Poirier wants Mcgregor next

HAHAHAHAHA McCan would get WHHHHOOOOOPED!!!! All of Ireland would cry so loud, that you'd think Margaret Thatcher was having the english invade Ireland again.

HAHAHAHAHA McCan would get WHHHHOOOOOPED!!!! All of Ireland would cry so loud, that you'd think Margaret Thatcher was having the english invade Ireland again.

tumblr_inline_n6t2jtVxVb1rjhkmg.gif

Diamond will ruin this silly mug. Won't even break a sweat doing so.

Diamond will ruin this silly mug. Won't even break a sweat doing so.

I sound so bitter. Ooops.

For real though, would be a great fight. I see Poirier winning it though. But hey, who knows.

McGregor will headline his next fight, so Poirier better take this opportunity while he can.

Ideally, Aldo will be McGregor`s next opponent, but I can`t begrudge the man an extra warm-up paycheck.

McGregor isn't getting to fight Aldo. He headlined a card, but that doesn't make him a title contender. McGregor can talk all he wants and his fans can repeat every word he says like it is gospel, but until he is ranked in the top half of the top 10 there is no point in even mentioning his name in the same sentence as the champ's.

Dustin trying to make his name off of McGregor's aura.

You know that it was Cormier who tweeted this, not Poirier, right?

Aside from that, I think it's actually a good matchup for both guys.

Their not going to risk a cash-cow like McGregor losing before he gets a title shot. He'll be matched up with smaller, slower fighters with small risk involved.

He doesn't have too many of them in the top ten at FW. There are some good wrestlers and dynacmic strikers in there. Conor will have to fight someone dangerous before a title shot.

You know that it was Cormier who tweeted this, not Poirier, right?

Aside from that, I think it's actually a good matchup for both guys.

I had no idea it was DC tweeting. Can't read Twitter, and I suspect I am not alone.

I'd watch.

But I'm sure the UFC will give Connor someone at least in the top 15 unlike Brandao.

I walked into McGregors fight like many others of you - I see him as just a man - expecting him to have a tough fight and very well possibly be defeated by a game opponent. But then he pretty much walked through him like it was no difficulty and now I'm thinking the sky is the limit for this kid. I could see him having problems with wrestling heavy top featherweights such as Chad Mendes. But I could see him putting on a very competitive fight with others such as the Korean Zombie, the type of fights we fight fans love, in which you really struggle to pick who's going to win.

Poirier doesn't stand a chance. If Conor beats someone like Mendes or Lamas then he will prove all the naysayers wrong. DP is stylistically an easy fight for the GOAT.

He needs to fight a rassler.

b but, he beat holloway who sort of kind of almost beat bermudez. bermudez is a good wrestler.

Look, conor's wrestling is not an issue so lets just drop the whole him fighting a wrestler thing. please? for the love of god? cant we just have one striker to ourselves?

As GOAT said, Poirier knew Miller was out before UFC and didn't step up but he is talking now. Interdasting

This should be interesting. Will they try to protect Conor at this stage or not? From the way Dana was talking to the press, he wants to nurse him along, not throw him to the wolves. I actually don't mind if they do throw him in there with Poirier. Let the kid prove he can back up what he says or shut him up finally.

Dustin's recovery, conditioning, and experience helps him weather the early storm in the first round. Poirier will begin to establish his striking range, and effective clinch work midway through the second as Connor slows down a bit. By the third round Dustin takes over completely with a take down, and quickly advances from half guard into side mount, doing damage as he progresses. Dustin will finish Connor in the third/fourth round by Sub, or TKO via gnp.

Connor does have the ability to finish the fight. Dustin has been hurt more than a few times, but if he is unable to put him away early, Dustin will break him in the later rounds. I would rather see Dustin face a more highly ranked opponent though. Lamas would have been my first choice.

I really like Dustin and McGregor.

I think Poirer has been getting tagged a fair bit lately and Connor hits very hard and accurate using momentum against his opponents.

It will be an awesome fight.

This fight looks so even on paper. I'd love to see it and it looks like it's going to happen.

Who's this guy Pourier?

McGoat by T(KO) - 1st rd!! He'll kill him.

Back