Poll: Biggest robbery of the past 3 years

None of them, the only one that could be close'ish to a robbery is GGG vs Canelo 1 , but even that is not a full blown robbery. I think my definition of robbery is a lot different than some people, close fights are not robberies, a lot of those fights are close in my opinion.

The best part of this is that none of those fights are robberies. Hooker/Perez is an example of a genuine robbery.

The best part of this is that none of those fights are robberies. Hooker/Perez is an example of a genuine robbery.
yeah, that's a great example. Honestly, just statistically speaking, most robberies are minor fights. For instance, I thought Nietes/Palicte, Burns/Beltran, Briedis/Mikhaelin and maybe Barthelemy/Relikh were worse decisions than any of the ones mentioned in the thread. But nobody cares cause they don't have big fanbases.

Last edited:
There's degrees of robberies, just cause someone didn't lose didn't mean they weren't robbed of a win.
A robbery is when a deserving winner loses. A close fight doesn't consititute a robbery.

Every close fight is a robbery.

-internet

Every close fight is a robbery.

-internet

Internet nowadays is mainly seen as a means to express individual outrage when reality doesn't agree with one's opinion. It does matter in here, as much as the usual confusion between MMA and boxing.

Internet nowadays is mainly seen as a means to express individual outrage when reality doesn't agree with one's opinion. It does matter in here, as much as the usual confusion between MMA and boxing.
You sir, have your head on straight.

None of them, the only one that could be close'ish to a robbery is GGG vs Canelo 1 , but even that is not a full blown robbery. I think my definition of robbery is a lot different than some people, close fights are not robberies, a lot of those fights are close in my opinion.
Close fights should still go to the boxer who won, not be used as justification for robbing them

115-111 Wilder does not suggest the fight was close at all

Close fights should still go to the boxer who won, not be used as justification for robbing them

115-111 Wilder does not suggest the fight was close at all
But the "boxer who won" is very subjective, thats the entire problem, it just depends on who you ask and who they really like in the back of their mind.

I had it 114-112 for Fury, you can see my previous posts about it, but I think its no robbery because some of those rounds were really close and there was not much in it, so I said if people have it 2 rounds to Wilder, or 2 rounds or Fury, or a draw I can't argue, because I rewatched it and honestly some of the rounds are so close and its hard to score

115-111 isn't that close and that's what most people scored it for Fury.
It's really easy for one guy to win many close rounds, it doesn't mean he dominated, he just kept edging it out. That's what happens with a 10pt must system. Someone has to have 10 the other guy has to have 9. 115-111 just means Fury won more of the close rounds.

It's really easy for one guy to win many close rounds, it doesn't mean he dominated, he just kept edging it out. That's what happens with a 10pt must system. Someone has to have 10 the other guy has to have 9. 115-111 just means Fury won more of the close rounds.
I think they should have drawn rounds 10-10. The first round was a good one that could have been a drawn. Neither guy did much but I gave it to Wilder because he landed a couple of body jabs but if I could have scored it a draw then I would have done.

I never said he dominated, I said he clearly won. At most Wilder got 4 rounds but most people only had him winning 2 or 3 yet the fight was a draw, Fury still got robbed of his win. You don't have to lose a fight you should have won to be robbed of a win.

You are correct, that is what I had in mind.

To this day, it's one of the biggest travesties I've witnessed in boxing.
You just suck ass at scoring and are a Lara sack rider.

Back