Pre Conor Nate Diaz

Man did you not see the josh thomson fight?
This reminded me of an older thread:
Josh Thomson: Fighters were taken off PPV or cut because they dated/married women that Dana wanted.
(Timestamped)

I'll just put these two gifs, side by side, for irony's sake:

josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish1.gif
tenor.gif
For a lot of Sherdoggers, no UFC fighters existed prior to Conor McGregor, not to suggest that @irollnaked is one of these aforementioned Sherdoggers though ;).

To me, this fight comes down to the integrity of Khabib's chin. Chances are great that he gets tagged. If he's got a chin anywhere close to Nate's (which I highly highly doubt), I think you can go ahead and put this one in the books. He'll wear down Conor and smash him. Nate's size seemed to greatly bother Conor. Khabib's size will be much much more bothersome as he's not only much bigger, he's legendarily powerful for his size. Unless Conor can crack his chin early, he's just going to be overwhelmed. That being said, I've got a hunch Khabib's chin isn't that great. So, here's the formula..Khabib/weak chin=Conor KO's him Khabib/iron chin=Conor's humiliating destruction Khabib medium strength chin=tossup. Place your bets boys.

Exactly Diaz is a gatekeeper and Conor majorly struggles against him which shows how over rated Conor is

You don't know what a gatekeeper is, stop using the term.

Five of Nate's losses came before he was 25. Two of those he arguably beat against top talent.

His next six losses, two have come from top WWs, the other four have come from LW champions, one of them in an actual title fight before Conor was even in the UFC. All of these happened before he was 27 as well except RDA and Conor.

Losing to a guy two weight classes ahead on short notice also proves nothing. Keep staying bitter, bum. Your champion is back.

Last edited:

Five of Nate's losses came before he was 25. Two of those he arguably beat against top talent.

His next six losses, two have come from top WWs, the other four have come from LW champions, one of them in an actual title fight before Conor was even in the UFC. All of these happened before he was 27 as well except RDA and Conor.

Losing to a guy two weight classes ahead on short notice also proves nothing. Keep staying bitter, bum. Your champion is back.
You just counted up 11 losses on one mans record and proceed to say he's not a journeymen... can you just go away.
31f7b49b24063a589fe928ddf5b3ed2c.gif

And he got MURKED in all those losses. Wasn't even conpetitive

Josh obviously knocked him out bad but Benson and RDA had 2 of the most one sided decisions of the years against him. RDA fight could've been beatdown of the year more than one 10-8 round and it was a 3 rounder

Man did you not see the josh thomson fight?

Getting tooled from start to finish is in my opinion a bigger ass kicking. From what I remember, the first round was back and forth before josh kicked nate's head off.

Benson+Henderson+Low+Kicks+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

tumblr_merul52brG1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

tumblr_ngl37gvLww1u2ragso1_r1_500.gif

diaz.gif

He’s a gatekeeper literally

The definition of

Rank 10 is still top ten, so ya.

8-8 in his previous 16 fights before McGregor. I think he belongs in the UFC but he's more of a 30k to show - 30k to win kinda fighter.
Daniel Taylor gets 20k to show you're fucking delusional. Based on reebok tier system hes at the top of the food chain 30+ fights, descendent of slave owners. Not that his contracts go by the tier system after the Conor fight they dont but if they did hed be maxing out on the tier system.

I saw that fight a few days ago. Is it really natural for MacDonald to fight the way he did and still be fresh in the end? Powerful punches, breathing lightly and what-not?
He's the first athlete (in general) that hasn't been busted and I'm willing to call him a roider.

I saw that fight a few days ago. Is it really natural for MacDonald to fight the way he did and still be fresh in the end? Powerful punches, breathing lightly and what-not?
He's the first athlete (in general) that hasn't been busted and I'm willing to call him a roider.

Lol, people do fucking Iron Man races and Ultra-Marathons in the desert and you're bitchin because a fighter wasn't completely gassed after a 15 minute fight that had breaks every 5 minutes?

You're a dumb fuck <45>

Lol, people do fucking Iron Man races and Ultra-Marathons in the desert and you're bitchin because a fighter wasn't completely gassed after a 15 minute fight that had breaks every 5 minutes?

You're a dumb fuck <45>
You're projecting. I asked a question, explained my thoughts behind it and gave a small insight about myself.
Why so offensive?

You're projecting. I asked a question, explained my thoughts behind it and gave a small insight about myself.
Why so offensive?

I just state the facts.

And it is a fact that if you are going make roid accusations based on something as innocuous as a professional athlete not being gassed from a 15 minute fight...well then, you sir, are a moron.

I just state the facts.

And it is a fact that if you are going make roid accusations based on something as innocuous as a professional athlete not being gassed from a 15 minute fight...well then, you sir, are a moron.
I never said he should be gassed. You're reading what you wanna read.

I never said he should be gassed. You're reading what you wanna read.

I got dubs for suggesting that one of these Brazilian WMMA shemales might possible have abused PEDs. Maybe I'm just a little bitter :(

Sorry for being a dick.

Peace.

Nate Diaz was considered a lesser form of Nick Diaz up until he beat Conor. Then the guy was hyped up like no other. Don't get me wrong, the guy is talented and tough as hell but he was around top 10 at his best which isn't a bad thing but he was not championship material. RDA, Hendo and Rory all tossed him around like a bag of potatoes because they were much more well rounded.

I agree when people say Nate is a bad style match up for Conor, at least in stand up. His chin, his pace and his style are things that make it tough for Conor. If Conor had a ground game or legit KO power it would be a completely different story.

Last edited:
Back