Poirier wants Mcgregor next

Didn't Poirier get dropped by the guy Conor just dominated in every facet?

Didn't Poirier easily destroy Holloway while Conor took him to a boring decision?

He had a very close fight against Cub on short notice too, that's more impressive than anything McGregor has ever done.

No I am not. Styles make fights, even if Mcgregor did better against Brandao it doesnt mean he beats Poirier at all.

So explain, what exactly is it about Poirier's style that makes him such a nightmare for McGregor? NCAA-class wrestling? World class striking?

Poirier is very well rounded, but McGregor is just as well rounded with much better hands and far better defense.

Good, logical next fight, and honestly could go against Conor (though I wouldn't bet on it) but people acting like Dustin Poirier is somehow Conor's Kryptonite are just grasping for straws.

Didn't Poirier easily destroy Holloway while Conor took him to a boring decision?

He had a very close fight against Cub on short notice too, that's more impressive than anything McGregor has ever done.

he dominated holloway with a torn acl. :eek:

You mean in Holloway's UFC debut?

So explain, what exactly is it about Poirier's style that makes him such a nightmare for McGregor? NCAA-class wrestling? World class striking?

Poirier is very well rounded, but McGregor is just as well rounded with much better hands and far better defense.

Good, logical next fight, and honestly could go against Conor (though I wouldn't bet on it) but people acting like Dustin Poirier is somehow Conor's Kryptonite are just grasping for straws.

I dont think he would destroy McGregor, it would probably be close, but I see him subbing him in round 2 or 3.

Their not going to risk a cash-cow like McGregor losing before he gets a title shot. He'll be matched up with smaller, slower fighters with small risk involved.

So, everyone else in the division?

Agreed. Conor has better hands than Poirier and Poirier doesn't have the wrestling chops to impose any kind of perceived ground advantage over him.

Agreed. Conor has better hands than Poirier and Poirier doesn't have the wrestling chops to impose any kind of perceived ground advantage over him.

Honestly, I was very impressed with Conor's top control against Brandao, who has a pretty damn savvy guard.

You mean in Holloway's UFC debut?

You're the one that brought up how they did against a common opponent, just proving that's not really an indicator of how the fight would go with another example.

Dustin would own Conor on the ground.

i dont think conor would let him get out of the first round. i love dp but he can drag some very outmatched fighters into the second third round. i dont see him getting conor down and beating him there either. Submissions are a fantasy, quit pretending that shits gonna work for dustin

Dana would poison Poiriers drinking water

Good fight. McGregor wins, and finally proves to the world that he's a legitimate top 10 fighter.

Poirier's good, but I'm not sure he's better than McGregor (or, if he is, not that much better). I think it'd be an evenly matched fight.

I have a feeling dana gives him Darren elkins

Back