Poll: Biggest robbery of the past 3 years

The confusion between "close fights" and "robberies" is kind of getting out of hand.

I haven't seen Chisora vs Whyte but none of the others were robberies. I didn't even agree with all of them but still no robberies.

I haven't seen Chisora vs Whyte but none of the others were robbery's. I didn't even agree with all of the but still no robbery's.

Yup. I guess the confusion between "robberies" and "decisions I don't agree with" is also getting out of hand.

I only watched Chisora/Whyte at the time it happened so my memory is a bit fuzzy but it felt like it could have gone either way without seeming too outrageous. Probably should have just been a draw but nobody really wants to see a war that ends in a stalemate.

I'm surprised how much people suck at basic elementary school math ... not that I would expect any better from Brendan Dumbass Schaub, but I had to turn this off after 50 seconds into it, and his LL Cool J type of tongue thing didn't help either:

So the guy thinks that you banked 4 rounds in a 12 round fight when you win two 10-8 rounds? So that two other 10-9 rounds means that you won 6 rounds ... That's what Joe Rogan's dummy is really suggesting here.

Again: Two 10-8 rounds PLUS two 10-9 rounds means 112 overall for Wilder ... so if Fury won the other 8 rounds, he's at 114 overall.

But again, it's just Joe Rogan's dummy, who's a pothead in his own right ... Schaub also thought that Conor McGregor had a chance to knock out Floyd.

I know, that's why I suggested it be an "honorable mention" rather than a poll option.

It was an attempted robbery :D
Naaah..... it was a Mexican corruption like there taco meat always a third cooked

lol. Robberies are more than 2 judges, or something like 120-108... when the other fighter had at least 4 rounds in the bag.

All the judges scored it close. The Split Decision isn't rocket science. If you want to see what scorecard robberies look like check out Paul Williams vs Erislandy Lara. Again, look at the scorecards and then watch Lara's performance..

Who needs Mexicans and tacos when a Brit scored the fight proper! 113-113!
Brits can't be bribed? If anything, he was probably pressured into NOT favouring the Brit.

I still can't forget that time a judge was told he's not allowed to score 10-6 rds in Nevada and then the other 2 judges did exactly that. That 1 extra point was the difference between Manny Pacquiao winning or it being called a draw against Juan Manuel Marquez. I've seen some head scratching scorecards turned in by Brits when one of the fighters was British, it seems nationality doesn't guarantee favouritism, money does.

I'm not sure I would call any of them robberies though I think Pac and Fury are the closest. I can just about justify those results as long as you gave the benefit of the doubt to Horn and Wilder on every close round

I haven't seen Chisora vs Whyte but none of the others were robberies. I didn't even agree with all of them but still no robberies.

Im a big fan of delboy but I thought he lost that fight. In reality it could've gone either way. I had Whyte by a point

Im a big fan of delboy but I thought he lost that fight. In reality it could've gone either way. I had Whyte by a point

I think a few details have tricked people into thinking Whyte might have won:
  • Whyte was the one moving forward
  • Whyte landed more jabs
  • Whyte appeared to have more in his gas tank at the end
  • Whyte never went down despite taking a ton of bombs

But none of that makes up for the fact that Chisora landed the bigger shots in probably at least 8 rounds and there was no reason for him to move from the ropes as he was winning the exchanges from that position.

It was a competitive fight but Chisora clearly did enough.

Last edited:
the worst robbery is probably one we never heard of

Back