski around 37, Werdum 38, and Overeem 36. All of them are past their physical prime and the only guy close to Miocic's age almost finished him in the first round.

Guys like Miocic, Velasquez and JDS should be ruling the division based on age alone (and even they are working their way to their mid-30s). It's weird no org besides Rizin has been trying to build up young HWs. Back when Fedor, Nog and Cro Cop were the big 3, they were in their mid to late 20s. Now days if you are 33-34 you are the young guy at HW.

Back